Atlas Forum Primaries 2016, Part 2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 11:50:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Atlas Forum Primaries 2016, Part 2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11
Author Topic: Atlas Forum Primaries 2016, Part 2  (Read 25473 times)
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: January 04, 2017, 12:37:43 AM »

Debate Night

Opening statement:

Thank you to our gracious hosts, the moderator and my fellow candidates for being here tonight.

When I began my career in politics in 1987 after winning a seat in the Wisconsin State Assembly, our country was heading down a path of deregulation and brinkmanship with other nations. While President Reagan embarked on a period of massive military spending; deregulation of Wall Street and more, I stood opposed to it.

As Lieutenant-Governor, I pushed for progressive, liberal policies, many of which succeeded. As Governor, I was able to rebuild Wisconsin's infrastructure and institute a single-payer healthcare system. As a Senator I have pushed for the same policies. Hopefully, as President, I will push for the same policies and do the same for the country as I did for my state.

If you do not choose me, then choose on of the others up here. These people are all fine candidates and would make fine Presidents. Trust me, when you see the difference between a policy-centric debate such as this one and the popularity contest that was the Republican debate, you'll see who the better choice is.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Well for starters we need to restrict the sale of semi-automatic assault weapons. These are tools of war, and have no place on American streets. Reinstating the Federal Assault Weapons Ban would be the ultimate end goal. At the same time, we should close the gun show loophole and stop strawman purchases.

However, we need to be nuanced about this. We cannot allow unrestricted blame to go around. If a gun store sells a weapon to someone who has mental issues, and they do it unknowingly, and that person does something crazy, i believe that store is not responsible. If they do it knowingly, that is a different matter.

As a side note, I find it odd that the only time Republicans talk about mental health in any detail is when an incident like this occurs.

I agree with Tsukimi here. No number of refugees accepted will ever be enough; there will always be more. We should accept as many refugees as we can, but we must not play down concerns that there is a danger, however minute it is.

The point is we don't need a tougher screening process-we already have one of the toughest in the world-we need a better screening process. As president, I would grant blanket amnesty to anyone currently in the US, but at the same time, we need to be able to distinguish legitimate threats from the paranoia that the right espouses. We can improve our screening process without getting tougher.

Well obviously we need to reinstate Glass-Steagall. I have lobbied endlessly for it to be reinstated as a Senator, and even in my time as a Governor. I plan to introduce a Glass-Steagall for the 21st Century along the lines of what was proposed in the past by Senator Sanders.

As for the immediate tackling, we need to start by creating universal college tuition; make public college and high school free of charge to all. A degree is the new High School Diploma, and we must make sure that people have them.

We must also look to increase the minimum wage to a minimum of $15 an hour. $7.25 is inept as a minimum wage; there are people working two or three jobs who are still not making enough to take care of their families. What makes matters even worse is that employees are expected to be tipped well. As such, there are some places who pay there employees $2.13 an hour and require tips to make up the difference

That is damn disgraceful, and needs to change.

It's a step in the right direction, and I supported it. However, over time, I have seen it for what it is: a toothless bill that caves to the right wing of the Republican Party and the pharmaceutical interests in this country. What pains me most is that this was a right wing idea; it was proposed by Richard Nixon, the Heritage Foundation, and has been supported by New Gingrich and Chuck Grassley.

The only logical solution in the introduction of single-payer, universal healthcare. We're the only Western nation that doesn't guarantee healthcare to all its citizens. Why are we behind in this area? Republicans want people to think that Medicare and Medicaid are going bankrupt. They're not. They're solvent and will remain so for years to come.

As you know, I'm a proponent of marijuana legalization; but not drugs like heroin. I cannot begin to imagine what the families of these people are going through each day of their lives.

However, the current policy of harsh punishment towards users, especially non-violent users, is especially egregious. how can we claim to be the land of the free when we imprison people for not harming anyone? Our policy needs to shift from punishment to rehabilitation so addicts can recover.

But simple recover is not enough. We must train them to take up jobs in the world. My infrastructure plan will create millions of jobs; those who are former addicts will find work readily available

Not at all. I was an outside shot to win my State Assembly race in '87, and again was an outside shot to win my State Senate seat in '91. I defeated what you might call an establishment candidate to become Governor in 2002, and again in 2012.

My point is, as a Governor and Senator, I know how the legislative branch and executive branch co-exist. The point is, I have been heavily experienced within the executive branch. I was a Governor of eight years, and Lieutenant-Governor for the preceding eight years. I know how to wield executive power, and I have experience in the legislative branch; both state and federal.

I have also worked hard on what might be considered anti-establishment causes. I created universal healthcare in my state. I completed a major infrastructure build. I fought off a major attempt by wealthy corporations to overrule me. Granted, that nearly led to a recall election, but the point is, it didn't. I have taken on corporations and won. The Koch brothers tried financing a major Republican against me, but I defeated him too. I have defeated corporations and their candidates en every election since 2002, and I will do so again, if given the chance.

Closing statement:

Men and women of this great nation, America needs a progressive to bring our country back. I have served faithfully for many years, and would be happy to do so once more. However, as i said at the start, every single candidate on this stage is capable of taking on Wall Street and winning. I would hope the candidate you choose is me, but naturally, you have your own opinions on everything said tonight.

Regardless of your personal leanings, when the time comes to vote, get out and vote. The political revolution can't move ahead without you. And never forget: Always vote your conscience.
Trans Rights Are Human Rights
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #126 on: January 04, 2017, 04:27:22 PM »

Debate Night

Opening Statement:
When I was first elected to the North Carolina State House in 1998, it was a time of turmoil. Lewinsky, dot-com bubble set to burst in just two years, end of Seinfeld. Of course, entering that body in January of the next year, there wasn't much I could do about that. But do you know what I could do, and did? I could work to pass progressive policies, many of which passed under Governors Hunt and Easley. As Congresswoman and Governor, I have pushed for similar policies, perhaps even more liberal, as the tides have changed since I left for Congress in 2003. As President, I will work to pass the same policies I have for my state and my country since 1999. To put it simply, I am Emily Peebleton. I love North Carolina, and I love this country. I've been working hard to make them great, and I believe that I've earned your vote.
In December, fourteen people died in a tragic shooting, and twenty-two seriously injured. The lives of everyone in San Bernardino, California, and America are poorer for it. As President, I will work to do everything I can to prevent another tragedy like this from happening ever again, including increases on background checks, further restrictions on the purchase of assault weapons, and closing the gunshow loophole.
It simply doesn’t make sense to put an upper limit on Syrian refugees. No matter how many refugees we take in, there will always be more. These war-torn lives are trying to get a new start, and while there may be a small concern, the rhetoric that they're all terrorists spread by the right is simply incorrect.
First things first: Raise the minimum wage. Ideally, I’d like a $15 minimum wage, but some local economies can’t handle a minimum wage that high. I will fight to make the minimum wage for tipped workers the same as that of non-tipped workers and for a $12 national minimum wage that local government can increase to fit the standard of living.
As President, I will also work to do everything I can to make college more affordable. I am disgusted by the fact that it can take college students as long as 21 years to pay off their debt.
Leipcare is a step in the right direction, and has proven to be a relative success since it was passed in 2010. Despite its flaws, I would opt to keep and improve it. Basic rights such as that to affordable health care shouldn’t be nearly as polarizing as they are.
I agree with Brandon here. We need to stop punishing addicts to narcotics and other non-violent criminals so strongly, instead focusing our attention to rehabilitation, and that we need to help recovering addicts get employed.
I've spent the last 24 hours being snickered at by elected officials, being ostracized on the Internet, having my own colleagues question my ability to do my job. And while I haven't been showing it tonight, I've let it get to me. So I'll put it bluntly - I don't think it really matters whether I'm transgender or not. No one should be treated this way. And while I may not have answered your question, that's because the answer is none of your business.

Closing Statement:
I'm very angry. I'm angry that the Republican leadership would hold this country hostage and threaten to obstruct progress if they don't get everything they want. It's despicable. Obstructionists should not be allowed to dictate what we need as a country. That power belongs to the people. This do-nothing Congress would like you to think it belongs to them and them alone. I love this country. And when you love something, you don't threaten it. You don't punish it. You fight for it. You take care of it. You put it first. As your President, I will make sure that no one takes advantage of America. If I seem too passionate, it's because I care. If I come on strong, it's because I feel strongly. And if push too hard, it's because things aren't moving fast enough. This is my home. You are my family. And I promise you I'm not going anywhere. Thank you.

Alternative answer to Peebleton-specific question:
Emily Peebleton is trans is the most discussed in the media in the few hours ago. Even it has happened in 2016, but some of the public still curious about what is exactly happening and to be the reason there is a rumor comes out about her trans. At that time she became the massive social networking rumor. The public, especially her voters are shocked. She just came out with her bad rumor which is spread massively. This time is not about her political career, but her bad rumor. The rumor is out of standardize of hoax, according the last reported this politician revealed herself as transgender. Do you still believe or not, this rumor is really much talked by people even in a person of her voters.
Jeppe
Bosse
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -4.00

« Reply #127 on: January 04, 2017, 05:27:46 PM »

Opening Statements

The recent attacks on San Bernardino and other similar incidents have highlighted the growing danger America faces from lone wolf attacks by self-radicalized individuals. What measures will you take to secure the safety of Americans?

There has been a recent influx of refugees from Middle East nations going through turmoil, especially Syria. How many of these refugees should we accept, if any at all? 

The gap between rich and poor has been a topic brought up by many of you during the campaign. What steps will you take to reduce the growing income inequality in this country? 

The health care plan passed in 2010, commonly known as Leipcare, has been highly controversial. Will you choose to keep or discard this law? 

There has been an epidemic of overdoses from narcotics such as heroin. What will you do as president in order to help those affected by addiction? 

(to Park) Your detractors often claim that you used your family's influence to get ahead in Virginia politics. How do you rebuke those claims? 

Closing Statements
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #128 on: January 04, 2017, 07:27:37 PM »

Endorsements

Bobby Jones: Richard L. Trumka, Teamsters Union
Samuel O’Houlihan: United Automobile Workers, Rick Snyder, Joe Arpaio
Susan Park: Mark Warner, Maria Cantwell
Tsumiki Harmon: Sierra Club

Now it's time to allocate tokens. Tokens will be allocated based on poll numbers, fundraising, and new endorsement points. You get more tokens every turn.

Samuel O’Houlihan - 30 new tokens, total 49
Abraham Washington - 34 new tokens, total 36
Ethan Berkowitz - 30 new tokens, total 120
Daniel Conway - 40 new tokens, total 120
James Wilkinson - 56 new tokens, total 56
Laura Rummel - 44 new tokens, total 102
Harry Auldman - 50 new tokens, total 140
Nick Walsh - 20 new tokens, total 60

Emily Peebleton - 94 new tokens, total 186
Tsumiki Harmon - 40 new tokens, total 63
Brandon Korner - 44 new tokens, total 71
Susan Park - 44 new tokens, total 71
Bobby Jones - 268 new tokens, total 407

Antonio Jasso - 30 new tokens, total 70

"Why does Bobby Jones have so many tokens?"
Because Jefferson Galloway endorsed him and so his tokens go over to him.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #129 on: January 04, 2017, 07:31:26 PM »

The polls for Turn 3 are taken before Turn 3's news events have an effect.

Iowa Republican Caucus
Laura Rummel 18%
Daniel Conway 16%
Samuel O’Houlihan 13%
Harry Auldman 13%
Ethan Berkowitz 9%
Abraham Washington 5%
James Wilkinson 3%
Nick Walsh 2%

Iowa Democratic Caucus
Bobby Jones 22%
Brandon Korner 20%
Emily Peebleton 19%
Susan Park 16%
Tsumiki Harmon 12%

New Hampshire Republican Primary
James Wilkinson 33%
Ethan Berkowitz 14%
Samuel O’Houlihan 11%
Harry Auldman 10%
Daniel Conway 9%
Laura Rummel 7%
Abraham Washington 3%
Nick Walsh 0%

New Hampshire Democratic Primary
Susan Park 29%
Bobby Jones 29%
Emily Peebleton 28%
Brandon Korner 18%
Tsumiki Harmon 15%

Antonio Jasso is an Independent candidate who won't be in a primary. I made some GE polls because of his candidacy, but I'm not sharing them.

The Iowa caucuses will be right after the Republican debate this turn. If you want to know the order of primaries after that, then it's the same as it was in 2016. Look it up.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #130 on: January 04, 2017, 07:43:57 PM »

Real life events:

Texas allows open carry.
An armed militia takes over an Oregon wildlife refuge. The FBI ends it with a shootout.
Leip gives his final State of the Union address.
Leip announces a state of emergency in Flint, Michigan.
The United Nations lifts several (though not all) sanctions against Iran after the IAEA confirms it has dismantled its nuclear weapons program.
A Texas grand jury finds Planned Parenthood clear of all wrongdoing after a series of videos supposedly showing them doing wrong. The grand jury indicts the guy who took the video.
The World Health Organization announces an outbreak of the Zika Virus.

Conway Implicated In Corporate Scandal

After a big loss in the debates, Conway can’t catch a break. Recent documents have been leaked showing a large energy company with investors all over the world has been using loopholes, special purpose entities, and other such things in order to hide losses and debt. Many shareholders are filing a lawsuit. (Yeah, I know this may sound familiar to you.)

The documents also imply that during the late 1990s, a North Carolina representative and economist helped them cover it up. Many think this applies to Conway, though there are a few others. Conway must either deny the allegations or apologize in turn 3 or he will be forced out of the race.

I said there would be random scandals.

Debate Recap: Harmon Shines, Jones Doesn’t

The Democratic debate was focused on the issues that mattered and on matters that were important to many Americans. And many takeaways could be found from that debate. On the side of the stage, the strongest voice and the one who commanded the most attention was Tsumiki Harmon. She was articulate and had complete and total control of the stage, as long as she could get herself in the frame. Many were complimentary of Korner’s performance as well, with his experience showing off in just how detailed his answers were. Susan Park neither helped herself nor hurt herself all that much in the debate, despite strong style.

On the other hand, candidates such as Emily Peebleton and Bobby Jones were less strong on the debate stage. Bobby Jones had a disappointing performance on stage, with no memorable lines at all. Emily Peebleton also raised eyebrows by neither confirming nor denying that she was a transgender. However, none of her friends or family have yet been successfully reached for comment, except her mother, who gave the following response: “If you reporters call me one more time I am going to [OMITTED]”. We may never know the truth.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #131 on: January 04, 2017, 07:50:14 PM »

And if you haven't endorsed a candidate yet, I would suggest doing it soon, as primaries are drawing very near.
Jeppe
Bosse
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -4.00

« Reply #132 on: January 04, 2017, 07:56:20 PM »

Fundraise - 5 tokens

Barnstorm in New Hampshire - 20 tokens

Barnstorm in Iowa - 10 tokens

Positive ads in Iowa and New Hampshire - 4 tokens

Campaign stops in Iowa and New Hampshire - 5 tokens

44 tokens used.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #133 on: January 05, 2017, 01:23:17 AM »
« Edited: January 06, 2017, 08:53:26 AM by Intell »

Turn 3

Barnstorming+ Speech in Iowa (11 Tokens)

"The Revolt against the political establishment continues, the revolt against free trade, and the international conglomerates of business, that exploit american works and make american people beholden to the corporate agenda of businessman in China! We the american people say no more! No more to Free Trade, No more to government sponsored corporate globalisation!"

Barnstorming in New Hampshire (10 Tokens)

Barnstorming + Speech in New Hampshire (11 Tokens)

" People It seems that, the debate didn't got the way I would've wanted to say the least, that debate to be honest was quite shi*t, and I even fumbled on the question about my language, god, opps shouldn't have said that. Anyway, the debate doesen't define who I am, and who my campaign is, so to people fed up with the system, do not be in despair, good ol Bobby Jones still has your back!"

Fundraising (5 Tokens)

Visiting Michigan+ Speech (6 Tokens)

Now here in Michigan, heart of Industry, heart of working class americans, hard of labour unions, and a sense of solidarity with one another. When I look at these areas, and neglect by both democratic and republican government, by heart glows with rage. It is why, for this reason I proudly pro-union, and have got the endorsements from the two biggest, the leader of AFL-CIO, Richard L. Trumka, and the teamsters union, this the fight in which I endeavour, I fight for working class americans, a fight for the downtrodden across this great country.

Appearing on Last Week Tonight with John Oliver (1 Token)- Explaining the meaning of my candidacy, advocacy for solutions that work to strengthen the lives of working people, strengthening labor, and expanding healthcare for all, and the need for middle class progressives to understand different opinions that working class america has to the democratic establishment.

Positive Ad (Aired in IA, NH, SC, NV, MI) * 4 Tokens (Double Strength) (

America, a beacon of business, hope and inspiration for the rest of the world, but what happens if in such a great country, the wealthy have it all, while millions live in poverty. We call upon arms to action, we call upon a movement that seeks to help the rural poor in Kentucky or West Virginia to the struggling black family on the streets of new York or Detroit. It is only when we demand, a more equal and just society, a society in where working class families are strong, a society in where unions are strong, is only when we can have an america in where everyone not just those with the wealth and power can have the head held up high and be strong. Vote Bobby Jones for this america.

ASPN
Dr_Novella

« Reply #134 on: January 06, 2017, 04:37:51 AM »

Turn 3

Speech in Oregon : 4 Tokens

Speech in Nevada : 3 Tokens

Barnstorming in Iowa : 13 Tokens

Ad to air nationwide : 2 Tokens

Participate in Reddit AMA : 1 Token (Its like an interview, just with a bunch of reddit users)

Barnstorming in New Hampshire : 11 Tokens

Tweet : 1 Token

Total spent: 35 Tokens
Trans Rights Are Human Rights
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #135 on: January 06, 2017, 08:39:38 AM »
« Edited: January 06, 2017, 03:33:04 PM by Peebs »

Turn 3
One turn until Iowa
Balance before turn - 186 Tokens
5 Tokens - Fundraising
6 Tokens - Positive ad (x3)
1. "Stand Up" - To be aired nationwide
Fade in to Peebleton holding a mic in a comedy club, in the middle of a stand up routine. She says, "So what's the deal with Congress? I mean, the President proposes a policy and before he can say "Thanks, Dave", the Republicans are already against it!" A narrator interjects. "Governor Emily Peebleton will work with Congress to get her plans through. Emily Peebleton: Stand Up For America."
Peebleton: "I'm Emily Peebleton and I approve this message."
2. "She Fights For Us" - To be aired nationwide
Narrator: "Governor Emily Peebleton has been by the side of the people of America since 1999, fighting for progressive values, and fighting for us. When it's time for your primary, make sure you vote for Emily Peebleton, because She Fights For Us."
Peebleton: "I'm Emily Peebleton and I approve this message."
3. "Regardless Of Who You Vote For..." - To be aired in Iowa
Peebleton walks in front of camera, looks into it, and begins speaking. "Hello, Iowa. As we come closer to the big day, you must be sick of all the ads, attacks, accusations, and all additional aggravations. I believe every candidate, including myself, has made a strong case, so I'll just leave it to this: On February 1, regardless of who you caucus for, make sure to follow your conscience. I'm Emily Peebleton and I approve this message."
9 Tokens - Campaigning in Iowa (x3)
3 Tokens - Campaigning in New Hampshire (x3)
30 Tokens - Barnstorming in Iowa (x3)
30 Tokens - Barnstorming in New Hampshire (x3)
3 Tokens - Angry Tweets (x3)

Total - 86 Tokens
Balance going into Turn 4 - 100 Tokens
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #136 on: January 06, 2017, 05:20:36 PM »

Get everything in by tomorrow evening please. Then there will be a Republican debate, then the Iowa caucuses.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #137 on: January 07, 2017, 04:06:25 AM »

Will have mine up (hopefully) in the morning. Thanks Mike.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #138 on: January 07, 2017, 06:46:15 AM »

Madison, Wisconsin

Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -7.22

« Reply #139 on: January 07, 2017, 02:11:16 PM »

Hello, this is Senator Berkowitz. As you may know, shortly after launching my Presidential campaign I was hit by a car and hospitalised. I've since made a full recovery, but I haven't had the opportunity to campaign or debate in the intervening time. As such, I will be suspending my campaign. To those of you who supported me, I am sorry. Blame the idiot who was texting while I was crossing the street and didn't notice the red light or the man in front of her. Typical liberal scum. But anyway, I implore you to vote for my close friend, Michigan Governor Samuel Fogle O'Houlihan.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #140 on: January 07, 2017, 02:16:35 PM »
« Edited: January 07, 2017, 07:59:03 PM by Speaker NeverAgain »

(5 tokens, I guess?)
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #141 on: January 07, 2017, 04:06:27 PM »

With  the disappointing departure of Gov. Jefferson A. Galloway from  the race, I will endorse Emily Peebleton for President.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #142 on: January 07, 2017, 05:50:11 PM »

You guys have to post your turns very soon. No Republicans have posted their turns yet, so get on it. You will not be able to during the debate. 
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #143 on: January 07, 2017, 05:57:53 PM »

Get your turn in by 8 pm EST or else face a poll penalty even if you miss it by one second. Good luck.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #144 on: January 07, 2017, 07:56:08 PM »

Ugh. I really need to stop procrastinating this. I'm really sorry Mike. I promise to like do this earlier and make them detailed and sexier from now on. O'Houlihan's O'Honor.

- 2 Barnstorming Sessions in IA (20 tokens)

- 1 Barnstorming Session in NH (10 tokens)

- Gubernatorial Stop in Flint to assist in the Crisis, and a Speech there (posted above) (8 tokens)

- 2 Angry Tweets (to come during debate, lol) (2 tokens)

- 1 Negative Ad in NH on Wilkinson - "Stand with God, not Wilkinson's Fraud"

- 1 Negative Ad in IA on Rummel - "Rummel/Washington -  Where does the corruption end?"

- Appear on Late Show with Stephen Colbert (1 token)

- Positive Ad on O'Houlihan in IA - "Reviving the American Dream" (2 tokens)

SPENT 49, SAVE: 0.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #145 on: January 07, 2017, 07:59:54 PM »

Barnstorm Iowa (with Speech) (x 3)Sad 31 tokens

Barnstorm New Hampshire (with Speech)Sad 11 tokens

Positive ads in Iowa on Taxes: 4 tokens

Positive ads in New Hampshire on Taxes: 2 tokens

Positive ads in Nevada on Public Land Issues: 2 tokens

Fundraiser in Iowa: 10 tokens

Total Expenditures: 70 tokens

Total Remaining: 32 tokens
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #146 on: January 07, 2017, 08:04:42 PM »
« Edited: January 07, 2017, 08:06:59 PM by Left »

Debate rules: they haven't changed. All Republican candidates are invited to the debate. If Conway does not answer the question directed at him he will be forced out.

Opening statements

Bipartisanship and reaching across the aisle is a quality that voters often look for in a president. What issues would you be willing to compromise with Democrats on during your presidency?

Veterans issues have not received as much attention compared to other issues. What actions will you take as president to help our veterans and those who have served?

Incidents in areas such as Ferguson have highlighted the strained relationship between citizens and police officers in this country. What do you think are acceptable measures to ease the conflicts?

Many scientists are in agreement that anthropogenic climate change is a real threat that must be stopped. Do you agree with that assessment?

The Iran nuclear deal has caused sanctions on the nation to be lifted recently. Will you keep this deal in place one you are elected and what will your overall actions on Iran look like during your presidency?

(to O’Houlihan) Many of you in the audience and at home may have heard of the water crisis in Flint, Michigan. O’Houlihan, some are criticizing your administration for your response. Do you believe you responded to the crisis correctly?

(to Conway) Recently leaked documents implicate you in a corporate scandal. Is that really you or are the accusations false?

(to Wilkinson) The Vatican just handed down their decision on your candidacy. You have just been stripped of your priesthood. What is your response to that?

(to Rummel) Many are comparing your candidacy and political views to that of Ron Paul, who ran campaigns in previous primaries. Do you think you are like Ron Paul in any way?

(to Auldman) In an outsider year, many are wary of voting for experienced politicians such as yourself. Is there any reason why those looking for an outsider should vote for you?

(to Walsh) You have done very little campaigning, if any at all, so far in this race. Why should we expect people to vote for you if you are so inactive?

Closing statements

I'll be back with the Iowa results in 24 hours.

Okay, you can still post your turns by 12 PM EST, but only because one person asked really nicely.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #147 on: January 07, 2017, 08:11:58 PM »

Father James N. Wilkinson Turn 3

Barnstorm in IA * 2

Barnstorm in NH * 1

Barnstorm in SC * 1

Fundraise with the remaining 16 tokens

(Slightly late, but the time limit was posted late as well--surely 11 minutes is no crime!)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #148 on: January 07, 2017, 10:54:58 PM »

WOW, I have never seen such a high-energy campaign in my entire life.  O'HOULIHAN is clearly the leader this country needs to guide us to dominate the world. We are going to win so much with him in charge. ENDORSED.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #149 on: January 08, 2017, 06:17:08 PM »
« Edited: January 08, 2017, 06:19:52 PM by Speaker NeverAgain »

Governor O'Houlihan's Debate Responses

Opening Statements

My Fellow Iowans, and Atlasians. I am here on this stage because for the past 8 years you have been taken advantage of the corporate elite, by the fat-cats on Wall St., and by the bureaucratic nightmare that is Washington. I pledge to you, my fellow Atlasians, I will defeat radical Islam all over the world, push for true economic justice for millions of hard working Americans, and throw those awful bums outta Washington!

I don't see issues as being "left or right", I only see what makes sense and what works for working families. But sadly, those on both sides of the aisle have been corrupted into seeing that each issue is so complicated when they really aren't. I will be pushing my agenda of significant tax reform to ensure fairness in our out of control tax code, an increase of the minimum wage to $10 an hour to improve wage security for families, and a new jobs program to put millions of Atlasians back to work and improve our crumbling infrastructure. If the Democrats or the Republicans want to join me in these measures, I'd be happy to have them sign on, but my priority is working for the Atlasian people, not the interests of the corporate interests of the party leaders.

Veterans issues are of the utmost importance to me, as I come from a military family, my father served in World War 2, my Uncle was an Full Colonel in our great Navy, and my wife has served as a nurse in VA hospitals for the past 4 decades, so veterans issues matter to me a whole lot. The VA Crisis under the Leip administration is disturbing and degrading to the families of our military men and women who put their lives on line for our safety everyday. As your President, I will not rest until each and every veteran receives the care and assistance they deserve from their government! And I promise, that within my first 100 days in office, I will appoint a taskforce to address this crisis and solve it, because this isn't just about our military or our veterans, this is about the dignity of our nation, and I am the only candidate on this stage that can and will fix it.

The issue of police violence is something that has affected millions of Atlasians, no matter their race. The issue of Africans Americans being marginalized is entirely true, but the fact is, it's not from the majority our police force, it's from the corrupt establishment in Washington by promoting these atrocious trade deals that only benefit the fat-cats on Wall St. and not African Americans or anyone in Atlasia. I want to bridge the divide that we see between the police and the African-American community, like President Leip has entirely failed to do. I am the only candidate on this stage with experience in working with police officers. As Governor, I have implemented significant reforms to encourage police officer's safety, but also the ability for accountability for police forces to ensure they do their job correctly. If elected your President, I will ensure these reforms can be felt across this great nation.

Our environment must be protected, but that doesn't mean we should hinder people's lives and ability to grow the economy, just because the weather ebbs and flows as it always does. The preservation of the environment HAS to be balanced with the preservation of the economy. There are MANY things we can do to continue to grow our economy and protect the environment. Protecting coal jobs is essential and we can help transition many coal plants to become carbon neutral like many are starting to do in West Virginia. So in long words, I believe that protection and preservation of the environment is a worthy goal, but how we do it is not through constricting the ability for working families to get a job in our nation.

The Iran Nuclear Deal is a total and utter disgrace. I am sickened at President Leip and many of even my own party who went along with this atrocity over in Washington. In my administration, I will end it on Day One, and ensure that Iran NEVER gets a nuclear weapon, like they surely will with this "agreement".

Thank you so much for bringing this up. I want to thank so many of you at home for your thoughts and prayers to our fellow Michiganders in Flint. I have been off the campaign trail and with my friends and neighbors in Flint, trying to help fight this tragic and heinous epidemic that is affecting so many. When I first heard about this crisis, I immediately appointed a task force to intervene and start assisting thousands of families. Since then, I have passed a bipartisan bill revitalizing the infrastructure of Michigan and especially Flint, and am working on passing a Safe Water Initiative to further help those in need in Flint, and all over the Nation. Everyone should be able to drink clean and safe water. That is a Human Right that I will continue to fight for. The people of Flint, and the people of Michigan know I have fought everyday to end this incredible atrocity, and I promise, if I am elected your President, I will continue to fight to ensure that no one fears that their drinking water is unclean anywhere in our nation.

Closing Statements

I thank you all for listening to me, and my opponents tonight. You've heard us talk about what we're going to do, as you do every four years, but this time it is so vitally important that we actually do it, and not just give lip service just to gain power or wealth. I have fought the bureaucrats who try and keep working people down, I have met with the grieving mother who has lost her child due to the anti-Atlasian policies of this President, and I have seen this nation as it truly is, and what it is capable of with a true leader in charge. So Iowans, and my fellow Atlasians, you have a choice this election, you can stick with the status-quo of my opponents here on this stage, or you can choose true change, and show the establishment that we're here too!

Thank you, God Bless Iowa, and may God Bless the United States of Atlasia!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies