Confirmation Hearings

(1/15) > >>

Emsworth:
We, the Senate, will conduct minimal confirmation hearings in order to make sure that we are not treated as a rubber stamp. Once six of the maximum of ten (actually eight) Senators have been sworn in, we may begin our proceedings.

The Rules require, "The time for debate on motions to approve a nominee shall be five days, and the time for voting shall be two days." However, they also provide, "Any rule may be dispensed with by the unanimous consent of the Senate." Given the extenuating circumstances, I shall assume that every Senator consents to abandoning the minimum time for debate rule here. Let this also set a precedent, the Rules are not to be strictly enforced unless a Senator so demands.

Meanwhile, Senators may submit questions to the nominees.

Emsworth:
Nominees, please each submit a personal statement if you so desire. You need not campaign for your position, but if you have anything to say, please say it.

KEmperor:
Time is short, so I'll keep this to a minimum.  I ask the honorable Senators here at the forum to confirm me as a Justice of the Supreme Court.  I pledge to serve fairly and honestly in the best interests of the forum and in accordance with the Constitution.

I also hope that these confirmations can be completed quickly so that the disputes in districts 4 and 5 may be resolved.

The Dowager Mod:
i would like to ask the nominee if he has already made up his mind in regards to the district 4 situation?

MAS117:
Quote from: Supreme Court Nominee KEmperor on April 25, 2004, 08:03:11 PM

Time is short, so I'll keep this to a minimum.  I ask the honorable Senators here at the forum to confirm me as a Justice of the Supreme Court.  I pledge to serve fairly and honestly in the best interests of the forum and in accordance with the Constitution.

I also hope that these confirmations can be completed quickly so that the disputes in districts 4 and 5 may be resolved.

I ditto everything that K said.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page