Between Two Majorities | The Cordray Administration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:09:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Between Two Majorities | The Cordray Administration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 ... 41
Author Topic: Between Two Majorities | The Cordray Administration  (Read 213930 times)
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -7.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #750 on: September 21, 2017, 08:48:57 PM »

How easy would it be to do Puerto Rico? In a Dem alignment I could see it becoming a state.

Also, why is the Appalachian region of Ohio that much more Republican than the Appalachian region in Kentucky and Tennessee?
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #751 on: September 21, 2017, 08:51:39 PM »

3 states left

edit: 4 states, including the pineapple man's dungeon

I'm almost tempted to say that West Virginia is returning to its traditional Democratic allegiance when I look at eastern Kentucky and Tennessee, but then I see eastern Ohio, western Virginia and Pennsylvania...
The Govanah Jake
Jake Jewvinivisk

Political Matrix
E: -2.39, S: -5.30

« Reply #752 on: September 21, 2017, 08:52:18 PM »

How easy would it be to do Puerto Rico? In a Dem alignment I could see it becoming a state.

Also, why is the Appalachian region of Ohio that much more Republican than the Appalachian region in Kentucky and Tennessee?

A municipal map of post realignment Puerto Rico would be very interesting.
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #753 on: September 21, 2017, 08:55:50 PM »

I could try, but that would be a week in the future at the earliest. I would also need to look for data and a decent blank map
Kyle Rittenhouse is a Political Prisoner
Jalawest2

« Reply #754 on: September 21, 2017, 09:37:45 PM »

I could try, but that would be a week in the future at the earliest. I would also need to look for data and a decent blank map
Puerto Rico would be beyond Titanium D here. It'd be the poorest state by a decent margin, and unlike WV, AR, or MS, it's overwhelmingly non-white. I'd say it probably have a D+20-25 PVI, and sweeping every municipality would be a given.
https://imgur.com/B40on0E.gif
A few wealthy suburban counties are only likely D, which makes them the most republican places on the island.
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #755 on: September 22, 2017, 05:25:28 PM »

Post your analysis plz
PoliticalShelter
« Reply #756 on: September 22, 2017, 05:46:39 PM »

What state is has the highest democratic PVI? Looks like it's Mississippi based on your map.
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #757 on: September 22, 2017, 05:58:42 PM »

What state is has the highest democratic PVI? Looks like it's Mississippi based on your map.
PoliticalShelter
« Reply #758 on: September 22, 2017, 06:20:43 PM »

What would be the closest swing states in this alignment?

Also I'm surprised that Maine still seems to be very democratic. I know that it's one of the poorer Northeastern states, but I would imagine that a more secular culturally northern GOP would do somewhat better.

I mean Gerald Ford did manage to win a majority of the counties in Maine in a close election that he lost (granted he was up against Carter, who was a terrible fit for Maine, but still).
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #759 on: September 22, 2017, 10:20:21 PM »

Question: Why is the Appalachian region of WV and KY so much more Dem than in Ohio and Pennsylvania? If Ohio's Appalachian region were as Dem as WV, it would be a solidly D state and we'd finally get a GOP candidate win without Ohio. (two of the other 3 states the GOP has never won without, Arizona and Alaska, both look solidly D though)

We're also going to get a reverse of the current Dem meme of "the poorest states vote GOP against their own best interests." Now it's Republicans saying "the poorest areas vote Dem even though Dems are in control and haven't fixed their situation." Unless they did, and these Dem counties are areas that were most helped by policies of a liberal President.

Florida looks like it will always be swingy... or maybe it's the new NC? idk but despite its large hispanic population it didnt join the other Southern or Sunbelt states in their transition.
ltomlinson31
Canada

« Reply #760 on: September 25, 2017, 04:56:22 PM »
« Edited: September 25, 2017, 07:44:57 PM by ltomlinson31 »

The large parts of America left behind by today's economy

Not surprisingly, this map correlates very well with that county map made by Eggman, with the more comfortable and prosperous communities in the North (such as in Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Connecticut and NJ) shifting more towards the technocratic GOP and distressed areas in the Appalachian areas and the South shifting towards the Cordray Democratic Party after an economic based realignment.
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #761 on: September 27, 2017, 03:46:39 PM »

The large parts of America left behind by today's economy

Not surprisingly, this map correlates very well with that county map made by Eggman, with the more comfortable and prosperous communities in the North (such as in Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Connecticut and NJ) shifting more towards the technocratic GOP and distressed areas in the Appalachian areas and the South shifting towards the Cordray Democratic Party after an economic based realignment.

Damn, i didnt even intend to create a map that correlated so strongly to that...
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #762 on: September 28, 2017, 06:00:11 PM »

Because the Crisis in this TL is based on debt, this is relevant:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/9/28/16378854/mark-walker-deficit

It basically confirms TD's analysis that the GOP doesn't care about debt when in power
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #763 on: September 28, 2017, 07:13:50 PM »

The Cordray Dems only have a 2/3s Senate majority (and the ability to change the constitution) for two years, and the 2030 midterms actually affect things by giving the GOP the ability to filibuster again.

I would have to believe at this point, the filibuster rules would be altered to make obstruction harder to continue and thus used more sparingly. If Democrats believe they will be in power for a decent amount of time, they will probably feel less constrained in changing the rules. However I suppose what happens with that depends on how hard the GOP fights the new order.

Who's going to be in that base? Groups that might have been receptive to the GOP in the past but are recently turned off by Trump and the evangelical base are a good place to start. Hence, Cuban-Americans as a GOP group.

That's a good point, but to be fair, younger Cubans were never receptive to Republicans to begin with (afaik). In this sense, I feel like the members of this demo the GOP could peal off wouldn't be much different than other Hispanics/minorities - wealthier, more upscale voters of this bloc.

This I am very bullish about. Making DC and Puerto Rico a state would have heavy partisan appeal, as it would add 4 more Democratic Senators (assuming PR is reliable in that regard), and it would solve a moral problem, in that Americans lacking proper representation would finally get it. At the very least, DC should be an easy pitch to party leadership. No doubt DC leaders will do that once a major shakeup in Congress occurs. I think the larger the majority is at the time, the more likely it will be, as it will be easier to put together the votes. After all, it would be no different than admitting a state for both of them. Just a bare majority required (aside from cloture). Four new reliably Democratic Senators would be a big deal.

I also wonder about enlarging the House. The population size of each district is only getting bigger, and the House was never really meant to be like this, so I feel like that could have a shot. I imagine it would depend on an analysis of who stands to benefit in the short-term.
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #764 on: September 29, 2017, 05:31:58 PM »

Hopefully next weekend ill be able to start revising the map. Post criticisms and make your case. I have my eye on a few places already, but i want your input.
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #765 on: September 29, 2017, 11:25:09 PM »

I want to talk about the DC suburbs. Yeah they're wealthy which would mean more Republican support despite their diversity, but they're heavily dependent on nonmilitary public sector work. Since so many people there work for the government, wouldn't any party that calls for a smaller government be anathema to the region?
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #766 on: September 30, 2017, 03:41:45 AM »

I've finally got around to reading this, and it's amazing!
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #767 on: October 09, 2017, 06:04:06 PM »

Anyone know what happened to TD?
Gone to Carolina
SaltGiver
Rookie
United States

« Reply #768 on: October 10, 2017, 09:29:32 AM »

I think he's avoiding Atlas for some reason or another. He's on pretty active in the discord.
Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -5.91

« Reply #769 on: October 10, 2017, 09:35:40 AM »

I think he's avoiding Atlas for some reason or another. He's on pretty active in the discord.
There's an Atlas discord?
The Govanah Jake
Jake Jewvinivisk

Political Matrix

« Reply #770 on: October 10, 2017, 09:38:14 AM »

There's an Atlas discord?

Yea
https://discordapp.com/invite/CSkybsh
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #771 on: October 11, 2017, 03:27:35 PM »

Sorry for being MIA, guys. I had some personal business to work out requiring me to take a sabbatical from Atlas to handle them. Then life kind of happened and I have to deal with full time school, plus a full time job, and a new place and assorted various things. So yeah, I haven't had the time to devote to this as I did in the past.

Maybe next year, I might do more stuff here but right now, I don't really have that much time. I am on Discord, where I annoy Technocratic Timmy unduly and the walrus. I am really proud of what they've done regarding the work in BTM, especially walrus. You guys have done a fantastic job building on BTM.

And yes, I know North Korea has been in the news with increased speculation about a military strike. Yes, I know the timeline predicts Trump to order a military strike on North Korea tomorrow. I'm painfully aware.

I appreciate the overall concern though.

Ayyy
The Govanah Jake
Jake Jewvinivisk

Political Matrix

« Reply #772 on: October 11, 2017, 03:38:24 PM »

Sorry for being MIA, guys. I had some personal business to work out requiring me to take a sabbatical from Atlas to handle them. Then life kind of happened and I have to deal with full time school, plus a full time job, and a new place and assorted various things. So yeah, I haven't had the time to devote to this as I did in the past.

Maybe next year, I might do more stuff here but right now, I don't really have that much time. I am on Discord, where I annoy Technocratic Timmy unduly and the walrus. I am really proud of what they've done regarding the work in BTM, especially walrus. You guys have done a fantastic job building on BTM.

And yes, I know North Korea has been in the news with increased speculation about a military strike. Yes, I know the timeline predicts Trump to order a military strike on North Korea tomorrow. I'm painfully aware.

I appreciate the overall concern though.

Ayyy

The God has returned to us.
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #773 on: October 11, 2017, 07:16:47 PM »

Trump strikes at North Korea Regime; Disables Nuke Program

(October 2017) -- (Washington, D.C.) -- President Donald Trump struck at the North Korean regime in a surprise attack at dawn (Pyonyang time) and disabled the nuclear program that the regime had built. After months of warning and negotiations between the United States and China, the Americans had decided to unilaterally disarm Kim Jong-Un’s nuclear capabilities.

Just in time TD

Do you mean October 2017?
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #774 on: October 11, 2017, 11:06:56 PM »

Trump strikes at North Korea Regime; Disables Nuke Program

(October 2017) -- (Washington, D.C.) -- President Donald Trump struck at the North Korean regime in a surprise attack at dawn (Pyonyang time) and disabled the nuclear program that the regime had built. After months of warning and negotiations between the United States and China, the Americans had decided to unilaterally disarm Kim Jong-Un’s nuclear capabilities.

Just in time TD

Even if we haven't attacked North Korea yet, the fact that TD predicted US-NK tensions being extremely severe during OCTOBER 2017 sent chills down my spine.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 ... 41  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies