Rightist posters, Positions and idelogy?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:42:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Rightist posters, Positions and idelogy?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rightist posters, Positions and idelogy?  (Read 733 times)
538Electoral

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 02, 2020, 04:19:18 PM »

Obviously inspired by the leftist thread:

Talk about your political framework. So, you're a rightist. Are you a "Trumpist" or a "Never-Trumper" or perhaps not even that conservative? What defines your belief system and how far right do your beliefs go?

Talk about women's rights, minority rights, gay rights and trans rights. Are you a feminist? What are your thoughts on Black Lives Matter and the #MeToo movement? Do you support affirmative action? Is the gender pay gap a real problem? Do you have any thoughts on intersectionality? Are all white people subconsciously culturally racist? Can oppressed people without power be considered racist? Is cultural appropriation a bad thing and/or a problem?

Talk about "social justice warriors (SJWs)", safe spaces and trigger warnings. Are these things okay or are they too authoritarian? How much diversity and inclusion should be required as opposed to encouraged (EDIT - equality of opportunity VS equality of outcome)? If (for example) gay latinos are allowed a safe space, is it only fair that straight caucasians are provided one too? Should white people feel guilty about their privilege?

Talk about immigration, both legal and illegal. Is too much immigration disruptive to our cultural values? Should permanent residency be on the table for anybody who lives here illegally? What about DREAMers and children born here who's parents had come here illegally (which is currently legal)? What should the policies be on deportation and detention centers? How negatively would America be affected by "open borders" soft laws and loose enforcement? Should illegal immigrants receive medical care if we adopt single payer and they aren't paying in? How do we "solve" illegal immigration long-term?

Talk about America's role in the world and what it's goals should be. Should we be using the military to punish naughty governments? Should we leave the UN or work closer with them? Is our relationship with Saudi Arabia appropriate with all the unethical things they do? Is America too friendly with Israel to the point that they aliemate Palestine? Is it possuble to be against Netanyahu's Israel occupying Palestinian land without being anti-semetic? How do you feel about the BDS movement? How do you feel about free trade agreements?

Talk about climate change and the future. What level of urgency is needed and what type of plan? Do you like the idea of a Green New Deal? Would the infrastructure part of the plan be a big boost the economy? How do you feel about nuclear energy? Do you support carbon taxes and/or cap and trade systems? Should we be willing to let the economy suffer to reduce emissions?

Talk about health care and what it means to you. Is it a luxury or a human right? Do you believe in single payer? Should hospitals be privatized or public facilities? Should dental and ocular health be covered under single payer? Does having a private option (for basic care) work or ruin everything? Are "death panels" and long wait times a real issue or mostly right wing talking pointz? Do we need more government control over pharmaceutical costs?

Talk about worker's rights in America, including unions and minimum wage. Do unions in America need to focus on their members more instead of benefitting themselves? Are you pro-union? What perks would unions offer instead if single payer is implimented? How high should the minimum wage be? Should all full time workers be able to afford shelter and food? Does a high minimum wage lead to businesses leaving a country and damaging the economy?

Talk about the role of the government in providing certain things for all of it's citizens. We have roads, police, fire departments and an army, but what else should be provided? Is it moral and practical for the multi-millionaires to pay extra to ensure certain things for everyone else? Will that ruin the economy as postulated in the theory of "trickle down economics"? If taxes are raised on corporations, will they leave and damage the economy?

Talk about who you think holds the power in America. Is it the legislators? The Illuminati or some secret government (jews, extraterrestrials, the ultra-rich)?  The corporations and the oligarchs? Do politicians really represent their voters or do the donors and lobbyists call the shots in Washington and tell Pelosi and McConnell what they can and cannot do? Is government corruption fixable without a massive overhaul of the law and the establishment?

Talk about government control of our speech and bodies. Are you pro-choice or pro-life? Do you support assisted suicide? How strongly do you support free speech and where do you draw the line? What are your thoughts on making it illegal (discrimination) to use a trans person's wrong pronouns?  What are your thoughts on letting fascists speak at college campuses, providing they do not incite or promote violence? Do you think the Social Justice Warrior and Cancel Culture movements are at times too authoritarian by advocating censorship, or do you agree with the censorship?

Talk about your views on drug laws, gun laws, prostitution and the prison system. Should marijuana be decriminalized (or legalized)? Should all drugs or most be legalized or decriminalized? Are non-violent drug sentences too harsh in America? Should a citizen be allosed to own a functional army tank or nuclear warhead? Do you think there is a serious problem with the private prison industry lobbying Washington to keep prisoners flowing in and providing profits? Should a prison provide mostly punishment or mostly rehabilitation?
538Electoral

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2020, 04:51:23 PM »

My takes:

Talk about your political framework. So, you're a rightist. Are you a "Trumpist" or a "Never-Trumper" or perhaps not even that conservative? What defines your belief system and how far right do your beliefs go?

I'm a Trump populist. I believe in most of Trump's policies and am an ardent supporter of him for this years election.

Talk about women's rights, minority rights, gay rights and trans rights. Are you a feminist? What are your thoughts on Black Lives Matter and the #MeToo movement? Do you support affirmative action? Is the gender pay gap a real problem? Do you have any thoughts on intersectionality? Are all white people subconsciously culturally racist? Can oppressed people without power be considered racist? Is cultural appropriation a bad thing and/or a problem?

I believe in equal rights for everyone but sometimes I think protests about said things can go too far. I do not support affirmative action and I don't believe the gender pay gap is that big of a problem. Of course not all whites are "subconciously culturally racist" and yes oppressed people without power can very well be racist just as anyone could. and I do in fact believe cultural appropriation is a problem.

Talk about "social justice warriors (SJWs)", safe spaces and trigger warnings. Are these things okay or are they too authoritarian? How much diversity and inclusion should be required as opposed to encouraged (EDIT - equality of opportunity VS equality of outcome)? If (for example) gay latinos are allowed a safe space, is it only fair that straight caucasians are provided one too? Should white people feel guilty about their privilege?

I think some SJW's, safe spaces and trigger warnings are too authoritarian. Not all whites have privilege and some minorities very much do. Everyone has the right to feel proud of their privilege as long as they worked hard to obtain said privilege.

Talk about immigration, both legal and illegal. Is too much immigration disruptive to our cultural values? Should permanent residency be on the table for anybody who lives here illegally? What about DREAMers and children born here who's parents had come here illegally (which is currently legal)? What should the policies be on deportation and detention centers? How negatively would America be affected by "open borders" soft laws and loose enforcement? Should illegal immigrants receive medical care if we adopt single payer and they aren't paying in? How do we "solve" illegal immigration long-term?

I'm mostly Trumpist on immigration. I do not think anyone who comes here illegally should have a path to citizenship unless they work for it. I do agree that too much immigration is bad for our culture and I do believe dreamers should be counted as illegals though the children should be allowed to stay in good foster homes and then they should be allowed to stay as adults if they can prove they won't commit crime and get a job. I like most of the current deportation laws as currently is and I believe the country would be negatively affected by open borders, soft laws and loose enforcement. We should solve illegal immigration by building a wall and leaving South and Central America.

Talk about America's role in the world and what it's goals should be. Should we be using the military to punish naughty governments? Should we leave the UN or work closer with them? Is our relationship with Saudi Arabia appropriate with all the unethical things they do? Is America too friendly with Israel to the point that they alienate Palestine? Is it possible to be against Netanyahu's Israel occupying Palestinian land without being anti-semitic? How do you feel about the BDS movement? How do you feel about free trade agreements?

Foreign policy tends to be the issue I agree with leftists on the most. Our goal should be a close partnership with everyone to make the world a better place. I think we should not use our military against anyone who doesn't attack us first. We should step down from the UN and I think we should end our partnership with Saudi Arabia. I think we are too friendly with Israel and we should admit both sides are guilty of wrongdoing and should have a two state system. It is possible to be against the Israeli government without being anti-semitic. I think BDS protesters have a good point but said protests can go too far and I think free-trade deals like NAFTA haven't done the country much good.

Talk about climate change and the future. What level of urgency is needed and what type of plan? Do you like the idea of a Green New Deal? Would the infrastructure part of the plan be a big boost the economy? How do you feel about nuclear energy? Do you support carbon taxes and/or cap and trade systems? Should we be willing to let the economy suffer to reduce emissions?

I have mixed opinions on climate change. While it's real and should be solved. I don't support carbon taxes and other things. We should not let the economy suffer to reduce emissions but look for other ways to do so instead.

Talk about health care and what it means to you. Is it a luxury or a human right? Do you believe in single payer? Should hospitals be privatized or public facilities? Should dental and ocular health be covered under single payer? Does having a private option (for basic care) work or ruin everything? Are "death panels" and long wait times a real issue or mostly right wing talking points? Do we need more government control over pharmaceutical costs?

Health care is a human right but I don't believe in single payer. Hospitals should be available to the public and I don't think dental and ocular work should be single payer. private options could be a good or bad thing depending on any number of factors. Death panels and long wait times are real issues. (I've had to wait over 5 hours to get a tooth pulled at the dentist before for instance) and governments should be allowed to control pharmaceutical costs as needed.

Talk about worker's rights in America, including unions and minimum wage. Do unions in America need to focus on their members more instead of benefitting themselves? Are you pro-union? What perks would unions offer instead if single payer is implimented? How high should the minimum wage be? Should all full time workers be able to afford shelter and food? Does a high minimum wage lead to businesses leaving a country and damaging the economy?

I am anti-union and I think the minimum wage should be about $10 or so. It being too high could well lead to business leaving.

Talk about the role of the government in providing certain things for all of it's citizens. We have roads, police, fire departments and an army, but what else should be provided? Is it moral and practical for the multi-millionaires to pay extra to ensure certain things for everyone else? Will that ruin the economy as postulated in the theory of "trickle down economics"? If taxes are raised on corporations, will they leave and damage the economy?

I think the government provides nicely as is and I'm mixed on whether it is moral and practical for billionaires and multi millionaires to pay extra. It may or may not ruin the economy and corporations may well leave if taxes are raised.

Talk about who you think holds the power in America. Is it the legislators? The Illuminati or some secret government (jews, extraterrestrials, the ultra-rich)?  The corporations and the oligarchs? Do politicians really represent their voters or do the donors and lobbyists call the shots in Washington and tell Pelosi and McConnell what they can and cannot do? Is government corruption fixable without a massive overhaul of the law and the establishment?

It could well be the Rothschilds. I'm not sure what goes on behind the scenes.

Talk about government control of our speech and bodies. Are you pro-choice or pro-life? Do you support assisted suicide? How strongly do you support free speech and where do you draw the line? What are your thoughts on making it illegal (discrimination) to use a trans person's wrong pronouns?  What are your thoughts on letting fascists speak at college campuses, providing they do not incite or promote violence? Do you think the Social Justice Warrior and Cancel Culture movements are at times too authoritarian by advocating censorship, or do you agree with the censorship?

I'm mostly pro-choice and do not support assisted suicide. I very much believe in free speech and I draw the line at speeches that threaten to hurt or kill someone. I don't have an opinion on trans person's wrong pronouns and I guess I'd be okay with letting fascists speak at campuses if they do not promote or incite violence. I think SJW's and CC's can be too authoritarian and I do not agree with their censorship.

Talk about your views on drug laws, gun laws, prostitution and the prison system. Should marijuana be decriminalized (or legalized)? Should all drugs or most be legalized or decriminalized? Are non-violent drug sentences too harsh in America? Should a citizen be allowed to own a functional army tank or nuclear warhead? Do you think there is a serious problem with the private prison industry lobbying Washington to keep prisoners flowing in and providing profits? Should a prison provide mostly punishment or mostly rehabilitation?

I think marijuana laws are up to the states and most drugs should remain illegal. I think non-violent drug sentences should be a year or less and citizens should not be allowed to own tanks or warheads obviously. I don't have an opinion of private prisons and I do believe that prisons should provide punishment to most prisoners and rehabilitation to criminals who've committed more minor crimes and drugs/alcohol.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2020, 05:20:19 PM »

Lol, why would I have positions or ideology?
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -0.17

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2020, 06:52:31 PM »

I was Never Trump in 2016, but have since come to support him, even though I think he's a douchebag. I am a Tea Party conservative and am both stridently right of center on fiscal and social issues.

I support women working outside the household, and I believe that gay people deserve to be treated equally to straight people. However, I believe that marriage is between a man and a woman, and I do not believe it is possible to be transgender. Whether or not I am a feminist depends on which "wave" you refer to: while I support a woman's right to vote and the fight of women for equal treatment, I do not support the #MeToo movement, which I believe has gone too far, as evidenced by the Kavanaugh allegations. The same goes for BLM, which I believe comes from a good cause and addresses a real issue, but has gone too far, as evidenced by the recent protests. I hate intersectionality with a burning passion. The gender pay gap is not a real problem, and multiple studies have shown that it's existence, insofar as it even exists, is a result of the naturally different choices of men and women. No, not all white people are subconciously racist. You do not need to have power to be racist. "Cultural appropriation" is neither a bad thing nor a problem.

Talk about "social justice warriors (SJWs)", safe spaces and trigger warnings. Are these things okay or are they too authoritarian?

These things are all bad, but their spread is overstated.

How much diversity and inclusion should be required as opposed to encouraged (EDIT - equality of opportunity VS equality of outcome)?

Diversity and Inclusion are meaingless buzzwords, which I do not care about either way. Equality of opportunity is all that matters: those who care about equality of outcome declare themselves to be opponents of true freedom and block the continued growth of human innovation and success. People should be allowed to grow and succeed as far as they are naturally able to, and it is wrong to impose caps on them.

If (for example) gay latinos are allowed a safe space, is it only fair that straight caucasians are provided one too?

Yes. I furthermore believe all people should be proud of their heritage, and am proud both to be white and to be Jewish.

Should white people feel guilty about their privilege?

No.

Talk about immigration, both legal and illegal. Is too much immigration disruptive to our cultural values?

It depends on where that immigration comes from and the circumstances of their arrival. For instance, a Hispanic Catholic from Argentina likely has a good deal in common with traditional US culture, but a woman hating anti Semite from Syria does not.

Should permanent residency be on the table for anybody who lives here illegally?

No. All illegal residents of the United States should be deported, even if that means separating families.

What about DREAMers and children born here who's parents had come here illegally (which is currently legal)?

All illegal residents of the United States should be deported, including Dreamers.

What should the policies be on deportation and detention centers?

"Family separation" policies are good and ought to be continued in their application, just as we do to US citizens who commit crimes.

How negatively would America be affected by "open borders" soft laws and loose enforcement?
The biggest negative effect would be that of a cultural change to socialism and away from the traditional conservative American values of rugged individualism and personal freedoms. Proof of this can be shown in the support for Bernie Sanders among young Hispanics, as well as the backing of Democratic leadership, abortion on demand, and big government, by most illegal immigrants.

Should illegal immigrants receive medical care if we adopt single payer and they aren't paying in?

Never -- this would be wealth redistribution en masse, and a total betrayal of what our country stands for.

How do we "solve" illegal immigration long-term?

We ought to build the wall, invest billions in expanding mass deportations, work with the Mexican government to stop illegal immigration coming up from Central America, and expand the "invisible wall" of border security investment in drones and personnel.

Talk about America's role in the world and what it's goals should be. Should we be using the military to punish naughty governments?

Yes, but only if doing so benefits the national security interests of the US (ie, don't overthrow someone bad but harmless like the Saudis, but do overthrow someone like Erdogran or AMLO who works with the Russians/Chinese.

Should we leave the UN or work closer with them?

The UN is a hub of anti Americanism, anti Semitism, and Communism. It wastes our tax dollars for no conceivable benefit.  We should have left 50 years ago.

Is our relationship with Saudi Arabia appropriate with all the unethical things they do?

Yes, because Iran is an even greater threat.

Is America too friendly with Israel to the point that they aliemate Palestine?

The Palestinians are terrorists and murderers who have rejected every peace deal offered to them. It is long past time to cut the baby cord and back Israel to the hilt, as a formidable US ally and check on Russo-Iranio expansionism.

Is it possuble to be against Netanyahu's Israel occupying Palestinian land without being anti-semetic?

Yes, but it is very rare to actually hold both positions..

How do you feel about the BDS movement?

BDS is an organization of terroristic, anti-semitic, Iranian dupes, who ought to be closely monitored in their foreign activities by the CIA. We know they've worked with murderers and criminals before (ie the attempted 2008 blockade breach) and we should keep this well in mind in future dealings with them.

How do you feel about free trade agreements?

I am a massive supporter of free trade, which is a fundamental expression of our personal god given rights that reduces prices for consumers, expands markets for our producers, and allows our companies and persons to engage in mutually beneficial international trade, such as in the purchase of industrial technology.

Talk about climate change and the future. What level of urgency is needed and what type of plan?

Climate change is both overstated and a result of natural factors. "Urgency" is not required and it is a waste of time and resources for the government to issue bureaucratic plans for it.

Do you like the idea of a Green New Deal?

I do not like socialistic expansions of government, no.

Would the infrastructure part of the plan be a big boost the economy?

No, economic growth comes from supply side economic expansion to meet the economic forces of supply and demand, not artificial government construction which is both wasteful and inefficient, and that furthermore serves no actual economic purpose.

How do you feel about nuclear energy?

Nuclear energy is an excellent way of providing clean power, and it's expansion should be legalized and left up to the market.

Do you support carbon taxes and/or cap and trade systems?

No, these policies kill jobs and expand the government in search of a solution to a non issue.

Should we be willing to let the economy suffer to reduce emissions?

Of course not.

Talk about health care and what it means to you. Is it a luxury or a human right?

The only rights we possess are the "negative" rights we are given by God. You do not and never will have a right to another man's labor, so of course healthcare is not "a human right."

Do you believe in single payer?

No, irregardless of whether or not this refers to M4A or a Public Option, as either would require a massive expansion of both the size of government and the debt to pay for, as well as reducing consumer choice and resulting in subpar healthcare quality (hospitals go bankrupt/bureaucrats control your health).

Should hospitals be privatized or public facilities?

Obviously, we should not hand over our very lives to the most simultaneously incompetent and powerful group of people in human history.

Should dental and ocular health be covered under single payer?

No, because nothing should be.

Does having a private option (for basic care) work or ruin everything?

A public option would expand the size of government, bankrupt hospitals and insurers, kick people off their healthcare (not directly like M4A, but it's an obvious side effect), and raise taxes. Over my dead body should it pass.

Are "death panels" and long wait times a real issue or mostly right wing talking pointz?

I'm too young to remember the debate.

Do we need more government control over pharmaceutical costs?

Absolutely not, we need deregulation to allow more drugs onto the market.

Talk about worker's rights in America, including unions and minimum wage. Do unions in America need to focus on their members more instead of benefitting themselves?

Yes, as they exist now unions essentially act as a mafia of crooks and thieves using liberal politicians to rack in the dough.

Are you pro-union?

Hell no, workers ought to be allowed to negotiate for themselves.

What perks would unions offer instead if single payer is implimented?

None, just like they offer no real ones now.

How high should the minimum wage be?

There should not be a minimum wage, which kills jobs and throttles the economy by blocking access to entry level work.

Should all full time workers be able to afford shelter and food?

Obviously that's up to the amount of value they create and the job they perform.

Does a high minimum wage lead to businesses leaving a country and damaging the economy?

Yes, of course.

Talk about the role of the government in providing certain things for all of it's citizens. We have roads, police, fire departments and an army, but what else should be provided?

Realistically, some welfare for the truly disabled and children who cannot provide for themselves. In my dream world, nothing.

Is it moral and practical for the multi-millionaires to pay extra to ensure certain things for everyone else?

No, and it is fundamentally evil that we punish success in this country through higher taxes.

Will that ruin the economy as postulated in the theory of "trickle down economics"?

I don't believe in "trickle down economics" because it implies that we should prioritize one group over the other, but yes, high taxes do hurt the economy.

If taxes are raised on corporations, will they leave and damage the economy?

This is econ 101, yes.

Talk about who you think holds the power in America. Is it the legislators? The Illuminati or some secret government (jews, extraterrestrials, the ultra-rich)?  The corporations and the oligarchs?

America is an example of a hyper-pluralist political system. Our politicians are gutless fools always jumping between one group and another to win re-election, and it's all too rare to find a truly principled conservative. We need to wipe out the RINOs with a second Tea Party wave that returns the government of this country to the people.
Do politicians really represent their voters or do the donors and lobbyists call the shots in Washington and tell Pelosi and McConnell what they can and cannot do?

No one donor or lobbyist or person rules Washington: it is a mix of varying different interest groups, all slicing up and carving up their piece of the pie as the American people are forced to work overtime to pay for the high taxes it entails.

Is government corruption fixable without a massive overhaul of the law and the establishment?

It is the establishment that must be destroyed, not our constitutionally backed system of laws.

Talk about government control of our speech and bodies. Are you pro-choice or pro-life?

I am pro life, and believe in the death penalty for abortion.

Do you support assisted suicide?

No, because of it's potential for abuse by malicious actors.

How strongly do you support free speech and where do you draw the line?

Unless it is a national security risk, there should be little to no limits save for cases of libel.

What are your thoughts on making it illegal (discrimination) to use a trans person's wrong pronouns?

Lmao.

What are your thoughts on letting fascists speak at college campuses, providing they do not incite or promote violence?

Up to the college of course. Personally, if they're actually a fascist, I would probably peacefully protest if I could find the time.

Do you think the Social Justice Warrior and Cancel Culture movements are at times too authoritarian by advocating censorship, or do you agree with the censorship?

Of course, they are tyrannical and authoritarian.

Talk about your views on drug laws, gun laws, prostitution and the prison system.

All drugs should be legalized. All guns should be legalized. Prostitution should be legalized.

Should marijuana be decriminalized (or legalized)?

Legalized.

Should all drugs or most be legalized or decriminalized?

Yes.

Are non-violent drug sentences too harsh in America?

Yes.

Should a citizen be allosed to own a functional army tank

Yes.

or nuclear warhead?

No.

Do you think there is a serious problem with the private prison industry lobbying Washington to keep prisoners flowing in and providing profits?

No, privatization is more efficient and cuts costs.

Should a prison provide mostly punishment or mostly rehabilitation?

The purpose of prison is to punish.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2020, 07:50:02 PM »

Owning the libs.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2020, 02:31:09 PM »

Bill Barr but a sex symbol.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2020, 08:33:07 PM »

uhhh i just think the gov should stop doing stuff basically.

except they should use the military to liberate other countries so the ppl there can also live under a gov that doesn't do stuff.

i'm basically a Trotskyist except instead of socialism the worldwide revolution is for McDonalds and Walmart.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies