AK-Craciun Research: Clinton +4 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:04:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  AK-Craciun Research: Clinton +4 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AK-Craciun Research: Clinton +4  (Read 5929 times)
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« on: October 30, 2016, 04:23:25 AM »

Polling out of Alaska is notoriously bad ...

I know I said this before, but I think a lot of bad polling in Alaska has had to do with long-time incumbents outperforming the polls (namely Ted Stevens and Don Young). I'm not sure the polling has been that beyond that.

Democrats have done fairly well in Alaska within the past 10 years. Mark Begich was elected in 2008, defeating an institution of Alaska politics (Ted Stevens). If took a wave in 2014 to take him out, and only barely then. Democrats once reached parity in the Alaska Senate and got very close in the Alaska House. And if you recall, before her national prominence, Sarah Palin was quite popular on both sides (before she fully joined the Fox News types). I remembering seeing Sarah Palin on the news once or twice shortly after her election and I thought she was a pretty compelling figure at the time (this was way before McCain chose her as his running mate). If it wasn't for her, Democrats probably would have won the Governorship in 2006 and Obama could have possibly even won the state in 2008.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies