MO Emerson: Kander Blunt Tied! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:41:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 Senatorial Election Polls
  MO Emerson: Kander Blunt Tied! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MO Emerson: Kander Blunt Tied!  (Read 3781 times)
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« on: October 19, 2016, 05:47:27 PM »
« edited: October 19, 2016, 06:09:25 PM by DavidB. »

This means Kander overperforms Hillary by 8 in this poll. That's not inconceivable, and it's probably even more because of the landlines.

Blunt better make a good ad together with Trump, letting all of Missouri know Trump and Blunt support each other for 1000%. And he better do it right now if he wants to win this. He needs to tie himself to Trump as much as possible. This seat is in real danger.

No, Missouri needs two conservative Democratic Senators Wulfric.
Repeating it doesn't make it true. Blue dog days are over. Kander is close to being your average liberal Democrat.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 03:09:48 PM »

No one in this thread said Blunt is a moderate. He very clearly isn't. However, James keeps telling us that Kander would be a Blue Dog, which is simply untrue.

I would also disagree with Joshua's assertion that Blunt would be "substantially more partisan". At this point, newly elected Democrats are almost always generic liberals (and more left-wing than ever) and newly elected Republicans are almost always generic conservatives (and more right-wing than ever). Kander is close to being a generic liberal. His only differing stance is on the Iran deal, which probably won't be all that important of a political issue under Clinton's presidency. Kander comes off as a somewhat conservative Democrat, certainly more so than McCaskill, but he really isn't.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2016, 06:12:47 PM »

I totally agree with David here. Also, I see you are predicting a Rubio win now? Smiley
After seeing some other poll in which Rubio is up 10 points with Latinos I had to change it. Still a tossup though, and if another Trump scandal breaks, Murphy may well end up winning.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies