Between Two Majorities | The Cordray Administration (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:48:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Between Two Majorities | The Cordray Administration (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Between Two Majorities | The Cordray Administration  (Read 213399 times)
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« on: December 26, 2017, 08:17:55 AM »

Every single realignment in American history has had a segment of the former majority shift to the new majority. That’s partly why it’s called a realignment. The idea that no former Federal republicans will vote for the new realigning Democratic majority is pretty silly.

Ah, but what if it's not the WWC that's the segment that shifts? Already, we're seeing upscale suburbanites trend from Republican to Democrat. Many had been staunchly R before, so they would count as part of the "former majority." Or perhaps upscale white Republicans don't shift but upscale Hispanic and Asian Republicans do (e.g. if the Republicans go full and explicitly Bannonite), ensuring that both groups go from 70-30 D to being as D as Blacks?

These are both alternative possibilities for the realignment, don't you think?

Romney-Clinton voters were primarily Swing voters and not ardent Republicans until Trump. 9 11 Romney-Clinton counties voted Obama in 2008.

FTFY

There were 17 Romney-Clinton counties in the Country.

11 of them voted for Obama in 2008.

6 of them voted for McCain in 2008.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 07:50:41 PM »

Does TD still post on here? I'd be curious to see what his thoughts are on Cordray losing and whether or not he has any thoughts on who could be an alternative.

Maybe Whitmer (though I doubt it )

Maybe Sherrod Brown? I think he had him pegged as more of an Al Smith-esque figure but he does fit the profile. Beto O'Rourke strikes me as another possibility despite losing.

He literally had Brown losing in 2020 in this timeline.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies