OH - Columbus Dispatch: Clinton +1 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:59:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  OH - Columbus Dispatch: Clinton +1 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: OH - Columbus Dispatch: Clinton +1  (Read 12488 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« on: November 06, 2016, 11:42:36 AM »

The Columbus Dispatch poll has a good reputation people. Doesn't mean it's always going to be right but...

I guess that as weird and old world its method may seem, well, it isn't as though those of conventional pollsters are particularly well suited to 2016 is it?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2016, 12:00:21 PM »

If Quinnipiac is rated an 'A' then whatever the rating system is it is trash. I mean they aren't bad for a uni pollster... in their own state... but...
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2016, 12:16:54 PM »

If Quinnipiac is rated an 'A' then whatever the rating system is it is trash. I mean they aren't bad for a uni pollster... in their own state... but...

Yes.  I think his ratings rely too much on methodology (which is obviously important... and Quinnipiac is live caller and calls cell phones, etc. so it makes sense that it would be rated higher than average) and not enough on actual accuracy (which is much more important).

It's hilarious: the man built his name on an injection of empiricism into public discourse about polling, only to retreat into a mannered and theory-driven safe space!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies