Some good news for Dems: Will 2018 be a bloodbath for Republican governors?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 12:48:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Some good news for Dems: Will 2018 be a bloodbath for Republican governors?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: --
Yes

Depends

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 65

Author Topic: Some good news for Dems: Will 2018 be a bloodbath for Republican governors?  (Read 8638 times)
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2020, 02:49:51 PM »

There is absolutely no excuse for Democrats not being able to flip FL-GOV and OH-GOV in 2018.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2020, 04:20:14 PM »

There is absolutely no excuse for Democrats not being able to flip FL-GOV and OH-GOV in 2018.

Florida be Flawed. Duh!

And it was DeWine v. Cordray race in Ohio, which history already showed was a recipe for disaster.

Now,  NH and Iowa...those were winnable.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2020, 02:52:34 PM »

Florida be Flawed. Duh!

And it was DeWine v. Cordray race in Ohio, which history already showed was a recipe for disaster.

Now,  NH and Iowa...those were winnable.

Ohio has always been a pretty Republican state in non-Presidential elections with an exceptionally strong state Republican Party and an exceptionally weak Democratic one (aside from those in Franklin County and HamCo, which are really strong).  It is also a very, very Trumpy state.  Cordrey ran an extremely strong campaign, as did Steve Diettelbach (OH AG), Zach Space (Auditor), and Kathleen Clyde (SoS).  Cordray was the best candidate we could’ve possibly hoped for, but no Democrat not named “Sherrod Brown” is gonna win a major statewide office here while Trump is President.  Also, Cordray outperformed the entire Democratic ticket against DeWine in 2010.  That’s no small feat since Ohio was the epicenter of that year’s GOP wave.

Florida was a result of the Democratic primary voters making a “seemed like a good idea at the time” mistake by nominating Gillum.  At the time most people thought that Gillium was a stronger candidate than Gwen Graham and despite what our resident revisionist historians will tell you, people didn’t start saying it was a mistake to nominate him until after he lost to DeSantis in a major upset.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2020, 10:24:35 AM »

Florida was a result of the Democratic primary voters making a “seemed like a good idea at the time” mistake by nominating Gillum.  At the time most people thought that Gillium was a stronger candidate than Gwen Graham and despite what our resident revisionist historians will tell you, people didn’t start saying it was a mistake to nominate him until after he lost to DeSantis in a major upset.

Nominating the Sanders-endorsed candidate has rarely been a good idea.
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2020, 12:16:50 PM »

Yeah and even at the time I saw that coming.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2020, 12:17:11 PM »

Please cite
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2020, 12:18:33 PM »

Please cite

Look at my Atlas predictions map. I predicted DeSantis would win.

Tbh I thought Abrams would win in Georgia before Gillum would win in Florida.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2020, 12:20:54 PM »

Please cite

I dunno where your prediction map from the 2018 primary day is Tongue
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2020, 12:22:30 PM »

Please cite

I was talking about the GE. I always thought Gillum would lose to DeSantis once he got nominated.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2020, 11:51:44 PM »

Please cite

I was talking about the GE. I always thought Gillum would lose to DeSantis once he got nominated.

I meant prior to the primary.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2020, 01:05:26 AM »

Florida was a result of the Democratic primary voters making a “seemed like a good idea at the time” mistake by nominating Gillum.  At the time most people thought that Gillium was a stronger candidate than Gwen Graham and despite what our resident revisionist historians will tell you, people didn’t start saying it was a mistake to nominate him until after he lost to DeSantis in a major upset.

Please cite

Actually if I remember correctly, most people on this forum thought that Graham would be stronger prior to the primary. Once Gillum won the primary, however, people took his performance as a sign he’d be strong in the general and within a week Atlas was touting him as a strong candidate.
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2020, 10:57:38 AM »

Florida was a result of the Democratic primary voters making a “seemed like a good idea at the time” mistake by nominating Gillum.  At the time most people thought that Gillium was a stronger candidate than Gwen Graham and despite what our resident revisionist historians will tell you, people didn’t start saying it was a mistake to nominate him until after he lost to DeSantis in a major upset.

Please cite

Actually if I remember correctly, most people on this forum thought that Graham would be stronger prior to the primary. Once Gillum won the primary, however, people took his performance as a sign he’d be strong in the general and within a week Atlas was touting him as a strong candidate.

Exactly

I thought Graham would beat DeSantis but I never thought Gillum would.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies