An upcoming ASOIAF game (Ideas & Suggestions)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:29:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  An upcoming ASOIAF game (Ideas & Suggestions)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Which option do you like more?
Fire and Blood (129 AL)
The Death of Kings (282 AL)
The Iron Throne (298 AL)
Other
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: An upcoming ASOIAF game (Ideas & Suggestions)  (Read 1794 times)
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2016, 04:04:45 PM »

I'd like option 2- the big problem imo with Ned seizing power is that Robb will always march south to save Ned (family, duty, honour and all)
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2016, 04:20:16 PM »
« Edited: November 28, 2016, 04:27:27 PM by Dereich »

I'd like option 2- the big problem imo with Ned seizing power is that Robb will always march south to save Ned (family, duty, honour and all)

You have a point, but Robb was always bound to march south once Tyrion was captured imo. That's what caused Tywin started raiding the Riverlands and Edmure was just too naive/nice/incompetent to handle that without Stark assistance. It might have meant something different if Robert lived and it didn't devolve into all-out war, but I think a Stark military presence was always going to be necessary.

I see positives in both ideas; for option 2 I like giving the city people something to do, but I worry that they'll go from primary players to completely irrelevant ones within a few turns. If you think you can make it work I say go for that one. Otherwise, option one starts broad and right when alliances start needing to be made, good timing. It'd also make the Stormlands relevant for the first time in any game, ever.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2016, 04:23:58 PM »

I suppot idea 1, but I'm biased because it was largely mine
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2016, 04:25:47 PM »

So, should we post another poll for options 1 or 2 or is there a third option people would like to push?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2016, 04:28:13 PM »

So, should we post another poll for options 1 or 2 or is there a third option people would like to push?
Well I think as you are the game moderator, this is your choice in the end!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2016, 09:04:20 PM »

Actually, you're right, xD

Hell, we'll be going with option 1. The game will not start for some time, but the Sign Up & Rules thread will be up tonight, so be prepared (and yes, Windjammer, you can have the Tyrells).
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2016, 09:50:57 PM »
« Edited: November 28, 2016, 10:00:52 PM by Malcolm X »

Hell, we'll be going with option 1. The game will not start for some time, but the Sign Up & Rules thread will be up tonight, so be prepared (and yes, Windjammer, you can have the Tyrells).

Wouldn't it make more sense that people would blame Renly for killing Joffrey since he never really had Ned's honorable reputation.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2016, 10:04:40 PM »

Wouldn't it make more sense that people would blame Renly for killing Joffrey since he never really had Ned's honorable reputation.

Perhaps, perhaps... not everyone will look at the events the same way, and I dare say a lot will depend on the players.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2016, 10:10:03 PM »

Already trying to lay favorable groundwork for your Ned Stark game? You're starting early.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2016, 10:15:54 PM »

Also, do not post on the sign-up thread until I'm done posting the material.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2016, 11:17:18 PM »

Perhaps we could do something after the White Walker invasion? Simulate that war, and human victory, and play as the characters after the war is ended.

*Snip*

*cough* I already did that in The Lion and the Rose and de-populated the entire North and most of the Riverlands before forcing a negotiated ending *cough*
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies