ABC/WaPo Tracking poll megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:29:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  ABC/WaPo Tracking poll megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 17
Author Topic: ABC/WaPo Tracking poll megathread  (Read 37877 times)
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2016, 11:23:47 AM »

Losing? How is he losing who cares about the national vote. we have two weeks to go and he's only down 3 points in florida. Hillary still has the advantage but anything can happen, nobody can be too confident, just like in 2008 when mccain thought he had florida in the bag...

Um... what? He's losing because he's objectively losing in every state that matters -- Pennsylvania, Virginia, Colorado, New Hampshire, Wisconsin, Nevada, North Carolina, Florida, and now even Arizona.

And nobody thought McCain had Florida in the bag, so I don't know what alternate universe you live in. Even if that were true, it would not have mattered in the slightest bit because Obama won in an electoral landslide.
republicanx
Rookie
« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2016, 11:31:06 AM »

Losing? How is he losing who cares about the national vote. we have two weeks to go and he's only down 3 points in florida. Hillary still has the advantage but anything can happen, nobody can be too confident, just like in 2008 when mccain thought he had florida in the bag...

Um... what? He's losing because he's objectively losing in every state that matters -- Pennsylvania, Virginia, Colorado, New Hampshire, Wisconsin, Nevada, North Carolina, Florida, and now even Arizona.

And nobody thought McCain had Florida in the bag, so I don't know what alternate universe you live in. Even if that were true, it would not have mattered in the slightest bit because Obama won in an electoral landslide.

And look where we r now lol. he got nothing done in 8 years and thats why he is leaving and stuck with another 4yrs of someone who doesn't belong in there, i'm voting trump. if the minority vote is down (which it is in most cases) trump will win. I'm only worried slightly about florida and nc atm
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2016, 11:37:06 AM »

Why are people (liberals) believing this poll when they don't knowledge any of the other trackers? Calling it a disaster for republicans but ignore the other tracking polls. Republicans are doing fine, if we lose we won't let hillary pass anything Smiley

Because ABC/Washington Post is a high quality poll, and the other trackers are not.

I think we can all agree trump won't be losing by 12 points if he's only down by 3 in florida if he was down like 8 points there i'd agree.

He absolutely could be losing by ~10 if he's also only up 3 in TX.

"only down 3 points in Florida" is literally devastating for Republicans. Obama didn't even win Florida by 3 points in 2008.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2016, 11:40:23 AM »

And look where we r now lol. he got nothing done in 8 years and thats why he is leaving and stuck with another 4yrs of someone who doesn't belong in there, i'm voting trump. if the minority vote is down (which it is in most cases) trump will win. I'm only worried slightly about florida and nc atm

Obama's current approval Gallup approval rating is at 57%. Better than Reagan at this point in time, on par with Clinton and Eisenhower. So most Americans disagree with you!
republicanx
Rookie
« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2016, 11:40:36 AM »

Why are people (liberals) believing this poll when they don't knowledge any of the other trackers? Calling it a disaster for republicans but ignore the other tracking polls. Republicans are doing fine, if we lose we won't let hillary pass anything Smiley

Because ABC/Washington Post is a high quality poll, and the other trackers are not.

I think we can all agree trump won't be losing by 12 points if he's only down by 3 in florida if he was down like 8 points there i'd agree.

He absolutely could be losing by ~10 if he's also only up 3 in TX.

"only down 3 points in Florida" is literally devastating for Republicans. Obama didn't even win Florida by 3 points in 2008.

gotta stay positive somehow Smiley
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2016, 11:41:08 AM »

Nothing done?

Cuban embargo lifted
Internet accessibility saved
Marriage equality achieved
Insured % at its highest in history
Economy successfully recovered from greatest pit since the Great Depression
Nuclear proliferation curved peacefully
Unemployment at a low

Among many others. You can disagree with some of the things he's done, and he hasn't succeeded at everything he's aimed for, but to say he's done nothing is nothing short of disingenuous to say the least.
BoAtlantis

« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2016, 11:46:36 AM »

Nothing done?

Cuban embargo lifted
Unemployment at a low

Among many others. You can disagree with some of the things he's done, and he hasn't succeeded at everything he's aimed for, but to say he's done nothing is nothing short of disingenuous to say the least.

Welfare at the highest rate than ever before
Poverty at the highest rate than ever before
America has gotten weaker
Putin is a better leader
Middle Class is declining
No one respects our police and troops
Obama created ISIS
Illegals have increased
Unemployment is at 42% like Trump says
America is more divided than ever
More refugees than ever before
Benghazi

and you still think America is better now?! Shame on you!
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2016, 11:47:11 AM »

Even if this were true( and it is not.....), Trump is losing college educated whites and he needs to do better with white voters then Romney (59%) did in 2012 to have a shot at winning.
republicanx
Rookie
« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2016, 11:47:43 AM »

Nothing done?

Cuban embargo lifted
Unemployment at a low

I'm gay and i don't care about that... it should be left up to the states. Unemployment is at a "low" because people left the labor force if you know much about economics.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2016, 11:52:56 AM »

Nothing done?

Cuban embargo lifted
Unemployment at a low

I'm gay and i don't care about that... it should be left up to the states. Unemployment is at a "low" because people left the labor force if you know much about economics.

I don't care if you don't care about it, but I'm gay as well and, and I do because I like the idea of being considered an equal human being in the eyes of the law. Whether or not you care about that does not erase the achievement.

Okay on the unemployment, and ignoring everything else does not make the points disappear. You said he had done nothing, and I objectively showed you that he has. Concede the point, and stop trying to weasel out of it.
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.87

« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2016, 11:53:48 AM »

Another tracker? Crap!
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2016, 11:54:04 AM »

Labor force participation is low because the people who are leaving the workforce are - you guessed it - old people retiring. We have more old people than ever.
dspNY
United States

« Reply #62 on: October 23, 2016, 11:54:19 AM »

I'm believing the Clinton double digit leads now because the Hill put out an article quoting Conway saying Trump wants another debate. No candidate who is winning the election would ask for another debate, especially after getting humiliated in the first three
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #63 on: October 23, 2016, 12:25:45 PM »

Okies, well I'll just update the title as new polls come out then.

Virginia,
I think you should allow the honor of updating this thread, to our Atlas member, Seriously.
Seriously would look forward to seeing, and being a part-of, such great numbers everyday until Nov 8th.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #64 on: October 23, 2016, 12:26:24 PM »

Beautiful poll!

Am I reading it wrong, or is she winning MEN?!
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #65 on: October 23, 2016, 12:29:46 PM »

Okies, well I'll just update the title as new polls come out then.

Virginia,
I think you should allow the honor of updating this thread, to our Atlas member, Seriously.
Seriously would look forward to seeing, and being a part-of, such great numbers everyday until Nov 8th.

Motion seconded, although Seriously will probably do nothing but spin it as a win for Trump by proving that she's rigging the polls and buying off the pollsters to produce these numbers.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #66 on: October 23, 2016, 12:38:52 PM »

DOMINATING
OO
M  M
I     I
N     N
A       A
T         T
I            I
N             N
G               G
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #67 on: October 23, 2016, 01:57:15 PM »

This is actually a tracking poll. They had one for the last few weeks of the 2012 election too

Bryan is supporting Jill Stein. Atleast Clinton's corrupt supporters shouldn't be using Bryan's signature chant!
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #68 on: October 23, 2016, 01:58:17 PM »

This is actually a tracking poll. They had one for the last few weeks of the 2012 election too

Bryan is supporting Jill Stein. Atleast Clinton's corrupt supporters shouldn't be using Bryan's signature chant!
He's supporting that nut and her terrorist apologist running mate?

Geez oh man.
dspNY
United States

« Reply #69 on: October 23, 2016, 02:21:18 PM »

The most interesting demographic crosstab is this one:

Non-college white women: Trump +9

This is where I thought the collapse in Trump's numbers would occur after the first debate and his general maltreatment of women. He was winning this demo by a lot more before the first debate
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #70 on: October 23, 2016, 02:44:36 PM »

The most interesting demographic crosstab is this one:
Non-college white women: Trump +9
This is where I thought the collapse in Trump's numbers would occur after the first debate and his general maltreatment of women. He was winning this demo by a lot more before the first debate

I'm not surprised.
When your typical "Non-college white woman" trump supporter resembles/does this ...

No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #71 on: October 23, 2016, 04:17:38 PM »

Nothing done?

Cuban embargo lifted
Unemployment at a low

Are you the same self-hating loon who was posting as 'voter1993'? Also, your english is so bad that are you sure Drumpf won't be looking at you for deportation as well? Better watch out for the deportation squads.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #72 on: October 23, 2016, 04:45:01 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #73 on: October 23, 2016, 04:48:52 PM »

This helps to partially explain what we are seeing in Texas, and likely to some extent Arizona as well, even without discussing the surge in Latino enthusiasm and motivation as we roll towards a two week election day countdown.
EpicHistory
Rookie
United States

« Reply #74 on: October 24, 2016, 12:19:11 AM »

+12 for Clinton when she's only up 3-5% in Florida, North Carolina, and Michigan? Not a chance, throw this in the dumpster.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 17  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies