Full 1960-2012 election coverage on this link if you rather watch that election
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:42:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Full 1960-2012 election coverage on this link if you rather watch that election
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Full 1960-2012 election coverage on this link if you rather watch that election  (Read 15661 times)
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2023, 12:49:01 AM »

To add to this goodness, I'm watching the 1980 NBC coverage (including the scowling David Brinkley) and in addition to the election results, the commercials are really interesting as well.

I don't know that it's all that different now, but there were certainly indications of the 'corporate era' that Reagan ushered in (however much was really different from before Reagan I also don't know.) At the Dixon Illinois celebration for President Reagan (Reagan was born there) there is a banner that reads 'Radio Shack.' I don't know if Radio Shack sponsored that celebration or what.

For those not aware of David Brinkley, he was a 'hard hitting' and serious journalist who hosted a television show with Chet Brinkley called the Huntley Brinkley report. David Brinkley also delivered editorials on the news.

The Canadian sketch comedy show SCTV parodied David Brinkley (with Rick Moranis doing a dead on impersonation.) If you aren't familiar with David Brinkley just think of him as a 'serious newsman.'

Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2023, 05:42:32 PM »

This is the from the 1972 NBC Presidential broadcast with, I'm pretty sure Garrick Utley on the Delaware Senate race.

This is around the 1:42 minute mark

"And Delaware, a small state, not that many people paid attention to the Senate race in Delaware between Republican Caleb Boggs, the incumbent, and James Biden, his Democratic challenger....with 11% of the precincts counted the Democrat, James Biden, is leading. That could be a real upset."
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2023, 06:12:01 PM »

The coverage of the 2004 election, which was the first cycle I’ve been following in my life
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2023, 06:24:31 PM »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dJtWaNoyLcs

I would also watch the 1984 election coverage as I’m proud it’s my home state of Michigan that brought President Ronald Reagan at the top)
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies