OH - Columbus Dispatch: Clinton +1 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:35:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  OH - Columbus Dispatch: Clinton +1 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: OH - Columbus Dispatch: Clinton +1  (Read 12519 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« on: November 06, 2016, 02:01:22 PM »

The CD poll was pretty good so far, except in 2000 when they predicted Bush to beat Gore by 10 and he won by only 3.

Because of the last second DUI story, obviously. Most polls in 2000 were way off due to that. Dubya probably would've won in a landslide if it never happened.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2016, 02:06:33 PM »

One interesting thing about the demographics break down of the poll is that its about 88% white while the state's voting age population is closer to 83%. Not saying the real world demographics are going to represent election day, but if the actual results reflect this poll, then there's still room for dems to grow in Ohio by increasing minority turnout next election.

As for Portman vs Stricklan, the short of the long is, Portman went on air early with very misleading ads claiming his opponent destroyed the Ohio economy (which isn't true, as he was governor during the 08 economic collapse, not his fault) which has really set the race early.

Every race has a deluge of negative ads. Toomey and the Republicans have run tons against McGinty as well. I don't get why it had such an effect in Ohio but basically none in other races, since they more or less cancel each other out. For whatever reason it seems like Dems have a very low floor in Ohio that isn't present in other states.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2016, 07:07:59 PM »

So why is the "populist" Strickland doing 22 points worse than the far right neoliberal shill warmongering Wall Street banker bitch? I mean, his opponent is a mild mannered gay marriage supporting Bush budget director and former US trade representative. Pretty much the antithesis of a "populist." I thought "populism" was the key to Democratic success! I thought "populism" was popular! This can't be, Atlas told me these irrefutable facts! This state should be a Trump/Strickland landslide!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies