dfwlibertylover v. SoFE (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:32:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  dfwlibertylover v. SoFE (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: dfwlibertylover v. SoFE  (Read 891 times)
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« on: November 01, 2016, 03:02:02 PM »

It is my intent to file an amicus brief before the court on this case.
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 05:10:56 PM »

Amucis Curiae Brief of Clyde1998
Interest
Clyde1998 is the Game Moderator and a member of the Labor Party; formerly serving as the Registrar General. He voted for the Blair2015/Kingpoleon ticket in the October 2016 Presidential Election.

Request
Clyde1998 requests that the Supreme Court upholds the decision to invalidate the ballots of Bmotely and Cassius on the grounds that they had missed six months worth of Federal elections and should have been deregistered from the voter rolls.

Argument
Your honours,

The case of whether the two ballots that were rejected by the Secretary of Federal Elections rests on two important issues: whether the two voters in question should have been removed from the electoral register following their non-participation in the general election.

Within the Federal Elections Act, Section 14.4 states:
You must be logged in to read this quote.

The voters in question had missed the previous three federal elections and should have been deregistered following the conclusion of the general election. Registrar General Peebs removed the voters after being informed of this by Bacon King during the run-off.

As such, I request that the court upholds the decision to invalidate these votes.
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2016, 05:12:06 PM »

The Court agrees with the Secretary of Federal Elections. Section 11 of 2016-012, the Federal Elections Law, clearly indicates that valid votes must come from registered voters. As registration and deregistration of voters is not part of the Secretary's authority, we can find no justification in the law for requiring that the Secretary count votes from voters that the Registrar General had deregistered. We invite the Plaintiff to refile with appropriate parties should he wish to challenge any specific deregistration.

Case dismissed for failure to state a claim upon which relief can be granted.
I have just noticed this statement from the court, as I finished posting my Amucis Brief.

I thank the court for their time and their decision.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies