Emergency swearing in of Senators necessary

(1/5) > >>

Nym90:
As President, I have decided that given the contentious disputes surrounding the District 4 and District 5 Senate elections, that it is in the best interest of the Atlas Forum for the members of the Senate to be sworn in immediately so that they may take up the matter of confirming Supreme Court Justices so that the Atlas Forum will not be left in limbo regarding these two Senate seats.

Fmr. Gov. NickG:
Thank you!

StevenNick:
I support Nym's decision.  We need to let the supreme court decide which candidates in the contested districts will be sworn in and/or when and the special election(s) will take place.  I ask the senators-elect to quickly confirm the nominated justices and I look forward to presenting my case before the Supreme Court.

The Duke:
How can we swear in Senators?  Will M be sworn in, or Harry?  Will it be StevenNick, or Lewis?  We won't know until there is a Supreme Court.  We won't have a Supreme Court until there is a senate.  But we won't know the compostion of the Senate until we have a Supreme Court.  But we...may have a catch 22 of sorts.

I think the executive branch will have to step in.  There are the only branch of government we have that is intact.

Emsworth:
Quote from: John D. Ford on April 25, 2004, 07:08:59 PM

How can we swear in Senators?  Will M be sworn in, or Harry?  Will it be StevenNick, or Lewis?  We won't know until there is a Supreme Court.  We won't have a Supreme Court until there is a senate.  But we won't know the compostion of the Senate until we have a Supreme Court.  But we...may have a catch 22 of sorts.

A majority of Senators must be sworn in for it to be properly constituted. Disputed Senators will not take the oath.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page