Melania not moving into White House
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:25:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Melania not moving into White House
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Melania not moving into White House  (Read 2637 times)
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 20, 2016, 07:55:25 PM »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/melania-trump-not-moving-into-white-house-in-january-reports-181652896.html

You must be logged in to read this quote.

It'll be interesting to have a First Family that doesn't actually live in the White House...
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2016, 08:05:19 PM »

Pussygrabber not living in the White House himself makes a lot of sense. It's increasingly obvious he won't be doing the job.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2016, 08:06:40 PM »

For some reason I can't see Trump all by himself at the White House surrounded by just staff and interns being a good thing. We all know what happened with Bill Clinton.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2016, 08:09:10 PM »

The security costs billed to taxpayers will be higher than usual, because it will be much costlier to guard people living outside of the official residents. It's already been pointed out how much of a nightmare it will be for the Secret Service to guard Trump Tower, not to mention the impact it will have on traffic and residents.

If anyone actually believed that Trump wanted anything more than a title...
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2016, 08:41:14 PM »

The White House simply doesn't meet The Donald's expert standards.  Sad.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2016, 08:56:08 PM »

I am not surprised. I have been posting about this very subject for quite a while now. Again, I am not surprised.

I have also been asking time and again about all the businesses he owns and the massive conflicts of interest they create. I have also been asking about all the foreign governments he has ties to and what is going to happen there that won't be a massive conflict of interest. I have also been saying that giving his businesses to his kids to run will STILL be a conflict of interest as they are in the family. Are we stoopid?

Nobody seemed to care about these things before, but they were staring us squarely in the face.

All I can say is, I didn't vote for him. He won't have time to govern because he'll be spending too much time dealing with all the massive negatives that he is bringing with him to wherever he is going to live and work as President.

What a joke.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2016, 10:46:22 PM »

The White House simply doesn't meet The Donald's expert standards.  Sad.

Probably not enough prostitutes. And too many "non-white" people.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2016, 10:47:49 PM »

Huge waste of taxpayer money to have to have Trump Tower being secured full time. Not to mention a selfish way to inconvenience the good people of New York City.
TDantuono
Rookie
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2016, 11:18:23 PM »

President in Name Only.
De Facto President Pence.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2016, 11:22:41 PM »

I mean, I can see her reasoning why and can respect it.

But it's a terrible waste of taxpayer money and incredibly inconvenient.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2016, 12:19:51 AM »

Trump should have thought about all this before throwing his "Make America Great Again" hat into the ring, but then....a deep, compassionate forward thinker he is not.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2016, 06:47:17 AM »

Poor old Donald.

All alone in that royal suite.

It looks like he has a few lonely nights headed his way.

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2016, 07:43:26 AM »

The Secret Service is going to love this... just as the New Yorkers.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2016, 07:52:05 AM »

Will trump be the first President to divorce in the white house?
user12345
wifikitten
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2016, 08:03:29 AM »

I mean, I can see her reasoning why and can respect it.

But it's a terrible waste of taxpayer money and incredibly inconvenient.
Trump should pay for this himself. We gave them a great place to live and if it's not enough for them, they can finance that themselves.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2016, 08:58:22 AM »

I love how you guys whine about security costs.  FDR spent so much time in Hyde Park and racked up so much cost to protect him and house staff that the feds actually bought the Vanderbilt Mansion in Hyde Park because it was cheaper than the rent costs.  His protective detail and staff lived there while they tended to him. 

True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2016, 09:05:17 AM »

At least in Hyde Park, FDR wasn't disrupting the lives of millions of people every day.  No matter who it is, a second White House in the middle of Manhattan is a logistical nightmare that only an egotistical maniac who enjoys getting even with people who didn't vote for him..  Nevermind.
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2016, 09:18:18 AM »

I love how you guys whine about security costs.  FDR spent so much time in Hyde Park and racked up so much cost to protect him and house staff that the feds actually bought the Vanderbilt Mansion in Hyde Park because it was cheaper than the rent costs.  His protective detail and staff lived there while they tended to him. 

Even beyond the issue of physical security, there is information, access, and communications security as well. I strongly doubt Trump Tower provides a level acceptable to transmit classified briefings between himself and Congress, or the Pentagon, or the NSA. Pence and the Secret Service will have to physically lock him down in the White House/Camp David or otherwise face massive continuing security and protocol breaches.

The more I think about it, Trump will stay in NYC precisely because it will facilitate access to his foreign handlers.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2016, 10:09:30 AM »

Even beyond the issue of physical security, there is information, access, and communications security as well. I strongly doubt Trump Tower provides a level acceptable to transmit classified briefings between himself and Congress, or the Pentagon, or the NSA. Pence and the Secret Service will have to physically lock him down in the White House/Camp David or otherwise face massive continuing security and protocol breaches.

The more I think about it, Trump will stay in NYC precisely because it will facilitate access to his foreign handlers.

A Manchurian President.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2016, 10:56:19 AM »

At least in Hyde Park, FDR wasn't disrupting the lives of millions of people every day.  No matter who it is, a second White House in the middle of Manhattan is a logistical nightmare that only an egotistical maniac who enjoys getting even with people who didn't vote for him..  Nevermind.

Sorry if I couldn't care less about Fifth Avenue being inconvenienced but at least four of the previous responses were addressing costs, which is what I was responding to.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2016, 11:13:44 AM »

Sorry if I couldn't care less about Fifth Avenue being inconvenienced but at least four of the previous responses were addressing costs, which is what I was responding to.

Do you have any idea how much Fifth Avenue being "inconvenienced" will cost? Idiocy.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2016, 11:42:23 AM »

Do you have any idea how much Fifth Avenue being "inconvenienced" will cost? Idiocy.

Fifth Avenue isn't closed and yes, I haven't disagreed the security costs are high, but as I pointed out, he's not the first to run up a high tab.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2016, 12:03:21 PM »

Is it even possible to defend such a tall building at the level needed for the protection of the President? Not even including the fact it's in the middle of Manhattan?

According to some retired Secret Service agents, very doable.  Mr. Heintze, formerly of the Secret Service opines on that directly.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/19/nyregion/fifth-avenue-in-front-of-trump-tower-will-stay-open-de-blasio-says.html?_r=0
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2016, 12:05:36 PM »

OH and for the last 8 years, Obama has had his Chicago home surrounded 24/365 by a CPD and Secret Service detail and he's stayed in it maybe less than a half dozen times in 8 years.  It's a ridiculous cost to protect these guys.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2016, 12:08:39 PM »

Good point, though it should be pointed out FDR didn't spend his time in the middle of Manhattan, on one of the busiest streets. And given Trump family lives at the very top floors, the Secret Service must be really, really annoyed.

Didn't know protecting Hyde Park was that expensive, though.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies