a thread for ranting about minor annoyances
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:27:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  a thread for ranting about minor annoyances
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
Author Topic: a thread for ranting about minor annoyances  (Read 5900 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: July 01, 2020, 08:08:13 AM »

More major, telemarketing scams. Yeah, I know. That's about as edgy as being anti child abuse. But they suck. The one area of non-criminal Defense work I actively do is suing a number of telemarketers, which seemed to be inordinately based in Southern Florida, for tcpa violations.
you're doing the Lord's work.  I will go easier on you.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #126 on: July 01, 2020, 08:45:18 AM »

These may have already been mentioned, but:

1. People who walk on the wrong side of the pathway.

2. People who randomly stop in the middle of pathways.

3. Groups/Families that walk in the middle of pathways and leave no space for others overtaking.

Like far out it’s not that hard to show a little spacial awareness!

I'm not sure I've ever encountered anyone with such a pathway-related set of grievances. Tongue
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #127 on: July 01, 2020, 08:46:07 AM »

Alternatehistory.com probably thinks Julius Ceasar is “current politics.” https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/if-the-110th-congress-passed-an-assault-weapons-ban-would-bush-have-signed-it.491883/#post-20755126
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #128 on: July 01, 2020, 10:46:35 AM »

More major, telemarketing scams. Yeah, I know. That's about as edgy as being anti child abuse. But they suck. The one area of non-criminal Defense work I actively do is suing a number of telemarketers, which seemed to be inordinately based in Southern Florida, for tcpa violations.
you're doing the Lord's work.  I will go easier on you.

Thank you. I actually have one continuous client. A retired engineer who, while not a fanatic, is a quiet crusader against these companies. He does it as practically a part time job between filing a number of pro se claims, and then having me handle a lot of the mid-level stuff, plus working with a few big time litigators in Boston for a couple class action cases he's involved in.

Some of the clerks in our County are aware of him and assume hes a vexatious litigator because of the number of Suits he files. What they don't understand is not only does he understand the tcpa and related Ohio laws better than most attorneys, he wins most of his cases. It also doesn't hurt that so many of these companies treat the National Do Not Call Registry and other legal restrictions on telemarketing like toilet paper.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #129 on: July 01, 2020, 02:29:01 PM »

People who refuse to jaywalk. If I am walking someplace with you, I am not going to stop twenty seconds at every damn intersection just because you won't cross on red.

Also, people who get to airports more than 45-60 min before departure. Why waste your time like that?

Oh, and cars that have more than two bumper stickers on them. It just isn't tasteful.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #130 on: July 01, 2020, 05:07:00 PM »

These may have already been mentioned, but:

1. People who walk on the wrong side of the pathway.

2. People who randomly stop in the middle of pathways.

3. Groups/Families that walk in the middle of pathways and leave no space for others overtaking.

Like far out it’s not that hard to show a little spacial awareness!

I'm not sure I've ever encountered anyone with such a pathway-related set of grievances. Tongue

Maybe he's a member of the Shining Path?  Kiki
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #131 on: July 01, 2020, 05:12:08 PM »

People who refuse to jaywalk. If I am walking someplace with you, I am not going to stop twenty seconds at every damn intersection just because you won't cross on red.

What overly burdened by traffic lights city do you frequent? In my experience, there's typically a shortage of traffic signals, not an excess that impedes pedestrians.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #132 on: July 01, 2020, 05:40:37 PM »

What overly burdened by traffic lights city do you frequent? In my experience, there's typically a shortage of traffic signals, not an excess that impedes pedestrians.

Los Angeles. Almost every intersection in my neighborhood is signaled.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #133 on: July 01, 2020, 10:09:32 PM »

Los Angeles. Almost every intersection in my neighborhood is signaled.

Downtown Columbia is like that, but you need that there. My suburban neighborhood has not a single signal. If for some strange reason I wanted to walk to the closest shopping center, I'd pass by, but not need to use one traffic signal.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies