Ohio leg. passes 6-week abortion ban - VETOED by Kasich; 20-week bill signed
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 14, 2024, 11:12:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Ohio leg. passes 6-week abortion ban - VETOED by Kasich; 20-week bill signed
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
Author Topic: Ohio leg. passes 6-week abortion ban - VETOED by Kasich; 20-week bill signed  (Read 6141 times)
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: December 15, 2016, 12:05:29 AM »

abortions are something much more intimate and much more "necessary" aka connected to the basic needs of societal female life than vices like robbery and murder.

Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #126 on: December 15, 2016, 12:34:30 PM »

Banning abortion is doomed to fail...it's like prohibition.

Before Roe vs Wade...there were a million abortions done a year under the table. All banning abortion would do is move it back to those circumstances. And since we all know that no state would be willing to fully enforce jailing women who have abortions, just like with prohibition, then the ban is doomed to fail.

Never understood pro-lifers, their viewpoint on abortion is doomed to fail just like in every other country where abortion is banned

Both of my parents are only alive because abortion was illegal in California until Reagan legalized it in 1967, four years after my father was born and seven after my mother. My father's mother was 17 when she gave birth to my father, and my mother's mother was 16. The latter has even told my mother that she'd have been aborted if it hadn't been illegal in 1960. Don't pretend banning abortion doesn't reduce it. That's horsesh**t.
Anecdotes don't equal reality, especially if you look at Central America and the Middle East.

My baby momma's grand mother and her mother had an abortion. I think for every abortion that is dissuaded, another abortion occurs because detterence has replaced prevention.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #127 on: December 15, 2016, 06:21:45 PM »

66% of Americans agree with a twenty week ban. Let's not pretend this is some radical position to take.

I made the mistake of reading the comments section of some articles about the ban.

Got to read some ignorant, wicked people declare that a twenty week fetus is not human. My child is nearly twenty weeks old. It can kick with enough force that it can be seen through my wife's clothes and gets scared if it hears loud noises. If the baby was aborted it would die in agony. And yet some are willing to call it an unperson. Its monstrous.

Our society sacrifices its most vulnerable among us and calls it choice.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #128 on: December 16, 2016, 12:07:08 AM »

This bill doesn't even have a life of the mother exception to it. Yikes!
The one signed and passed has a life of the mother exception to it. Fake news continues to spread!
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #129 on: December 16, 2016, 12:45:33 AM »

This bill doesn't even have a life of the mother exception to it. Yikes!
The one signed and passed has a life of the mother exception to it. Fake news continues to spread!

the passed one wasn't the reason to make this thread....does the vetoed one have the exception rule? would be more logical for him to talk about that one.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #130 on: December 16, 2016, 09:10:57 AM »

66% of Americans agree with a twenty week ban. Let's not pretend this is some radical position to take.

I made the mistake of reading the comments section of some articles about the ban.

Got to read some ignorant, wicked people declare that a twenty week fetus is not human. My child is nearly twenty weeks old. It can kick with enough force that it can be seen through my wife's clothes and gets scared if it hears loud noises. If the baby was aborted it would die in agony. And yet some are willing to call it an unperson. Its monstrous.

Yeah. That's called being a smart business owner and saving the taxpayer's money and getting lazy people back to work!
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #131 on: December 16, 2016, 12:57:37 PM »

Weird seeing people get so worked up over this.  I always thought abortion was something that brings out the kid in you.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #132 on: December 16, 2016, 12:58:54 PM »

Weird seeing people get so worked up over this.  I always thought abortion was something that brings out the kid in you.

lol
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #133 on: December 16, 2016, 01:03:54 PM »
« Edited: December 16, 2016, 01:06:39 PM by TN Volunteer »

I must say the rhetoric of the radical pro-choice crowd is really... uh... disturbing.

True.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #134 on: December 16, 2016, 01:28:44 PM »

Weird seeing people get so worked up over this.  I always thought abortion was something that brings out the kid in you.

lol

That's Alt-Politically Incorrect.
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #135 on: December 16, 2016, 02:22:39 PM »

Dammit.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #136 on: December 16, 2016, 03:39:08 PM »

Dammit.

I still laugh when I see it
JoshPA
Rookie
United States

« Reply #137 on: December 18, 2016, 05:45:06 PM »

This is why kasich wasn't the nominee.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length