Between Two Majorities | The Cordray Administration (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:07:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Between Two Majorities | The Cordray Administration (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Between Two Majorities | The Cordray Administration  (Read 213567 times)
Burke Bro
omelott
Israel

« on: June 24, 2017, 05:07:20 PM »

Although I'm new, I've been keeping up with your TL for awhile. I really like what you've done. All the events seem incredibly plausible. Smiley
Burke Bro
omelott
Israel

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2019, 10:53:18 PM »

It scares me how well this timeline has gotten the big picture correct (Democrats gaining in the house but losing seats in the senate, the Democratic Party’s permanent shift to the left and embrace of a progressive candidate over a moderate (Warren vs. Biden?) in 2020, Trumps probable impeachment over something nobody saw coming). Obviously, some of the details are off, but that can only be expected from a timeline written a couple years ago.
Burke Bro
omelott
Israel

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2019, 02:20:02 PM »
« Edited: March 29, 2020, 04:56:39 PM by omelott »

^Also there is nobody like Jermey Corbyn in the Dem party . Bernie and Warren while left wing are no where near as left as Corbyn . Hell even AOC looks like a centrist compared to Corbyn .

- At this point I think the GOP should set up to groom DeSantis or Hogan for the Presidency in 2024 while secretly throwing Trump/Pence under a bus to save their party from utter disasters in 2022 and 2024.

- If Dems get in with more than 55 senate seats , the filibuster will be abolished and the Dems will pass single payer and many other leftist policies will pass and history has shown time and time again that once government programs are created they are almost impossible to remove . I mean even from
 1980-2008 which was dominated by conservatives for much of that period they barely were able to roll back any parts of the great society .

- So if Trump loses in 2020 I think even if Dems take the senate their majorities will be too small for them to pass the far left agenda and the GOP can rebuild from a stronger place . DeSantis I feel can take the party into a new era as he has done a lot for the environment and moderate the party on issues like healthcare

This sounds to me like wishful thinking. I agree that if Democrats win in 2020, the New Democratic president will have a hard time pushing for a progressive agenda, even with a Democratic Senate. But that doesn't mean you should dismiss them as failures. Assuming a recession ensues sometime in the next 2 years, the new Democratic President could take a cue from Roosevelt and use a strong recovery to their advantage, allowing them to make gains in both the House and Senate in the 2022 midterms. Assuming they don't run for re-election due to old age (Warren would be 75 and Sanders would be 83), they would effectively set the stage for their Vice President to win in 2024 and fulfill the role of realigning president.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies