a thread for ranting about minor annoyances (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:33:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  a thread for ranting about minor annoyances (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: a thread for ranting about minor annoyances  (Read 5981 times)
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« on: November 26, 2016, 12:00:20 PM »

I actually get really angry at people who chew their food like they're ing camels and talk with their mouth full.  Drives me off the wall.

Misophonia FTW.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2016, 05:03:00 PM »

Situation: turning left at a green light with no arrow (i.e., you have to yield to oncoming traffic) and you are the second care in line.

When the POS in front of you sits comfortably at the line instead of getting out into the damn intersection so that you can make it through when the light turns yellow with them (and not be late, as is the case with me more often than not).  Am I a psycho Illinois driver at heart?  Sure.  But that is seriously so annoying, and it's not like moving up an extra five feet is reckless or out of your comfort zone or whatever else little bitch drivers use as excuses for why they drive like they're blind and scared ... it literally is just helping the person behind you out.

End rant.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 10:11:14 AM »

When people use the word "hung" to refer to someone who was executed with a noose rather than the correct "hanged."  Happens in movies ALL of the time.

Come on, people, pictures are hung and people are hanged!
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2017, 11:01:18 AM »

I am a firm disciple of what a man in the Carribean told me a long time ago when I was on vacation as a kid:

"Care-ih-BEE-in" refers to the actual sea/region.  It is used in the same context as America.

"Cuh-RIH-bee-in" refers to the fact that someone is from the region.  It is used in the same context as American.

Recently having returned from vacation there, my irrational annoyance with people pronouncing it the second way (after I have started the conversation off using the first pronunciation, effectively correcting me) is at a yearly high, haha.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies