d:4 what to do

(1/4) > >>

Josh/Devilman88:
i think it should be a revote but that is just what i think

YRABNNRM:
None of the above. If M doesnt take the oath than he's not senator and none of this matters. Simple as that.

Emsworth:
It doesn't matter what the poll suggests. The Constitution is explicit: "If there is an election dispute  as to who shall serve a district as Senator, the Supreme Court shall resolve the issue and declare the outcome of the election." You cannot have a revote unless the court orders the same.

Fmr. Gov. NickG:
Here's how I see it.
Assuming M does not sign the oath and claim his seat:

- If M is a legitimate candidate, the seat will be declared vacant as soon as the deadline for taking the oath passed.  There will be a new election within a week, in which any District 4 voter can run.

- If M is NOT a legitimate candidate, then all his votes are voided, and Harry is the winner of the election with the only valid vote.

So the question is whether a vote for M can be counted at all.  Depending on this, either Harry wins or there is a new election.

However if M does sign the oath, he should be seated in the Senate unless or until the Court finds that he was not a legitimate candidate.

7,052,770:
This is what the Supreme Court was designed to do.  Let the court do its job.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page