FBI Reviewing Clinton emails news: LATEST - Emails from Weiner investigation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:22:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  FBI Reviewing Clinton emails news: LATEST - Emails from Weiner investigation
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65
Author Topic: FBI Reviewing Clinton emails news: LATEST - Emails from Weiner investigation  (Read 85935 times)
dspNY
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1500 on: October 31, 2016, 03:59:35 PM »

I highly doubt Comey would do what he did unless they found something that may alter the course of the investigation. It just doesn't make sense otherwise, unless it was a maneuver to cover himself in case he's hailed back in front of congress for saying they had closed the investigation when in fact they have not.

I don't think he would do this just to influence the election. There are obviously a lot of rumors out there, but if any of them are true, it's horrible news for HRC.

Without a search warrant for Abedin's emails, it would be illegal to search them
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1501 on: October 31, 2016, 04:00:52 PM »

I highly doubt Comey would do what he did unless they found something that may alter the course of the investigation. It just doesn't make sense otherwise, unless it was a maneuver to cover himself in case he's hailed back in front of congress for saying they had closed the investigation when in fact they have not.

I don't think he would do this just to influence the election. There are obviously a lot of rumors out there, but if any of them are true, it's horrible news for HRC.

Without a search warrant for Abedin's emails, it would be illegal to search them

Unless she or Weiner willingly handed them over, which is what some rumors are suggesting. We have no idea, but you're right about the warrant.

I expect the letter was just to cover his ass, but right now no one knows anything aside from the rumors being reported online.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1502 on: October 31, 2016, 04:02:05 PM »

Like those rumors about how she was going to get indicted?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1503 on: October 31, 2016, 04:03:38 PM »

Exactly. He sent that vague letter with pure innuendo and clear intent at this point, given the new revelation that he's withholding information on Trump's campaign due to "timing." He's being duplicitous at the least.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #1504 on: October 31, 2016, 04:18:06 PM »

Exactly. He sent that vague letter with pure innuendo and clear intent at this point, given the new revelation that he's withholding information on Trump's campaign due to "timing." He's being duplicitous at the least.

I don't think that it was vague. All the hype came from "reopening", but it was not Comey's word, niether his fault.
You must be logged in to read this quote.

What was so vague?

But timing, yeah, it was just perfect for Trump Smiley
rafta_rafta

« Reply #1505 on: October 31, 2016, 05:04:51 PM »

The biggest problem is that Comey didn't provide any details, I am not sure if he even had the details at the point.

He just irresponsbly threw a molotov cocktail into the race and walked away.

Had he recommended indictment back in July, then those were charges that could be disputed. Now no one has any idea what information to go on.
Lachi
lok1999
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -1.06, S: -3.02

« Reply #1506 on: October 31, 2016, 05:10:44 PM »

Australian media starting to come back to earth, now focusing on Comey himself
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #1507 on: October 31, 2016, 05:17:05 PM »

The biggest problem is that Comey didn't provide any details, I am not sure if he even had the details at the point.
He literally said FBI don't know anything yet.

They discovered emails from an unrelated case

And he aggreed [with the investigative team] to review those emails

But they don't know yet if there is something significant

The only additional detail we got since the letter is that the emails are from Weiner/Huma laptop.

The letter
mark_twain
United States

« Reply #1508 on: October 31, 2016, 06:43:12 PM »
« Edited: October 31, 2016, 06:46:03 PM by mark_twain »

The latest headline at CNN is now "Thank you, Huma"

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/31/politics/donald-trump-huma-abedin-hillary-clinton-emails/index.html

Now, we finally have an article of this story where Trump makes a fool of himself, like he usually does.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Clinton's counterattack has signs of being effective already, in countering the initial damage to her support. Now Trump's actions may actually start to backfire against him.

ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #1509 on: October 31, 2016, 10:28:38 PM »

fbi hasn't contacted huma

https://twitter.com/rubycramer/status/793291416608837632

MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #1510 on: October 31, 2016, 11:19:17 PM »

This election is 1972 all over again.   Hillary wins and gets indicted thus resigning at some point.

2018 Dems get slaughtered and 2020 election is a complete landslide for the "outsider" republican candidate.   The whole thing will cast shadow over Obamas legacy.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #1511 on: October 31, 2016, 11:53:19 PM »

This election is 1972 all over again.   Hillary wins and gets indicted thus resigning at some point.

2018 Dems get slaughtered and 2020 election is a complete landslide for the "outsider" republican candidate.   The whole thing will cast shadow over Obamas legacy.

I'll put money on someone in her inner circle going down in the first year. Huma or Jake Sullivan seem like the biggest bets.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #1512 on: October 31, 2016, 11:55:28 PM »

Then that means 2024 is a huge bloodbath with Kamala Harris being the new Reagan.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1513 on: October 31, 2016, 11:56:32 PM »

Then that means 2024 is a huge bloodbath with Kamala Harris being the new Reagan.

Can't wait for 2052 when we finally elect the first black president!
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #1514 on: November 01, 2016, 12:11:12 AM »

I'll put money on someone in her inner circle going down in the first year. Huma or Jake Sullivan seem like the biggest bets.

Unlike Nixon I don't believe Hillary will be has easy to convince to step down.  This could be ugly come 2018 for the dems .

I will say it again, the republicans losing this election this the best thing to ever happen to them since Ford beating out Reagan.    The dems will have no more excuses or anywhere to hide come 2020
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #1515 on: November 01, 2016, 04:26:13 AM »

It is interesting you say that MK, because I just was reading this:

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/10/31/politics/gary-johnson-clinton-impeachment/index.html

It's not a pleasant start to a Presidency.
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #1516 on: November 01, 2016, 09:44:29 PM »

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/legal-experts-it%e2%80%99d-take-a-bombshell-for-fbi-to-charge-clinton-in-email-case/ar-AAjHSDR?li=BBnb7Kz

That may be the case, but it still won't stop articles and editorials from being generated about it till election day.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1517 on: November 02, 2016, 01:36:45 AM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/hillary-clinton-campaign-chairman-urged-aides-to-dump-all-those-emails/

If they do this prior to the election it's a terrible idea--even though there's nothing damaging it's self-inflicted damage by keeping the emails in the media the rest of the week instead of letting Comey and Trump attract negative attention.
rafta_rafta

« Reply #1518 on: November 02, 2016, 03:37:32 AM »

Dump emails means to hand them over. As in a data dump
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1519 on: November 02, 2016, 03:45:48 AM »

I know exactly what it means--I just don't think it's a good idea for Clinton's campaign to draw more attention to this whole situation than it's already getting--releasing them publicly would put 100% of the media coverage on Clinton the rest of the election cycle.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #1520 on: November 02, 2016, 06:43:04 AM »

I know exactly what it means--I just don't think it's a good idea for Clinton's campaign to draw more attention to this whole situation than it's already getting--releasing them publicly would put 100% of the media coverage on Clinton the rest of the election cycle.

Agree, but it is sort of lose-lose situation. If she is not at least pretending to want to release emails, it looks bad as well. Like she is hiding something. Lose-lose.
rafta_rafta

« Reply #1521 on: November 02, 2016, 07:16:04 AM »

These revelations are coming from the wikileak hacks. How is the campaign drawing attention to them?
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #1522 on: November 03, 2016, 04:54:09 PM »

ahh ahaha ahah AHAHAH AAHHA AHAHA ahahah AHAHAHA hahaha AHAHAHHAHAHAHAH ahah

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/jim-comey-fbi-hillary-clinton_us_581b5051e4b01a82df652541?f6ifp2inxi2vrevcxr

Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1523 on: November 03, 2016, 04:54:49 PM »

ahh ahaha ahah AHAHAH AAHHA AHAHA ahahah AHAHAHA hahaha AHAHAHHAHAHAHAH ahah

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/jim-comey-fbi-hillary-clinton_us_581b5051e4b01a82df652541?f6ifp2inxi2vrevcxr

There's nothing in them.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #1524 on: November 03, 2016, 04:55:55 PM »

i am pretty sure this advisor is channeling comey's personal opinion.

and it is sooo far off and politically silly, it's a joke...
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies