How would you vote on California's propositions?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 10:25:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  How would you vote on California's propositions?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: How would you vote on California's propositions?  (Read 1105 times)
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2016, 12:14:57 AM »

51: Yes
52: Yes
53: No
54: Yes (with hesitation)
55: No
56: Yes
57: Yes
58: Yes
59: No
60: Yes
61: Yes
62: No**
63: No
64: No
65: Yes
66: Yes
67: No

*This is a good idea in theory, but requiring a statewide vote on local bonds is completely unnecessary.

**Although I oppose the death penalty and support this in theory, I believe that Prop 66 is a more mainstream solution.  At this point, reforming the death penalty seems better to me than repeal.

†I support background checks for gun purchases, but if someone has already passed the background check for the gun, then they shouldn't have to go through another to buy ammunition.

Plastic shopping bags are completely reusable and recyclable, and in fact are frequently reused by many people, myself included.  Prop 65 seems like a much more reasonable measure here.

This refers to "single use", and easily torn ones that still get easily discarded (even if they can be resused and recycled, the latter of which is still not a harmless process) and end up swirling around in the Pacific Ocean in an area bigger than Texas. Obviously we banned it for firmer, more intuitive bags and so far, *gasp* it's come out just fine.

In short Prop 65 is pointless moderate heroism at best, regressive at worst.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies