MN-08/SurveyUSA: Trump+12 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:19:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  MN-08/SurveyUSA: Trump+12 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MN-08/SurveyUSA: Trump+12  (Read 3933 times)
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« on: October 24, 2016, 03:30:49 AM »
« edited: October 24, 2016, 03:35:58 AM by Adam T »

I'm not quite sure why, but Congressional polling is generally quite poor.  

This is from an article on the U.S House race part of the poll:

Two years ago at about this same stage, our poll showed Mills with an eight-point margin. Three weeks later in lost to Nolan by 1.4%. Schier says that was likely the result of the Democratic Party having a far superior get-out-the-vote operation. "I think the lead in the polls evaporated two years ago because the Democrats had a ground game that far outstripped the Republican ground game in that district," Schier says.

When the polls turn out to be wrong, a superior get-out-the-vote operation is a standard excuse of the pollster.

I think that a 9.4% difference between a late poll and the actual result being explained by a superior get-out-the-vote effort is ridiculous.

http://kstp.com/politics/stewart-mills-rick-nolan-8th-congressional-race-kstp-survey-usa-poll/4299301/

I'm not claiming this poll is wrong just providing evidence of how poor polling by Congressional District whether for the House race or the Presidential race frequently is.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies