How do you feel right now ?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 20, 2024, 10:02:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  How do you feel right now ?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Poll
Question: How do you feel with the imminent win for trump ?
I knew it & sad
I knew it & happy
Shocked & sad
Shocked & happy
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: How do you feel right now ?  (Read 3632 times)
Rand
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2016, 04:17:26 AM »

I'm surprisingly okay with it. I rather be optimistic about his ability to govern and have some faith that he will be the moderate he truly is--not the extremist he pretended to be--than be pessimistic, sad, or angry at my country or its flag.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2016, 04:23:59 AM »

I'm upset that I'm not more upset about this. I am somehow smiling right now. Maybe it's the drinks.

But at least Clintons are gone for good Smiley

Democrats has now all possibility to free themselves from corrupted Democratic elit. Too bad, that Sanders will be too old. 2020 would be fun.

Who knows, probably Mischele will be the first female President of USA Wink
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2016, 04:27:25 AM »

Like I need off this forum. I want off this party, this forum, this whole interest in politics, at least until good sense reasserts itself.

Also this. There's just no decency and no order to things. It doesn't make sense. The whole thing reminds me that our institutions are not infallible things that help us "rise above" our own... materiality. In fact, they maybe amplify it. Because in the end, we're just f-cking animals. Equality, justice, rationality, fairness... they don't exist.

I really don't know where I go from here and where, like, the world goes from here. I feel empty.

I know the feeling, except I know where I'm going - you're already there. BC is my destination - I've got family on Vancouver Island. I can go visit them if things get bad, but what I really want/need is a work visa.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2016, 04:30:32 AM »

Very bullish on 2018, think Trumo JA will be in 20-30s may finally be able to make serious gains in house.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2016, 04:32:59 AM »

Like I need off this forum. I want off this party, this forum, this whole interest in politics, at least until good sense reasserts itself.

Also this. There's just no decency and no order to things. It doesn't make sense. The whole thing reminds me that our institutions are not infallible things that help us "rise above" our own... materiality. In fact, they maybe amplify it. Because in the end, we're just f-cking animals. Equality, justice, rationality, fairness... they don't exist.

I really don't know where I go from here and where, like, the world goes from here. I feel empty.

I know the feeling, except I know where I'm going - you're already there. BC is my destination - I've got family on Vancouver Island. I can go visit them if things get bad, but what I really want/need is a work visa.

Come say hello if you're ever in Vancouver. We can talk about literally anything other than this election. Tongue
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2016, 07:05:00 AM »

Our lecturer (who's an Israeli-American) spend the entire hour telling us that we need to study, and understand this, and that it's most likely the biggest event in US history since Watergate. It's nothing new- there's always been this strand in American society.

I feel physically sick; this isn't like Romney or Bush winning.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2016, 07:24:09 AM »

Perhaps, now, you understand how folks who have lived in small towns, played by "the rules", and tried to live their lives as they believe God would have them felt when their jobs were uprooted by NAFTA. 

Perhaps this election  shows that there IS rationality, justice, equality, and fairness, only this time, it's someone else's turn for a dose.

We'll see what Trump does.  I voted for him, and I'm happy he won, although I wouldn't be in sackcloth and ashes if he lost.  But the folks who voted for Trump have legitimate grievances, and their grievances have been marginalized by those in power, and THEY have been marginalized, called "deplorable", and been, individually and collectively, insulted at every turn by folks who have contempt for the virtues that these folks do possess.  Perhaps you'll see these people as no less human than the folks that seem to garner everyone's sympathy on these pages, and no less virtuous, for that matter.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2016, 07:27:58 AM »

Early in the night I felt elated. Was sure that Clinton was winning Florida. Then when it dawned on me that all the early leads were due to early voting and every new data set favoured Trump I got the worst feeling in my body I have arguably ever felt. It was like my entire life came crashing down. As it became clear that Trump was the next president I felt a level of despair that no priviledged white guy in northern Europe should ever realistically feel. I am a high school teacher and I could not even handle the idea of ever facing my students again. I teach political science, but how can I teach them that subject in a world that can elect a fascist? I was seriously on the verge of a nervous breakdown.

However, I AM a DEEPLY priviledged white guy living in one of the most prosperous countries in the world with a loving family and no real economic concerns. What pulled me up was reminding myself of that. I am not entitled to a breakdown. I am not an African suffering from hunger. I am not a homeless Eastern European. I am not a poor black man living in a ghetto being forced to sell crack to put bread on the table.

As a teacher I also have an obligation to the next generation. They are not the ones who voted Trump. They are the future and they need proper role models.

That made me feel a bit better and admittedly I was somewhat consoled by Trump's speech. It wasn't hateful. It was conciliatory. He could have spouted his usual nonsense, but he didn't. I don't have any confidence in Trump and I deeply fear the rising nationalist movement in Europe and the US, which brought him to power. But we have to stay strong and combat it. A plurality actually voted for Clinton. A lot of the people who voted for Trump are probably useful idiots and not raving lunatics.

Oh yeah, and I have done self-therapy though almost non-stop stream-of-consciousness writing on the internet for the last many many hours. My facebook page is an embarrassing mess of random thoughts right now.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2016, 07:15:46 PM »

I teach political science, but how can I teach them that subject in a world that can elect a fascist? I was seriously on the verge of a nervous breakdown.

Trump is an isolationist and a populist nationalist. But Donald is not a fascist.

Fascism is opposed to democracy and Trump is not opposed to the democratic process. In fact, he successfully employed it to gain the Presidency.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2016, 07:32:56 PM »

Happy.

The people have spoken.

Democracy took its' course.

Get over it.
Cashew
United States

« Reply #60 on: November 09, 2016, 07:41:14 PM »

Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #61 on: November 09, 2016, 07:59:55 PM »

Still shocked. I was convinced Hillary would win until Wisconsin was called. I'm not happy Trump won but I do feel a fair amount of relief for the Supreme Court and the federal bureaucracy. Also thrilled Feingold lost and 4 more states legalized recreation pot and I wont have a pedophile mayor.
Senator Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #62 on: November 09, 2016, 08:01:16 PM »

I knew it and happy.
Adam the Gr8
AM33
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.55, S: 0.70

« Reply #63 on: November 09, 2016, 08:09:17 PM »

Shocked. Pretty happy with the result, thought I still wish it were Jeb or Kasich or Rubio. The Congressional results are stunning. Really glad to see Ron Johnson beat Russ Feingold. And I'm really relived about the Supreme Court.
Catholics vs. Convicts
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #64 on: November 09, 2016, 08:15:40 PM »

Devastated. If something happened and trump never took office and Pence became Pres., I'd be fine. But this man becoming President is a disgrace and a slap in the face to what this country should stand for.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #65 on: November 09, 2016, 08:20:11 PM »

I'm pretty shocked. I didn't think he could pull it off.

I knew we were screwed either way, but I think we will be okay after a while. We've survived plenty of bad Presidents.

I am excited for how well marijuana did this cycle.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #66 on: November 09, 2016, 08:25:16 PM »

Our lecturer (who's an Israeli-American) spend the entire hour telling us that we need to study, and understand this, and that it's most likely the biggest event in US history since Watergate. It's nothing new- there's always been this strand in American society.

Understatement. More like the Kennedy assassination.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #67 on: November 09, 2016, 08:25:36 PM »

Absolutely horrified.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #68 on: November 09, 2016, 08:28:55 PM »

disbelief but since i shielded my heart since days for this outcome, no tears.

the republicans are now in absolute control and will own every kind of result.

no excuse, not blame-shifting, not whining about democrats.

pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #69 on: November 09, 2016, 08:29:52 PM »

Nearly suicidal. I may never get my life together. 
world.execute(me)
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #70 on: November 09, 2016, 08:31:20 PM »

I feel numb and unpleasant. The worst thing is that I did literally nothing to help Clinton. Why didn't I volunteer?

I don't want to do that again. I want to fight trump/pence tooth and nail. I should have gotten involved a long time ago.
world.execute(me)
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #71 on: November 09, 2016, 08:32:01 PM »

Nearly suicidal. I may never get my life together. 

It's going to be okay. We can make it through the next 4 years.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #72 on: November 09, 2016, 08:32:35 PM »

So So happy! Ignore my mock election vote, I proudly supported Donald Trump to stop Secretary Clinton and Make America Great Agin!
TC 25
Rookie
« Reply #73 on: November 09, 2016, 08:37:20 PM »

Exuberant.  Simply exuberant.

What a great day to be an American.
kyc0705

« Reply #74 on: November 09, 2016, 08:38:34 PM »

disbelief but since i shielded my heart since days for this outcome, no tears.

the republicans are now in absolute control and will own every kind of result.

no excuse, not blame-shifting, not whining about democrats.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies