If Trump wins, will his supporters be the most insufferable sore winners ever?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 07:46:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  If Trump wins, will his supporters be the most insufferable sore winners ever?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: If Trump wins, will his supporters be the most insufferable sore winners ever?  (Read 2941 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 01, 2016, 02:31:03 PM »

God, it would be unbearable.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 02:31:50 PM »

As is true the rest of the time, everyone's gonna be insufferable regardless.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 02:33:19 PM »
« Edited: November 01, 2016, 02:43:14 PM by Arch »

I'd be more worried about the safety of the country and our military in general, the standing of the US being permanently damaged, and the constitution being violated time and time again.

At the personal level, I would be terrified of the prospect of using billions of dollars from our budget to fund a useless wall, persecution of all non-White racial minorities and ethnicities, and an emboldened movement of racists and bigots with their mouthpiece at the head of the state.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 02:40:56 PM »

In an election like this, I think we all have a tendency to get really annoyed at the other side.  I know that if Hillary wins and the Democrats take the Senate, I will be steering clear of this site for a few weeks because I don't want to read all of the gloating and overreaction about how the Republicans are dead.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2016, 02:45:42 PM »

normal supporters are non-important but...trump has amassed sooo many insufferable high-profile surrogates who even lack his rogue's charme.....i hate those people somehow even more than himself...he is a sociopath, they are just mercenaries...
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2016, 02:49:05 PM »

We will see a massive influx of Stormfront posters in the wake of Trump's election -consider yourselves warned...   Tongue
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2016, 02:49:48 PM »

Trump supporters are like the jock bullies in high school and the main crowd who fed their popularity.  If Trump wins, it means the bullies and popular kids are emboldened in their bullying, and the geeks, nerds, artistic types, and general freaks like me will be shoved into lockers.

But this is the way the world works.  The jocks usually win the popularity contests.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2016, 02:56:23 PM »

We will see a massive influx of Stormfront posters in the wake of Trump's election -consider yourselves warned...   Tongue

I literally lol'd. I am changing my handle to (((Angry_Weasel))) if he wins.
Southern Delegate matthew27
matthew27
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -1.22

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2016, 02:57:06 PM »

He might be going to prison within his first year for either screwing over trump university students or his rape case....

This is a man that should never be allowed near power...But, hell, you're ok with it.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2016, 03:23:07 PM »

I fear for the safety of minorities, and the population generally.  Nobody is really safe when the racist troglodytes come out of the woodwork.  Expect hate crimes to become the norm once again.  The economy will crash, and our closest allies will begin debating whether to sever their alliances.  It will be a profoundly negative time for all - even the careless people who voted for it.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2016, 03:26:33 PM »
« Edited: November 01, 2016, 03:28:47 PM by Spicy Purrito »

People made fun of me when I was saying that the TEA Party was a latter-day analog for the 1920s Klan (mainly because of their slice of the electorate and thier level of power)  but Trump's America definitely feels like 1920s America minus Prohibition.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2016, 04:10:26 PM »

That would be the least of our troubles if Trump wins. We would also have to deal with Trump presidency - something infinitely worse than any amount of gloating by our deplorable friends.
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2016, 04:17:00 PM »

That would be the least of our troubles if Trump wins. We would also have to deal with Trump presidency - something infinitely worse than any amount of gloating by our deplorable friends.

The thing I fear is that every loathsome thing Trump says or does will be met with cheering and raucous applause by these deplorables.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2016, 05:54:08 PM »

I would be terrified of the prospect of using billions of dollars from our budget to fund a useless wall.

I found out on Google who is paying for the wall.

Trump: Who is paying for the wall?

Crowd: Mexico

Trump: Who is paying for the wall?

Crowd: Mexico

Trump: Wont that be tremendous?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2016, 05:55:21 PM »

Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2016, 06:04:01 PM »

Probably. It's not like the nasty tone taken by the opposition has given them any reason to be empathetic or courteous.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2016, 06:07:55 PM »

I wasn't around here for 2012 (and mainly came around in 2008 to use the forum to vent about the direction the GOP went in, and thus didn't stick around for the election)--was there this much delusional panic/gloating by both sides over every single poll?
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2016, 06:18:21 PM »

The answer to any question with the words "will Trump's supporters be insufferable" is yes.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2016, 08:36:19 PM »

We will see America splinter as Yugoslavia did. Just watch the 2018 gubernatorial elections in which Republicans will be hard-pressed to maintain some unpopular Governors. . Watch secessionist movements appear in states that do not now have them.  Just because people speak the same language (Serbian and Croatian are practically the same language) does not mean that people can;t turn against each other. The Union and Confederate sides understood well what each other said. So did the Reds and Whites in Russia.

Donald Trump will be a disaster as President, having no idea of what to do. About half of America will have good ideas on how to make America  good again. The military and law enforcement will refuse to do brutal acts. We will start seeing liberal parallels to right-wing militia groups.

If you thought that Barack Obama was polarizing for what he is, then just wait until we have a President who polarizes America for what he does. Weak leaders become tyrants when reality fails to fit their desires. A Lincoln, a Churchill, or an FDR finds shared needs in people who might have cause to oppose him.  Morally-weak leaders turn to nasty methods to shut out those who disagree even on seemingly-minor points
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2016, 08:44:17 PM »

Probably. It's not like the nasty tone taken by the opposition has given them any reason to be empathetic or courteous.

the tone and total shutdown of morality through trump surrogates in the last 2 months is a new low point for after-atwater-campaigns.

HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2016, 10:19:17 PM »

On the chance that he does win I'd feel bad for the public/media figures who are already being harassed by Trump's Neo-Nazi/Alt right online militia. It's going to go into overdrive.

Trump supporters have zero right to get indigant about "nasty tone" while keeping a straight face. Trump is the nastiest demagogue this side of George Wallace. 
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2016, 10:31:22 PM »

well, trump is only the first step.

ask the alt-right "National Policy Institute":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hZvTpT7r0A
dirks

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2016, 12:12:27 AM »

No, tough to be an insufferable sore winner when you have to actually go to work the next morning
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2016, 12:13:50 AM »

Yes. Dems could become more insufferable if they start blaming Sanders and progressives for the loss.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2016, 12:20:23 AM »

Yes. Dems could become more insufferable if they start blaming Sanders and progressives for the loss.

would be more realistic to blame unionized blue-collar dems voting for union death.....if wisconsin/OH or other midwestern states should fall.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies