Emsworth's Resignation

(1/3) > >>

Emsworth:
Ladies and Gentlemen of the Forum,

It would seem that the general concept of elections has been endorsed by the majority, over the concept of elections and government. I presumed, perhaps incorrectly, that most here were interested in government due to the participation in the creation of a constitution. Now, however, it has become clear that members do not have, in general, such an interest.

I am not one who would find a constant stream of elections interesting. Hitherto I have been kept interested by the process of governance and the procedural intricacies, but, evidently, the same shall soon end. Therefore I am compelled to submit, effective noon tomorrow, my resignation from my posts as Leader of the Progressive Party and as a Senator. Furthermore, I shall cease my participation in the fantasy elections. I thank the Progressive Party for its hospitality and the Forum for its kindness.

JohnFKennedy:
Quote from: Emsworth on April 26, 2004, 03:36:57 PM

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Forum,

It would seem that the general concept of elections has been endorsed by the majority, over the concept of elections and government. I presumed, perhaps incorrectly, that most here were interested in government due to the participation in the creation of a constitution. Now, however, it has become clear that members do not have, in general, such an interest.

I am not one who would find a constant stream of elections interesting. Hitherto I have been kept interested by the process of governance and the procedural intricacies, but, evidently, the same shall soon end. Therefore I am compelled to submit, effective noon tomorrow, my resignation from my posts as Leader of the Progressive Party and as a Senator. Furthermore, I shall cease my participation in the fantasy elections. I thank the Progressive Party for its hospitality and the Forum for its kindness.

I had a feeling this was coming when I saw the name change and also the removal of your avatar.

??????????:
Well you all are sure dropping like flies.

Gustaf:
Well. I'm not sure what to say, other than that I'm sorry that you wouldn't want to participate in anything along the 'old' lines. Hope that you might at least still participate in the rest of the forum?

JohnFKennedy:
Sorry to see you go.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page