Senate PPT vote
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 12:28:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate PPT vote
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Senate PPT vote  (Read 3418 times)
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2005, 07:21:30 AM »

I think we have a Senator migrendel on our hands.

I believe he posted a thread awhile ago in the other fantasy board saying he was going to be on vacation for awhile.

Can you find it?

Damn I forgot to get the link but I'll tell you what it said. Tongue

He said he went to Las Vegas and should be back just in time to take up the Senate duties. That said we see that he's late. Have to give him some more time though.

Well, we still have two more days.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2005, 07:45:26 AM »

Here is the thread

Its a little hasty to do anything about him yet, but if it gets to the middle of next week and he still hasn't re-appeared, then the Senate has to consider doing something about the situation.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2005, 07:47:40 AM »

Here is the thread

Its a little hasty to do anything about him yet, but if it gets to the middle of next week and he still hasn't re-appeared, then the Senate has to consider doing something about the situation.

Oddly enough, I just realized that the date he was last active, July 4, is well after that announcement, so it would appear that he has actually been on the forum since that announcement.  I don't really know what this would mean, but it's interesting to point out nonetheless.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2005, 10:25:05 AM »

Here is the thread

Oddly enough, I just realized that the date he was last active, July 4, is well after that announcement, so it would appear that he has actually been on the forum since that announcement.  I don't really know what this would mean, but it's interesting to point out nonetheless.

This is why if you are going somewhere you need to leave at least some details of when you are leaving, when you will get back and how long you will be gone just so that people aren't guessing like this about where you are or when you'll come back.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2005, 04:05:25 PM »

Before I make my vote, I would like to say that I hope FuturePrez does return soon to the forum and doesn't become a migrendel figure. 

If something does not happen in the next couple of days, I will support any endeavors the Senate makes to deal with the situation, regardless.

Anyway, I remember that I ran for PPT last session and no one supported me (except for DanielX).  Hell, I couldn't even find a reason to support myself.

Gabu has certainly run the Senate with competancy, indeed, he's probably the first one to run this place with any sense.  The streamlining of procedure rules has also helped.  Wink

I am also entirely sure than Colin Wixted would run an air-tight Senate and would bring power and prestige to the Union Party through the position.

So, my choice here is between experience and surety or loyalty to party and fresh blood in the PPT's position.

I choose the former.

[ ] Senator Colin Wixted (Pennsylvania)
[ x ] Senator Gabu (Utah)
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2005, 04:51:46 PM »

Here is the thread

6 minutes after this post he was active again
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2005, 08:38:43 PM »

So, my choice here is between experience and surety or loyalty to party and fresh blood in the PPT's position.

I choose the former.

I'm honored that you trust my ability that much to vote against your own party. Smiley

I'll do my best not to let you down.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2005, 08:41:47 PM »

I choose the former.

I'm honored that you trust my ability that much to vote against your own party. Smiley

I'll do my best not to let you down.

I hope so.  Smiley
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2005, 08:56:47 PM »

Honorable Senators,

The vote for President pro tempore is now closed. The votes cast for each candidate were:
Senator Colin Wixted: 4
Senator Gabu: 5
I hereby declare that Senator Gabu has been elected President pro tempore of the Senate. Congratulations!

I would also like to note that I will not become inactive insofar as my duties as President of the Senate are concerned. I shall continue to participate and fulfill my role as presiding officer, although of course the PPT will, as per tradition and the Procedural Resolution, perform the bulk of the duties.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies