AP-GFK National: Clinton +15 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:31:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  AP-GFK National: Clinton +15 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AP-GFK National: Clinton +15  (Read 3713 times)
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: October 26, 2016, 04:37:04 PM »

Well, I'll give AP/GfK this - they're not afraid to go out on a limb.  They had a significant Republican bias in '08 and '12, and now they're the strongest poll for Clinton.

Definitely no "poll herding" going on here!

It smells a bit junk, although as others have noted we have seen a few legit pollsters showing Clinton in the low double-digit range, so at this point the consensus of legit polls seems indicate somewhere between a Clinton +6-8 range, with the ones showing her at 10+ probably using a more liberal LV screening model.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 06:24:50 PM »

yes, to Trump's credit, I don't think he's hit Goldwater numbers.

At the end of the day I believe that Trump will capture over 38.5% of the total Presidential vote (Goldwater), but I did go out on a limb that he would get <42% of the total Presidential vote in the thread on that question post Gropergate, and it should be noted he hasn't been 42% or over in any of the top-weighted 538 polls, with the exception of USC and Gravis that most objective observers view as bunk.

I'm still skeptical that he will win the lion's share of undecided and 3rd Party holdouts, although we will see some swings back and forth between the high '30s and very low '40s, depending upon Republicans that loath Trump as a candidate, but believe that Clinton is potentially a greater evil than their extremely flawed GE candidate.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies