a thread for ranting about minor annoyances (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:55:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  a thread for ranting about minor annoyances (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: a thread for ranting about minor annoyances  (Read 5975 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: June 30, 2020, 05:35:18 PM »
« edited: June 30, 2020, 05:39:14 PM by PQG and Libertarian Republican Pimp Slapped Coronavirus! »

Minor annoyance, people who don't use their turn signals. Is there a religion that forbids this or something?

More major, telemarketing scams. Yeah, I know. That's about as edgy as being anti child abuse. But they suck. The one area of non-criminal Defense work I actively do is suing a number of telemarketers, which seemed to be inordinately based in Southern Florida, for tcpa violations.

A little earlier I received a recorded Robo message. We've all probably heard it or heard of it before where some automated voice says they are from the Social Security Administration that there is a warrant out for your arrest you have a chance to resolve this by calling back this number otherwise the cops and the media will be involved - - their words. Also your Social Security benefits will be cut off if you do not contact their office at such-and-such number immediately. Out of morbid interest I actually called the number and an Indian or Pakistani woman picked up identifying herself as being from the Social Security Administration. Yeah, right. I actually played a long and claimed I was very frightened and upset by this warrant I hadn't done anything wrong gave her a fake name and a fake date of birth and then when she asked my Social Security, I think I said "Um, my number is.... where do you get off trying to she's scared old people out of their money you nasty little con artist!! How do you live with yourself!?!" I admittedly added several Choice four-letter words, because these people are literal criminals and are scum of the Earth.

I actually felt good enough about having done that, I called back the number several times and got several other telemarketers whom I did the same with, before totally unloading on them for being such Shameless and amoral Predators on the elderly. No, I'm sorry, these aren't just people who happen to work a sh**ty retail job and don't deserve the honor of someone demanding to see the manager. They're all identifying themselves as being from the Social Security Administration in trying to get people calling to work a sh**ty retail job and don't deserve the honor of someone demanding to see the manager ( I have nothing but Sympathy For Those poor Toys R Us employees whom Meczclaine Leafly allowed his kids to create a mess all over the store for them to clean up because he was dissatisfied with their service). These scammers all identifying themselves as being from the Social Security Administration from some call center in Mumbai and trained to get the social security number for people who are calling up about arrest warrants. The chances of these people at the phone not knowing it's a criminal scam is Slim to nil. F*** them!

With a burst of adrenaline and righteous Zeal, I hoped to interfere in their daily efforts to con poor old seniors scared by a robocall out of their life savings. I called back several times, and thereby hopefully kept them from answering other calls even for a few minutes. I even got a call back from a separate number from a another Indian woman identifying herself as an agent, yes agent, of the Social Security Administration. Same result. Called back a bunch of times before they just let it ruin to voicemail or quit answering, or would hang up immediately when I came up apparently on caller ID. If it's f*** with their pernicious and vicious little con game even for a few minutes, I feel good about it.

Upon quitting and coming back down, I realized with a quick Google search that my phone number does lead to my identity reasonably easily, so I hope they don't have a computer hacker as part of their crew. Tongue My administrative assistant at work had her computer catch a serious virus that sent out an email with a purported linked document as part of a phishing attempt to everyone in her contact book. Even after we took care of that we had to have our it contractor work on the thing all afternoon to get it back up. If they do have a hacker in their little gang, hopefully they aren't too terribly upset over me calling them sons of whores. and much worse. Grin
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 08:45:18 AM »

These may have already been mentioned, but:

1. People who walk on the wrong side of the pathway.

2. People who randomly stop in the middle of pathways.

3. Groups/Families that walk in the middle of pathways and leave no space for others overtaking.

Like far out it’s not that hard to show a little spacial awareness!

I'm not sure I've ever encountered anyone with such a pathway-related set of grievances. Tongue
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2020, 10:46:35 AM »

More major, telemarketing scams. Yeah, I know. That's about as edgy as being anti child abuse. But they suck. The one area of non-criminal Defense work I actively do is suing a number of telemarketers, which seemed to be inordinately based in Southern Florida, for tcpa violations.
you're doing the Lord's work.  I will go easier on you.

Thank you. I actually have one continuous client. A retired engineer who, while not a fanatic, is a quiet crusader against these companies. He does it as practically a part time job between filing a number of pro se claims, and then having me handle a lot of the mid-level stuff, plus working with a few big time litigators in Boston for a couple class action cases he's involved in.

Some of the clerks in our County are aware of him and assume hes a vexatious litigator because of the number of Suits he files. What they don't understand is not only does he understand the tcpa and related Ohio laws better than most attorneys, he wins most of his cases. It also doesn't hurt that so many of these companies treat the National Do Not Call Registry and other legal restrictions on telemarketing like toilet paper.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies