latest Betfair odds (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:12:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  latest Betfair odds (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: latest Betfair odds  (Read 58496 times)
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: July 17, 2017, 07:32:16 PM »

The betting markets are totally discredited. Both Bremain and Hillary traded at 85-90% literally minutes before the decisive votes started getting reported. These reflects the biases of their urban, center-left, sources of dumb money.

If Betfair had existed Since WW2, then it (or any other betting markets out there) would have had the guy who ended up winning the presidency favored in their market on election eve in every presidential election from 1952 to 2012.  Now, because the underdog wins one time, they're "discredited"?

From over half a year ago, but would the betting markets have won in 1960?
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2018, 06:42:10 PM »

Why is Pence so high lol, there's no chance he wins if Trump is impeached and no chance he runs if Trump isn't.

The chance that Trump just drops dead of a heart attack and Pence runs in 2020 as incumbent president without the tarnish of a removed President needs to be taken into account.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2020, 07:10:26 PM »

I do think Biden is underrated here at this point. PredictIt has him at 40 which looks better to me.

It's skewed because PredictIt's shares add up to 114 (I'm ignoring all of the 1 cent candidates and just adding up all the ones greater than 1 cent) while this site's actually add to 100.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2020, 02:27:14 PM »

I do think Biden is underrated here at this point. PredictIt has him at 40 which looks better to me.

Biden is not underrated.
Based on his debate performance, I'd say he is overrated.

Our current president bragged about the size of his penis in a primary debate and convincingly won his nomination. I think Joe Biden's going to be fine.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies