a thread for ranting about minor annoyances (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:26:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  a thread for ranting about minor annoyances (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: a thread for ranting about minor annoyances  (Read 5991 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: November 26, 2016, 08:41:12 AM »

F#cking yuppies.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2016, 09:52:48 AM »

Longer version: On Wednesday of this week, myself and a few of my people went over to a friend of our's house for her 21st birthday. She's in dental school now and the majority of people there were her classmates. Upon arriving, I realized I hated nearly every male there. Outside of my housemate, his friend, and the hostess' boyfriend (also a brother), every male there seemed to be the empty, hollow sort. They chanted lines form a Red Hot Chili Peppers song. They had lame jokes. They were stereotypical people born of a bland, upper-middle class existence and with little attachment to culture or the world around them but for maybe a TV show they'd once watched. Half of them wore flannel when you had the sense they'd never so much as set foot outdoor their entire lives; I was wearing flannel! I'd already begun to hate yuppies for what they were doing to fashion, what they were doing to my city, but now it's become personal. I can tell you this: I'm never going to the dentist again.

Thankfully, the people I'd come with decided to hang back with one of the hostess' housemates (we'd all arrived just as the majority of the party was leaving for downtown Royal Oak) and congregate for a few minutes, so at least some of the evening was enjoyable.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2016, 07:35:01 PM »

The quest for individuality is the source of most conformism, Sanchez. Well, that, and social signaling (they tend to work in tandem).
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 04:46:43 PM »
« Edited: March 21, 2017, 04:58:48 PM by Cathcon »

1. Parents sound so absolutely spineless when they smile and shrug and say "kids will just do it" in regards to juvenile deviance.
2. Why is my coworker whining about her ex to her mother? Oh snap- the ex is here!
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 12:13:15 PM »

It's amazing. I'm sure he'd embrace these deplorables if only they'd had the sense to vote for a proper neoliberal.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2017, 09:35:45 PM »

Video games- why?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies