Israeli relations under Trump
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:36:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israeli relations under Trump
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Israeli relations under Trump  (Read 1822 times)
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2016, 06:51:17 AM »

Trump will nail this relationship down.

I think it will be solid as a rock once Israel explain what they are up against.

Without Israel, Trump is pretty blind in the Middle East to what is going on.

I hope he has strong ties.

I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2016, 02:27:03 AM »
« Edited: December 26, 2016, 02:34:08 AM by ERM64man »

Would prove the Israeli government doesn't give a sh**t about antisemitism against American Jews.
I find it interesting that you would come up with this reasoning. Aren't you someone who always argues that just because you're Jewish you do not necessarily have a connection with Israel? In that case, how can you possibly expect Israel to care about antisemitism against American Jews more than, say, Norway does?

IR 101: actors in international relations act in their own interest. Of course Netanyahu is not going to make a point out of Steve Bannon's appointment, and I can hardly blame him. What does he have to win by that?

You are absolutely right. Israel is the state of the Israeli people: not a Jewish state. If anything, it is hostile to most Jews outside it. There is no reason for Israel to care for us, nor is there any reason for us to care about Israel. This is absolutely normal. I just wish everybody would be more open about it.
Are you anti-Israel? That sounds "anti-Zionist".

I am not a Zionist. I am not anti-Israel per se: not any more than I am anti-Ghana or anti-Slovakia. After 70 years Israel has as much legitimacy as any other country on earth. But, as a Jew, I refuse to acknowledge their Jewishness.
I am not Jewish; I am a secular moderate conservative Zionist, more moderate than the less secular and more nationalist Likud party. I see it as the Jewish historic homeland, but I oppose making Israel officially a Jewish state. I support freezing settlement construction. Israel should be a secular democratic state for all its inhabitants.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies