What time will Donald Trump concede?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 08:27:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  What time will Donald Trump concede?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: What time will Donald Trump concede?  (Read 2562 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2016, 01:36:20 AM »

It's possible he could surprise us. Remember his Iowa concession? Not gonna hold my breath though, obviously.
TarHeelDem
United States

« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2016, 01:38:15 AM »

I'm not expecting a concession so much as a call for revolution.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2016, 01:56:32 AM »

I don't know that he's quite that irresponsible (though it is not out of the question, given his 2012 post-election Twitter meltdown), I'm thinking he's just going to go on and on denouncing a "corrupt system" without ever making any direct call to action. Though who knows what happens if he really starts feeding off the energy of an angry crowd.
Milton Friedman
Rookie
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2016, 02:21:39 AM »

Question which I'm not seeing many answer. How can the current administration handle this and how can Hillary? If only for purposes of national security and our reputation in the world. How do we handle have a democratic saboteur?
BigVic
Australia

« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2016, 05:32:25 AM »

Around Midnight. Romney conceded at 1ET after Fox News' meltdown with the Ohio result in 2012
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2016, 07:34:47 AM »

He'll come out at 1:00 AM and make some kind of statement. It'll be more in tone like a victory speech, with only a few very nasty lines being aimed towards the soon to be disgraced ex-President, and it will be a bittersweet end to the most important political movement in 50 years's first chapter.

Not surprised you think Trump's campaign of racism/sexism/xenophobia is more important than the civil rights movement.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2016, 08:43:33 AM »

Shortly after the last of his ground forces surrender after he is surrounded in the mountains of what was once southern West Virginia.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2016, 08:47:30 AM »

I don't think he would benefit of it. So why do it?

But some of his supporters could start riots anyway Roll Eyes
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2016, 09:41:18 AM »

I don't think he appears on television at all tomorrow night (barring plane difficulties that get him stuck in NH or something).

He stays holed up in Trump Tower overnight while Bannon and Conway fight over whether to destroy the Republic or not.  Unfortunately, I think my money is on Bannon in that fight, unless the kids step in.

Possibility of a gun-to-his-head prepared statement (like his post-Access Hollywood "apology") at 2AM if Conway wins, or some leaked vitriolic text in the early morning followed by a defiant appearance the next afternoon if Bannon wins.

If Bannon wins, unsure when he'd actually concede.  Good possibilities include Friday, January, or never.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2016, 10:18:33 AM »

Around 11pm he will give a speech (Sorry, I just had to that sarcastic):

“The dishonest media has reported that Crooked Hillary won. But not all votes have been counted yet and there are several states where it is very close. In some, we’re actually leading. So, honestly, if you want to know the truth, we consider lawsuits for a recount. In many states. We’re going to sue big league. Yes, we will have a great lawsuit. And unbelievable lawsuit. So that all the votes are correctly counted. You know, crooked Hillary and her team sent some folks out to the polling places to rig the election or hinder our supporters to cast their ballot. We know it, they know it, everybody knows it. But the dishonest and corrupt mainstream media is not reporting that. You see these people over there, I hate them. Had they reported accurately, we wouldn’t be in this mess. Instead they reported about a single Trump-supporter who was upset about waiting lines in Florida. Some really bad dudes the Clinton campaign sent out to rig, many illegals; but once Trump is in the White House, they will be gone. And be gone fast. Really fast. And not come back, because we will have a great great wall. That Mexico will pay for, by the way. Believe me. So,… I am not conceding this election. I won’t allow the criminal enterprise of the Clintons to take over our government. And neither will the people of this country. It’s not going to happen. Not gonna happen, not gonna happen. Thank you”.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2016, 11:27:40 AM »

I don't see the Donald conceding. I don't see either making 270.
Iosif

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.65

« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2016, 11:32:13 AM »

December 3rd. He'll say he won really because he didn't want to be president and his business is better than ever. He'll also boast about winning Iowa - something Romney could never do!
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2016, 11:33:33 AM »

He'll come out at 1:00 AM and make some kind of statement. It'll be more in tone like a victory speech, with only a few very nasty lines being aimed towards the soon to be disgraced ex-President, and it will be a bittersweet end to the most important political movement in 50 years's first chapter.
Damn they strengthened the kool-aid quite a bit.
alomas
Rookie
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2016, 11:38:55 AM »

I am not making a prediction right now, just consider a hypothetical scenario. It might not happen but there it is a good chance it will end this way. Trump carries Arizona, Iowa, Ohio and barely gets NC but loses narrowly in Florida and by less than 2-3 points in one of D-leaning states, for example PA or MI.

1) Will he make a speech at all?
2) If so, will he concede the election to Clinton and congratulate her? Or will he announce filing lawsuits in FL and PA to contest the outcome?
3) Will his die-hard supporters accept the outcome or is it going to be a complete chaos in America?

Smiley
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2016, 11:49:22 AM »

1) yes; 2) the latter; 3) the latter. and i suspect this would also be the case in a non-close election
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2016, 12:07:40 PM »

Most important moment? LOL. Republicans keep the house easily and keep the Senate rather easily. Trump loses, we all forget about the clown and move on with our lives.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies