At what point in the day do you think Hillary's team knew things were rough?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 09:19:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  At what point in the day do you think Hillary's team knew things were rough?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: At what point in the day do you think Hillary's team knew things were rough?  (Read 2376 times)
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2016, 07:09:20 PM »

Personally I started sh**tting my pants when I saw the early Virginia returns.  I imagine they knew at least by then or more likely before.

Don't know how many elections you've watched closely.  But eventually you'll watch enough of them to know exactly how Virginia counts....and you won't be fooled by VA early returns again.  There's no other state like it out there.  The Republican areas always report early and the Dem areas always report late.

No other state has such a strong and consistent tendency to give misleading early counting results.

Even given that NOVA comes in late, Trump's numbers in other parts of the state were phenomenal.  He was turning light red counties from 2012 into deep red counties.  The math from what would need to come in from the late returns started to look really sketchy.
RFayette 🇻🇦
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2016, 07:17:15 PM »

Honestly, Trump's extremely strong numbers in Indiana early on should have been a strong clue.  You don't overperform Romney by 10 points in Indiana and not expect similar figures in Ohio, Michigan, etc.
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2016, 07:27:08 PM »

Honestly, Trump's extremely strong numbers in Indiana early on should have been a strong clue.  You don't overperform Romney by 10 points in Indiana and not expect similar figures in Ohio, Michigan, etc.

I was thinking the same but thought it was because of Pence.  When I saw the same in KY then I knew Trump would at least be close.
EpicHistory
Rookie
United States

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2016, 09:59:49 PM »

She knew. She wasn't campaigning in Michigan and Pennsylvania at the end because she felt like it.

This.

It also blows the Comey claims out of the water, because a simple Google search she was campaigning extensively in Michigan back in early October for example (Also shows the debates weren't either as important as claimed, or Trump won them where it counted).
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2016, 03:27:30 AM »

Personally I started sh**tting my pants when I saw the early Virginia returns.  I imagine they knew at least by then or more likely before.

Don't know how many elections you've watched closely.  But eventually you'll watch enough of them to know exactly how Virginia counts....and you won't be fooled by VA early returns again.  There's no other state like it out there.  The Republican areas always report early and the Dem areas always report late.

No other state has such a strong and consistent tendency to give misleading early counting results.
In this election however the early returns in Virginia were even more Republican than usual. In Virginia itself this didn't due to the even greater swing towards the Democrats in their strongholds, but it was an early sign that Trump was doing better than expected.
Peeperkorn
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 0.65, S: -6.78

« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2016, 12:56:54 PM »

Just curious, since presumably their intense data operation would have been spitting out unfavourable metrics in real time.

I suspect they knew they were in trouble from internal polling soon after Comey intervened in the race. They couldn't know if they were going to pull it out or not until the returns started coming in.

I don't believe that the mails scandal had anything to do with the election results. She would have lost anyway.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies