Why is the race tightening again? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:22:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Why is the race tightening again? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why is the race tightening again?  (Read 3384 times)
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« on: October 26, 2016, 09:59:08 PM »

I have 2 theories:

1) Obamacare premium hikes. Those hikes may have scared some undecideds to Trump's camp. Heck maybe even some of "weak" Clinton supporters may have switched sides because of it.

2) This could be a "spiral of silence" starting to make noise. Some of shy Trump supporters are now openly expressing support for Trump, even to a pollster when they probably would not have in the past. The reason for this maybe is because the hotmic tapes are now old news? They may have read some Wikileaks about Clinton?
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 10:07:08 PM »

I have 2 theories:

1) Obamacare premium hikes. Those hikes may have scared some undecideds to Trump's camp. Heck maybe even some of "weak" Clinton supporters may have switched sides because of it.

2) This could be a "spiral of silence" starting to make noise. Some of shy Trump supporters are now openly expressing support for Trump, even to a pollster when they probably would not have in the past. The reason for this maybe is because the hotmic tapes are now old news? They may have read some Wikileaks about Clinton?

No. Good lord, I wish people would stop over-analysing this. Some GOPhers are coming home, quite a few aren't. The undecideds are coming down from the fence, and the third parties are dropping. This is all marginal in the grand scheme of things.

Well this is no doubt the "October surprise" against Hillary's favor. It could hurt her, but not as bad as the hotmic did for Trump.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies