CNN/ORC Clinton +5 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:52:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  CNN/ORC Clinton +5 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CNN/ORC Clinton +5  (Read 3828 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« on: October 24, 2016, 03:09:06 PM »

And people laughed at me months ago when I said Johnson wouldn't crack 5%.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 03:14:12 PM »

Really, America, not quite ready to wrap it up 100%? You still want to leave a slight chance of electing a fascist? Can't maybe move it toward something more like an 8 or 9 point margin?

That's just dandy.

45% of America would vote for Satan (R) over Jesus (D). The fantasies of a historic Democratic landslide are just that.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 03:21:00 PM »

GOP
Trump 89%
Clinton 6%
Johnson 2%
Stein 1%

Can someone explain why any Republican person would support Stein?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016, 03:33:02 PM »

Johnson has definitely declined from his peak, but his peak was something like 9% in the polling averages, and the polling averages now have him at about 6%.  So sure, that's a decline, but not the kind of "crash" that some were predicting six months ago when some were saying "Oh, his ceiling is going to be something like 2%."

Most polls still have him north of 5, yet when we get polls like this that have him below 5, everyone starts jumping on it like "See, I told you Johnson was going to crash and burn!"  In the threads on polls that still have him in high single digits, there isn't a corresponding chorus of "I guess Johnson isn't going to drop like people were saying."

Third parties typically decline even more on election day itself than in the polling leading up to election day. Nader polled at 2.3% in 2008 and he got 0.6%. Barr polled at 1.5% and got 0.4%.

No doubt Johnson and Stein will improve on their 2012 performances, but at this point I'd be shocked if the former cracked 3% and the latter 1%.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2016, 03:42:02 PM »

Clinton can win the popular vote by 3, even 4 and lose the election if Trump pulls out narrow wins in OH, FL, NC and PA

Trump can also win even while losing all those states if he wins California! So many paths to victory!
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2016, 03:50:24 PM »

More people think Clinton's e-mails are an issue than Donald Trump sexually assaulting women.

Once again, polling proves that the respect I once held for America was not well deserved.

Not to defend Americans here, but are you really surprised? One was spammed about by the media for a year and a half, where they essentially judged her as guilty of treason in the court of public opinion. One was covered for a few weeks and has been officially false equivalenced to be "just as bad" as lame Wikileaks emails.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies