Ishan for First Minister Campaign
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:05:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Ishan for First Minister Campaign
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ishan for First Minister Campaign  (Read 766 times)
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 24, 2020, 07:11:05 PM »
« edited: July 26, 2020, 08:22:39 AM by Ishan »

Ishan for First Minister

I am not running because I hate Truman, I am running so that people who don't want Truman and wants change can vote for change. My main focus is on focusing on electoral reform. I support having a Parliament to have a number of candidates-minus 1 so that we can include a diverse set of people to represent us. I intend to in my campaign seek the votes of Fremonters and will personalize it, as I believe in GOTV which is personalized, not copy pasted.

I don't intend to attack Truman in any way as long as he doesn't attack me. I respect him as a politician.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2020, 07:27:46 PM »

I support having a Parliament to have a number of candidates-minus 1 so that we can include a diverse set of people to represent us./quote]

This is, in essence, what we already have.
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2020, 07:28:46 PM »

I support having a Parliament to have a number of candidates-minus 1 so that we can include a diverse set of people to represent us./quote]

Yes but it caps at 6 seats. I think he's talking about an uncapped formula
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2020, 07:34:29 PM »

I support it because we should have DAers and Feds and Greens in the Parliement and with the current system of 6 seats, we will get a Fed and a Green and a DAer and then 3 Laborers if the opposition is lucky. We should reward people who run, even if they aren't Labor, because they ran instead of the generic zombie voter.

If there are 4 seats or less in Parliement, I support electing all of the members who run.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2020, 07:37:01 PM »

I support it because we should have DAers and Feds and Greens in the Parliement and with the current system of 6 seats, we will get a Fed and a Green and a DAer and then 3 Laborers if the opposition is lucky. We should reward people who run, even if they aren't Labor, because they ran instead of the generic zombie voter.

If there are 4 seats or less in Parliement, I support electing all of the members who run.

So you support rigging the electoral system based on your political preferences? Not what we deserve from our FM.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2020, 07:38:03 PM »

...which would result in an extremely bloated Parliament where even lackluster candidates with little political support in the region can run and win. Uncapping Parliament as you propose is a pure partisan power-grab for the Fremont opposition, and there is no legitimate reason to increase the caps currently in place.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2020, 07:51:57 PM »

So you support rigging the electoral system based on your political preferences? Not what we deserve from our FM.

...which would result in an extremely bloated Parliament where even lackluster candidates with little political support in the region can run and win. Uncapping Parliament as you propose is a pure partisan power-grab for the Fremont opposition, and there is no legitimate reason to increase the caps currently in place.
I support rewarding participation, and a compromise is to increase the seat count to 8 seats if I can't do what I proposed.
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2020, 07:56:51 PM »

In the end it depends on your view of how government should work. Should a legislative body try to represent as many people as possible and force coalitions to form in order to govern, or should a legislative body favor one party getting most or all of the power. There isn't a morally right or wrong answer to this question, it depends on what your view of the best political system is - is it one party getting their entire platform accomplished, or is it one where everyone gives a little to come together with the other sides at the end of the day.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2020, 07:59:20 PM »

In the end it depends on your view of how government should work. Should a legislative body try to represent as many people as possible and force coalitions to form in order to govern, or should a legislative body favor one party getting most or all of the power. There isn't a morally right or wrong answer to this question, it depends on what your view of the best political system is - is it one party getting their entire platform accomplished, or is it one where everyone gives a little to come together with the other sides at the end of the day.

A legislative body should represent people. There's really nothing more and nothing less to it. So, you're wrong twice.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2020, 03:56:28 AM »

Endorsed!
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2020, 10:22:38 AM »

Alcohol

I support lowering the MDLA, known as the Minimum Legal Drinking Age, to 18 because 1. if the person who is underage needs to go to the hospital, the fear of getting caught would be gone, 2. People will be more normalized with alcohol instead of starting with binge drinking and I believe that if people can drive a car and vote, they can drink.

Banning circumcisions for minors

I believe that circumcision should be illegal as the minor has no say in the matter and it could have significant impact on the child, it isn't medically necessary, and it is barbaric. For adults, I don't care what they do with their bodies.

Education

We should pay teachers more as they work hard every day in the school and care about their students. We should hire more teachers as a lower teacher to student ratio results in better students and more individualized learning. In addition, I believe that we should have more schools near where the students live, and in rural areas, free transport to schools. We should treat our teachers as professionals, and I am against teach to the test, as people forget the things on the test after the test is over.

AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2020, 10:55:15 PM »

I don't intend to attack Truman in any way as long as he doesn't attack me. I respect him as a politician.
Talk is cheap. Anyone with an index finger and a serviceable internet connection can fire off a manifesto, post a few vague policies, and call themselves an alternative to the status quo.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2020, 10:59:49 PM »

Alcohol

I support lowering the MDLA, known as the Minimum Legal Drinking Age, to 18 because 1. if the person who is underage needs to go to the hospital, the fear of getting caught would be gone, 2. People will be more normalized with alcohol instead of starting with binge drinking and I believe that if people can drive a car and vote, they can drink.

This will lead to more intoxicated people in high schools and colleges. Intoxicated people can sometimes become violent as their judgement is clouded and they will overreact. Also this will probably lead to an increase in drunk driving. In an ideal world, alcohol would be restricted, more people should not be using it, and I'm not convinced that use will be normalized, instead underage drinking will just start earlier. Alcohol is a scourge and a bane to society, and expanding access to it is unwise, and I will die on that hill.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2020, 11:08:35 PM »

Talk is cheap. Anyone with an index finger and a serviceable internet connection can fire off a manifesto, post a few vague policies, and call themselves an alternative to the status quo.
Hey, I call 'em as I see 'em. Wink
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2020, 03:02:05 AM »

The legal drinking age is 19 nationwide for the record. I'm not against lowering it though.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2020, 12:26:27 PM »

Talk is cheap. Anyone with an index finger and a serviceable internet connection can fire off a manifesto, post a few vague policies, and call themselves an alternative to the status quo. It takes real leadership, real courage, to govern this region and to hold back the ever-looming spectre of malaise. Everything else is theatre and hot air.

Sadly, Truman has decided to go on the negative side. My policies aren't vague,

Truman has had a Labor majority since he became First Minister.

One of my bills I will propose if I am elected First Minister to show that my platform is not vague.

Fremont Freedom to Drink Act of 2020

1. The Minimum Drinking age for Fremont is now 18 for selling.
2.  This bill will take effect in (TBD)

This bill is pretty simple but my policies aren't vague. 
Posted from Truman's thread
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies