The White House
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:29:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The White House
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: The White House  (Read 5906 times)
Siege40

Political Matrix
E: -6.25, S: -4.26

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2005, 03:37:33 PM »

I would like to welcome the new Senate and wish them the best of luck in the new session, and I look forward to working with the members of the Senate.

12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2005, 01:22:32 AM »

Mr. President, please, you must take a more active role in dealing with the government.  Esspecially the New Orleans crisis.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2005, 01:52:51 AM »

Mr. President, please, you must take a more active role in dealing with the government.  Esspecially the New Orleans crisis.

He should wait for Sam to take over as GM, so we know exactly what the situation is.  Until the GM says it happenned, it didn't happen.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2005, 02:06:42 AM »

To all interested parties involved:

Sam Spade will resign effective 1:00 AM EST Monday September 5, 2005 from the Southeast Region Senate seat and will simultaneously take over the GM spot at that time.

The first GM article, as well as transitional material is already being worked on and will be completed by that time. 

I intend on making a smooth transition and catching everyone up on affairs to date, as well as dealing with new issues that will arise.

Regular printings (and I intend to print thoroughly and regularly) of various international, national, business, Senate and Regional affairs will occur twice a week (probably Sunday and Wednesday), as well as wire reports, TV programs, interviews etc. at various times.

You can expect some humor as well.  Some of it may be funny, some of it might not.  I can't promise anything there.
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2005, 02:55:57 PM »

He should wait for Sam to take over as GM, so we know exactly what the situation is.  Until the GM says it happenned, it didn't happen.

Exactly. My hands are tied. I haven't seen the Southeast Governor making any grand declarations.

We're in a differnet world essentially, the economy was in a down turn, so that may mean less people got out alright, or since we better funded relief programs and Army Corps of Engineers, maybe there wasn't.

This is a natural disaster, FEMA has been sent in along with the military, and aid is on its way. I don't want to go touring the area, because I think flying around in a helicopter over the decimated French Quarter isn't the best response.

Once we're given the disaster, as in the GM announces it, we can begin to address it. If it is the will of the people to act without the GM then yes, I encourage the immediate passing of a relief bill, and following that a comprehensive bill to rebuild the Gulf Coast.

Siege
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2005, 03:07:17 PM »

There isn't a Southeastern Governor.
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2005, 03:12:12 PM »

Well, this just adds further complications to the mix.

Well, I suppose then it would be necessary to do the following.

One, we shall nationalize the Southeast National Guard.

Two, using militia and regular units secure areas of concern.

Three, after securing the area, using Navy, Army, and Goast Guard helicopters, trucks, and buses (some civilian) evacuate the city of New Orleans, and aid others in getting out of the Gulf Coast regions affected.

Four, Immediately dispatch the Army Corps of Engineers, following the armed forces to provide emergency power, repair levees and drain the city.

Siege

King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2005, 03:39:32 PM »

The Lt. Governor Q can make an emergency declaration since there is no Governor, can't he?
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2005, 03:54:43 PM »

The Lt. Governor Q can make an emergency declaration since there is no Governor, can't he?
I'm not familiar with Southeastern law, but I believe that Bono is still Governor. (At least, his username still includes "Governor.")
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2005, 12:01:24 AM »

The hurricane Katrina struck the Gulf Coast in Atlasia on today, Sunday September 4, 2005.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2005, 12:47:20 AM »

Cry

Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2005, 09:25:24 AM »

Good morning ladies and gentlemen, yesterday hurricane Katrina visited terrible destruction on our Gulf Coast in perhaps the worse disaster, natural or man-made in our country's history.

In response to this disaster, I have declared the states of Alabama, Louisana and Mississippi within the Southeast Region disaster areas. Given the uncertainty of the Governorship of the Southeast, I have taken the decision to federalize the Southeastern National Guard.

At this time, approximately 56000 Guardsmen, women and regular soldiers are making their way to the devastated coast.

Following them are the Coast Guards, and Airforces helicopters and convoys, to provide emergency evacuation of the survivors, supplies to those at the Superdome and Convention centre and evacuation.

The plan at the moment is to bring in supplies through the convoys, and bring people out once empty. Busses are being gather from across the country. Private donations of busses from companies such as Grayhound are much appreciated. School busses are being rounded up to aid in the evacuation.

Also entering the city is the Army Engineering Corps, they will be principally focused in New Orleans, but will also be around the coast to clear roads and do repairs. In New Orleans they will repair levees and the river guards, restablish power, and drain the great southern city on the Bayou.

I also ask the Senate to do the following, provide immediate funding for the relief effort, and secondarily provide legislation for a plan so that this may never happen again.

Our hearts and prayers go to our brothers and sisters on the Gulf Coast, help is on the way. Thank you.
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2005, 09:44:36 AM »

Executive Order to Secretary of Forum Affairs

It is the desire of this office that you do not delete the registration of any citizen at the request of certain parties at this time.

Siege40
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2005, 10:47:01 AM »

I'm not familiar with Southeastern law, but I believe that Bono is still Governor. (At least, his username still includes "Governor.")

No, his term ends when the old election results were certified.
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix
E: 2.26, S: -4.88

« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2005, 12:33:15 PM »
« Edited: September 05, 2005, 12:34:52 PM by Q »

No, his term ends when the old election results were certified.

I have not considered myself as Acting Governor.  The laws are unclear, and thus I do not wish to overstep the boundaries of my elected office by assuming any additional responsibilities beyond those of Lieutenant Governor.

I believe any declaration of emergency should come from the most recently-elected Governor.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2005, 04:19:15 PM »

Executive Order to Secretary of Forum Affairs

It is the desire of this office that you do not delete the registration of any citizen at the request of certain parties at this time.

Siege40

Does this work retroactively?
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2005, 02:25:59 PM »

I would like to announce at this time that the strategic reserve will be partially opened for the benefit of the people of Atlasia in the face of increasing oil and gas prices. I would like to encourage the business community to begin to the construction of additional refineries, or expand existing capacity to ease the pains the economy has been suffering due to oil bottlenecks.

Siege
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2005, 02:50:10 PM »
« Edited: September 08, 2005, 02:51:41 PM by AG Pope Praefectus Californicus I »

I would like to announce at this time that the strategic reserve will be partially opened for the benefit of the people of Atlasia in the face of increasing oil and gas prices. I would like to encourage the business community to begin to the construction of additional refineries, or expand existing capacity to ease the pains the economy has been suffering due to oil bottlenecks.

Siege

Did we ever rebuild the SPR that was destroyed under President Gustaf?

There was an ongoing investigation when I left office but I don't really recall what happened after that.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2005, 04:02:19 PM »
« Edited: September 08, 2005, 04:04:16 PM by Sam Spade (GM) »

Siege

Did we ever rebuild the SPR that was destroyed under President Gustaf?

There was an ongoing investigation when I left office but I don't really recall what happened after that.

I wasn't around then.  I have sort of read through Niles' articles and didn't see this, but really haven't looked through them too thoroughly yet.  (I will later)

If someone will fill me in with pertinent details, please do.

I'm going to just assume that some has been put back in there since this incident occurred, say add 10 million barrels on top of what was used after the incident last year.

If Siege or Sec. Supersoulty would give a figure of what's to be released, that would also be helpful.
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2005, 09:52:57 AM »

10 million barrels has been released.

Also, on Monday, I'm going to be touring the devastated Gulf Region from Alabama to Louisiana, the delay was not because of inaction, but because I didn't want to interfere with initial rescue operations. I'll be going in with minimal security as to reduce my impact.

Siege
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2005, 01:29:07 PM »

The September State of the Forum address will be given shortly.

Siege
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2005, 03:37:58 PM »

Mr President,

Do you plan to fill the Attorney Generalship before the end of your term?

The reason I ask is that there are actual duties commensorate with this office, i.e. maintainance of the legislative statutes, which are presently somewhat lacking, with the Wiki still missing nearly 20 pieces of legislation.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2005, 03:40:06 PM »

Same with Secretary of Defense. And pick someone who will be active this time.
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2005, 04:35:23 PM »

Yes, I intend to fill the spots, the problem is with election season looming and the end of my term swiftly approaching candidates are quite unwilling to make themselves available.

Siege
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2005, 12:08:33 PM »

It is my honour to have secured former Northeast Governor MAS to be my nominee for the Secretary of Defence. At this time, the search for an Attorney General is continuing.

Siege
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies