FBI Reviewing Clinton emails news: LATEST - Emails from Weiner investigation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 05, 2024, 01:59:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  FBI Reviewing Clinton emails news: LATEST - Emails from Weiner investigation
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 ... 65
Author Topic: FBI Reviewing Clinton emails news: LATEST - Emails from Weiner investigation  (Read 86928 times)
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1375 on: October 30, 2016, 05:10:49 PM »

Are you saying Weiner is not a disgusting pedophile who sent dick pics to a girl in High School?

And he is being condemned by a guy who ogled 15-year old girls while changing clothes.
Remember one is Trump, so it is excused.
In defense of Weiner and Trump, at least they never settled a rape case for millions of dollars.
It wasn't millions and at a certain point I would pay a person to just go away even if I did nothing wrong.

But what say you over the rape trial in December?
So, in other words, you are saying that you'd compromise and admit culpability too for such a crime. Ok. I guess I admire Bill for admitting that he did in fact rape someone, but is is a shame that he didn't face the full weight of justice. Oh well, at least that pesky rape victim "went away."

The trial where the girl who is accusing him, Bill Clinton, and Prince Andrew of raping her on Jeffrey Epsteins jet and rape island? I could ask you the same question. Why did Bill take 32 flights to his private island? Wanna talk about that?
Only places I have seen who are running with that are the rightwing websites you like to frequent, and I really don't care at the same time. 
A Fascist can just say Alex Jones three times and you can win any argument when you are in a corner!
When you don't want to deal with the delusion, I'll let go of it.  It is the best way for them to win, bog the other person down in a conspiracy until they give up, which I am.
You can't refute easily refutable Breitbart nonsense? Well then maybe it isn't Breitbart nonsense after all then.
Or I don't care enough to delve into the conspiracy's you like to peddle to do so. 
Or you label anything you don't like to hear as conspiracy. Are you going to say CNN is pushing a conspiracy on Trump's potential inauguration day and that Clinton is actually the President but that nobody knows it?
Or unlike you I don't believe everything I read on Breitbart.  So please try and stop being so pathetic and stop believing everything you read on the internet, it might make you less racist as well.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1376 on: October 30, 2016, 05:11:09 PM »

The closing statement from Senator Reid's notice letter to Comey. Powerful.

I wouldn't associate the word "powerful" with a man who got beat up by his Boflex home gym.

What a stupid response.

Did you expect anything better from someone who doesn't have the balls to admit he is voting for Trump?
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1377 on: October 30, 2016, 05:11:29 PM »

I wouldn't associate the word "powerful" with a man who got beat up by his Boflex home gym.

Are you saying that someone, especially an old person, who slips/falls or otherwise makes a clumsy mistake on exercise equipment can't say or [/i]write[/i] something that feels powerful? (not saying what he wrote was powerful, either)
It's Sanchez, just treat him like what he is and move on.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1378 on: October 30, 2016, 05:13:26 PM »

BNO News ‏@BNONews  4m4 minutes ago
BREAKING: FBI obtains search warrant to search Clinton-linked emails on Anthony Weiner's laptop, law enforcement officials say - NBC
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1379 on: October 30, 2016, 05:14:19 PM »

BREAKING: FBI obtains search warrant to search Clinton-linked emails on Anthony Weiner's laptop, law enforcement officials say - NBC

F*** sake.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1380 on: October 30, 2016, 05:15:05 PM »

Good for them, I guess, but it will take weeks to finish checking them.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1381 on: October 30, 2016, 05:15:11 PM »

What a stupid response.

Did you expect anything better from someone who doesn't have the balls to admit he is voting for Trump?
I've literally said that 10,000 times. I went to a Trump rally last week. I voted for him in the primary. I have his banner under my avatar. I have him in my signature. I literally shook his hand and said "we're with you Mr. Trump" to his face about this time last year. So try harder.

Are you saying that someone, especially an old person, who slips/falls or otherwise makes a clumsy mistake on exercise equipment can't say or [/i]write[/i] something that feels powerful? (not saying what he wrote was powerful, either)
It's Sanchez, just treat him like what he is and move on.
In my defense, I had to watch Soul Surfer like six times in High School and I found it equally boring.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1382 on: October 30, 2016, 05:16:47 PM »

F*** sake.
What is bad about this?  Search the damn thing and get it over with.
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.87

« Reply #1383 on: October 30, 2016, 05:18:17 PM »

Harry Reid informs Comey that he may have violated the Hatch Act via letter today:

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/792843842479239168

lol the Hatch Act? that's tenuous.

An Anti-Trump pac has already filed a complaint against him on these grounds: http://www.snopes.com/2016/10/28/complaint-filed-against-james-comey/

According to Wikipedia:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

So, it sounds like it's pretty open to interpretation, unless "interfere" has a very specific legal definition.

OK, I agree the Hatch Act is vague.  But do you want to construe its vagueness this way?  This would basically be saying that, if in the course of someone's job conduct, they did something as part of the regular course of their job that affected the perception of someone running for partisan office, it could be a Hatch Act violation.  Right now, the Hatch Act generally just prohibits campaigning in partisan races.  This would take any action that could affect a partisan race, even if the effect is incident to normal job conduct, and apply some kind of subjective test about whether the job conduct is intended to influence the election or whether it's genuine conduct.

The rationale behind that standard would be to prohibit governmental job conduct from being influenced by partisan considerations.  But, paradoxically, it would intensely politicize that kind of conduct.  Can you imagine that a decision like Comey's could possibly be evaluated apolitically, when the standard is whether it's justified enough to not be presumed politically motivated?  That's an incredibly politically-loaded question.
The thing is, Comey actually admitted that what he did was outside of normal conduct.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1384 on: October 30, 2016, 05:18:23 PM »

What a stupid response.

I've literally said that 10,000 times. I went to a Trump rally last week. I voted for him in the primary. I have his banner under my avatar. I have him in my signature. I literally shook his hand and said "we're with you Mr. Trump" to his face about this time last year. So try harder.

Weren't you a few days ago saying to me that you are not a Trump supporter?
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #1385 on: October 30, 2016, 05:18:43 PM »

F*** sake.
What is bad about this?  Search the damn thing and get it over with.

That they should have done this from the beginning.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1386 on: October 30, 2016, 05:19:33 PM »

I thought this was all a nothingburger? I thought it was a backfire? Is Rachel Maddow and the rest of the NBC family part of the vast right wing conspiracy?

Smiley) Smiley) Smiley)

Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1387 on: October 30, 2016, 05:19:51 PM »

Im glad to see that the justice department finally decided to stop stonewalling the investigation.  Shameful delay!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1388 on: October 30, 2016, 05:20:29 PM »

Well, with this good news, I'm off to go get some wings!
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #1389 on: October 30, 2016, 05:21:49 PM »

I thought this was all a nothingburger? I thought it was a backfire? Is Rachel Maddow and the rest of the NBC family part of the vast right wing conspiracy?

Smiley) Smiley) Smiley)

It is, but they should have done their due diligence BEFOREHAND.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1390 on: October 30, 2016, 05:22:27 PM »

So looks like Huma lied under oath about handing over all relevant laptops.  Not good!
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1391 on: October 30, 2016, 05:23:28 PM »

So conspiracy theorists are saying that she's going to plan a terrorist attack to distract people.

Any validity of that?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1392 on: October 30, 2016, 05:23:30 PM »

So looks like Huma lied under oath about handing over all relevant laptops.  Not good!

Yeah, I guess she won't be elected president now.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1393 on: October 30, 2016, 05:24:18 PM »

Or she didn't and already told the FBI this in April, but they didn't follow the lead.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #1394 on: October 30, 2016, 05:24:32 PM »

So conspiracy theorists are saying that she's going to plan a terrorist attack to distract people.

Any validity of that?

Obviously, it's true.

So looks like Huma lied under oath about handing over all relevant laptops.  Not good!

Source?
Fusionmunster

« Reply #1395 on: October 30, 2016, 05:27:49 PM »

Why do you guys continue to let ChairmanSanchez troll you? Just put him on ignore.

As for Huma, well it wasn't her laptop to hand over.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1396 on: October 30, 2016, 05:28:43 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/30/politics/clinton-emails-fbi-abedin/index.html

Interesting.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1397 on: October 30, 2016, 05:29:21 PM »

Why do you guys continue to let ChairmanSanchez troll you? Just put him on ignore.

I'm sure that will fly in a court of law.  It was shared.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1398 on: October 30, 2016, 05:29:27 PM »

Harry Reid informs Comey that he may have violated the Hatch Act via letter today:

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/792843842479239168

lol the Hatch Act? that's tenuous.

An Anti-Trump pac has already filed a complaint against him on these grounds: http://www.snopes.com/2016/10/28/complaint-filed-against-james-comey/

According to Wikipedia:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

So, it sounds like it's pretty open to interpretation, unless "interfere" has a very specific legal definition.

OK, I agree the Hatch Act is vague.  But do you want to construe its vagueness this way?  This would basically be saying that, if in the course of someone's job conduct, they did something as part of the regular course of their job that affected the perception of someone running for partisan office, it could be a Hatch Act violation.  Right now, the Hatch Act generally just prohibits campaigning in partisan races.  This would take any action that could affect a partisan race, even if the effect is incident to normal job conduct, and apply some kind of subjective test about whether the job conduct is intended to influence the election or whether it's genuine conduct.

The rationale behind that standard would be to prohibit governmental job conduct from being influenced by partisan considerations.  But, paradoxically, it would intensely politicize that kind of conduct.  Can you imagine that a decision like Comey's could possibly be evaluated apolitically, when the standard is whether it's justified enough to not be presumed politically motivated?  That's an incredibly politically-loaded question.
The thing is, Comey actually admitted that what he did was outside of normal conduct.

OK, but there's a difference between doing something that's not normally part of your job, and doing something that's part of your job in a way you typically don't.  There aren't many rational reasons someone would do something that influences a partisan election that are out of the normal scope of their job.  But there are situation-specific reasons someone, especially in a case with a lot of outside attention, might engage in conduct that's outside of their typical process.

We've had different periods during the election where I expect there would be widespread belief among both Democrats and Republicans that Comey couldn't possibly be acting in accordance to his professional role, and had to be making decisions with partisan political outcomes in mind.  Doesn't that alone tell you a lot about the dangers of extending the Hatch Act this far?
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1399 on: October 30, 2016, 05:29:56 PM »

It gets so hard not to respond to such sad posts though. 
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 ... 65  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies