|           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 15, 2020, 12:14:43 am
News:
If you are having trouble logging in due to invalid user name / pass:

Consider resetting your account password, as you may have forgotten it over time if using a password manager.

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderators: Kalwejt, Apocrypha)
  Between Two Majorities | The Cordray Administration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 [41]
Author Topic: Between Two Majorities | The Cordray Administration  (Read 132986 times)
Senator tack50 (Lab-Lincoln)
tack50
Atlas Politician
Concerned Citizen
Spain

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1000 on: June 17, 2020, 04:55:50 am »

At this point I wonder whether this TL or the Reagente TL is more likely to become a reality. I do not think either will become a reality starting in 2020 though, since Biden is a bad fit for Cordray and since well, Trump won and not Clinton.

Reagente's does have a decent chance at happening if Biden wins and the GOP wins the Senate though, turning President Biden into a 4 year lame duck that loses reelection to Carlson in 2024 or something.

For this one to happen, Sanders or Warren should have been the Dem nominee.

(yes I know neither will actually happen but it's still fun to speculate whether the future will be on the darkest timeline or the dankest timeline)
brucejoel99
Concerned Citizen
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

P

« Reply #1001 on: June 17, 2020, 05:23:41 pm »

Not sure if this is THE crisis, but it could go either way? I'm not sure. I was wrong on impeachment but this is something that's fast moving and exposes the weak GOP coalition. We'll see in a month.

Are you sure now?

@The_Doctor: all of this has to have been it, right?

except Biden is not a left wing populist like Cordray

I meant the crisis, but Idk, he's been co-opting some Bernie/Warren policies recently. Let's see what happens if/when he gets to the White House.
alancia
Argentina

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: 3.22

P
« Reply #1002 on: June 18, 2020, 12:53:16 am »

At this point I wonder whether this TL or the Reagente TL is more likely to become a reality. I do not think either will become a reality starting in 2020 though, since Biden is a bad fit for Cordray and since well, Trump won and not Clinton.

Reagente's does have a decent chance at happening if Biden wins and the GOP wins the Senate though, turning President Biden into a 4 year lame duck that loses reelection to Carlson in 2024 or something.

For this one to happen, Sanders or Warren should have been the Dem nominee.

(yes I know neither will actually happen but it's still fun to speculate whether the future will be on the darkest timeline or the dankest timeline)

Knowing this mortal coil, probably the darkest timeline.
Lurker '06
cb48026

« Reply #1003 on: July 29, 2020, 03:04:29 pm »

Does TD even still post here? I'd be curious to see his thoughts on how the pandemic, recession, and Trump's and the GOP's handling of relate to this timeline.

I mean there are some significant parallels between this timeline and real world events.
Old School Republican
Computer89
Atlas Politician
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -0.10

P P P

« Reply #1004 on: July 29, 2020, 03:21:57 pm »

Does TD even still post here? I'd be curious to see his thoughts on how the pandemic, recession, and Trump's and the GOP's handling of relate to this timeline.

I mean there are some significant parallels between this timeline and real world events.

The difference is the Dems nominated Cuomo instead of Cordray so the swing to the left wont be as much
Lurker '06
cb48026

« Reply #1005 on: August 01, 2020, 02:06:01 pm »

I'm not sure I would agree. It seems inevitable to me that the Democrats will move to the left once the old guard steps down.  Even an establishement candidate like Biden has coopted a lot of progressive proposals.
Virginia Yellow Dog
Frodo
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1006 on: August 06, 2020, 12:37:33 am »

He may be waiting until early next year to see how things play out. 
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 [41]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies