Which of the following have you done since reopening began?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:27:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Which of the following have you done since reopening began?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Vote for all of the activities that you have done since your area began to reopen?
Go to a friend's house or have a friend come to yours

Eat at an outdoor restaurant

Eat inside a restaurant (indoors)

Go to a place of worship

Go to work or school

Go on a vacation

Be at a gathering of more than 10 people

Go to a barbershop or salon

Play sports in a way that does not allow for social distancing

Go on a date

Be in a crowd of 100+

None of the above (Forumlurker's option)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 82

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Which of the following have you done since reopening began?  (Read 926 times)
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2020, 05:50:23 PM »

Just the first one.  I don't go into enclosed spaces that are somewhat crowded (even if the six foot and the wearing of masks prescribed protocols are adhered to) with people I don't know and trust absent compelling circumstances. My heart is still only half way functional, and I am on the cusp of having been on this mortal coil for three score and ten years, and thus I am in that unfortunate cohort where the virus could kill me, or even worse, per today's New York Times, leave me demented, with no means of self administering a lethal injection. Now that is the ultimate nightmare for me.

Just this morning I walked into a doctor's waiting room where every seat was taken, all arrayed at the absolutely minimum distance, and even with everyone wearing a mask, I barked out my name and who I was to see, and said I would wait in the hallway. They should I needed to check in first, and I barked out "no," this place could be a death trap for me! A few minutes later, a couple approached the door to the waiting room, and started to open it not wearing wearing masks, and I barked out at them, "you can't go in there without a mask, you might kill someone!" They started to enter anyway, and I snarled out at them again even more emphatically, and this time, with their hands shaking, they put on masks.

After my visit with the doc was completed (he was checking on my leg wound caused by the harvesting of veins and arteries to service my sick heart, and it got seriously infected, and he needed to operate on it before I lost it, and became an irascible Captain Hook, with one of my legs switched out for a steel spike),   the office manager called me into the office. She  told me that the couple I barked at had  left without seeing whomever because they felt uncomfortable that a crazy old man was on the loose in the subject venue. I told her the situation and that I had no regrets, and that couple was a health menace (and hopefully their traumatization would lead to a behavior change), and by the way, she needed to thin out the chairs in the waiting room, and get folks to sit in the hallway that was lined with chairs like I did, and she needed to do it immediately. I then walked out without checking out. So the tables were turned. Instead of me being chastised, she was.

But hey, my dog still loves me, even if an increasing horde of humans do not.

Good for you!

That's the type of thing that I have thought about doing, but likely would not have said to complete strangers.

My spouse has preexisting conditions which makes her more vulnerable, not to mention being within an age bracket which increases the chances of major serious medical complications from COVID... plus her job puts her daily in direct contact with extremely vulnerable clients...

This COVID-19 is no joke and it infuriates me when I see people doing things that are blatantly risky for everyone else around them, seaming like they have no care nor consideration in the world for the potential consequences of their behavior.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2020, 04:27:49 PM »

I don't do most of these even without the presence of a pandemic.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies