Politico: Former TV reporter accuses Bill Clinton of sexual assault
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:08:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Politico: Former TV reporter accuses Bill Clinton of sexual assault
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Politico: Former TV reporter accuses Bill Clinton of sexual assault  (Read 1744 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 19, 2016, 11:56:23 AM »

http://www.politico.com/blogs/on-media/2016/10/former-tv-reporter-accuses-bill-clinton-of-sexual-assault-229987

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Is this a new one or old one that was lost in the mix? You guys think this will pick up any momentum?

Anyway, looks like Bill has become the new whipping boy of the 2016 election. They can't punish Hillary with these things, so they turn around and whip Bill with them.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 12:04:50 PM »

Frankly I doubt this like I do most of the Trump accusers. Just like Trump was a powerful and public man long before 2016, so was Bill. Why come out now, after Flowers, Broadrick, and Lewinsky? I think both men are absolute creeps capable of doing this. I also think that what we already have established as fact is more pertinent than allegations coming out at a point too late to truly vet in time for the election.
yankeesfan
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 12:05:23 PM »

Wow.  I certainly won't be voting for Bill Clinton on November 8.
Rand
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2016, 12:08:24 PM »

Wow.  I certainly won't be voting for Bill Clinton on November 8.

MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2016, 12:09:13 PM »

Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2016, 12:09:40 PM »

Has anyone noticed how Bill's favorables have dropped recently as Hillary's has gone up? Stories like this will only continue that.
rafta_rafta

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2016, 12:09:59 PM »

elcorazon

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2016, 12:11:49 PM »

On November 28, I will decidedly not vote for that man!
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2016, 12:12:12 PM »

I wouldn't trust Breitbart to tell me what day it is.
Plus, attacks on Hillary for Bill's infidelities make her more sympathetic.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2016, 12:46:49 PM »

I wouldn't trust Breitbart to tell me what day it is.
Plus, attacks on Hillary for Bill's infidelities make her more sympathetic.

I think most can agree with your last statement, and they should make her more sympathetic.

Doesn't change the fact that Bill Clinton is a massive POS who Dems should never be defending.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2016, 12:54:52 PM »

Doesn't change the fact that Bill Clinton is a massive POS who Dems should never be defending.

On this? Definitely not. Bill Clinton is a genius politician, who would have been a great president if he had been castrated in time. Or, at least, if he had more control of his dick. Alas, all too frequently his dick took the charge of his brain. This damaged his family, damaged his presidency, and damaged many people around him.

However, while HRC may have balls, she, definitely, does not have a dick, and she did not stick one were she should not have. One could, potentially, try to make the case that in a few instances she did not behave in the most saintly fashion towards some of her husband´s previous accusers, but in a case like this, which has never seen a light of day till now, she is, most definitely, at worst, another victim.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2016, 01:08:32 PM »

PeteB
Canada

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2016, 01:39:00 PM »

I read the account.  Not sure it is legitimate, but the woman sounds at least as credible as the numerous accusers against Trump.  Trump's strategy is obviously to say: "Look - we are both bad candidates so, if you vote for me, you have nothing to lose; and I will fix immigration/appoint conservative Justices/grow the economy, ..etc.'

The lady deserves a hearing, just like the ladies accusing Trump.  However, Bill Clinton is not running for office and, unless there is some proof that Hillary helped him in keeping all his escapades quiet, these accusations should not really matter, or be held against her.
Lolasknives
Rookie

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2016, 01:43:19 PM »

Blah blah blah nobody cares what Bill did or didn't do except braindead rednecks. He isn't running. Plus the cost of making him pay for his "sins" is electing a racist stupid ugly orange maniac. Drumpf kids always think we'll conveniently forget that part. Hell no, we won't.

I don't give a crap if Bill raped Mother Theresa twenty years ago with Hillary holding her down. They are 10,000,000,000 times better for this country and human civilization than the clueless orange maggot who also knows a thing or two about rape.
ShamDam
ChanDan

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2016, 01:46:53 PM »

Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2016, 01:54:34 PM »

I'm calling it now - Bill Clinton will loose this election in a historic landslide. I doubt he'll win so much as a single vote on election day.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2016, 01:59:54 PM »

Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2016, 02:18:16 PM »

If it's true that Bill Clinton did this, then it's a sleazy thing to do. But after reading the article, I don't know if she is on the up and up. She says some things that are questionable, like Bill came to her apartment but she didn't let him in.

Since he was the Governor of Arkansas, did he really have the freedom to just get up in his car and drive to some lady's apartment hoping to get laid?

Don't governors have protection, people following them at all times?

Regardless, Bill isn't the one running for President as so many others have said, and so who cares? Take it up with the law. It's between her and Bill.

Leave Hillary out of it.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2016, 02:32:44 PM »

If it's true that Bill Clinton did this, then it's a sleazy thing to do. But after reading the article, I don't know if she is on the up and up. She says some things that are questionable, like Bill came to her apartment but she didn't let him in.

Since he was the Governor of Arkansas, did he really have the freedom to just get up in his car and drive to some lady's apartment hoping to get laid?

Regardless, Bill isn't the one running for President as so many others have said, and so who cares? Take it up with the law. It's between her and Bill.

Leave Hillary out of it.

Did you miss Mark Sanford's disappearance?
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2016, 03:09:55 PM »

Leave Hillary out of it.

I remember that episode.

I guess if somebody really wants something they'll find a way to get it.

However, again, it's NOT Hillary doing these things and she is the one we are focused on now. If people have some personal issues with Bill, let them take him to court.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2016, 03:14:23 PM »

Back in the 1970s? Governor of Arkansas? I doubt anybody cared.
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.87

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2016, 03:14:27 PM »

Leave Hillary out of it.

I mean... Sanford was out of the country, in all fairness. It's hard to imagine Bill "hiking the Appalachians" within his own state.
PeteB
Canada

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2016, 03:18:39 PM »

Leave Hillary out of it.

Strictly speaking, it's already been proven (in Troopergate) that his Arkansas Highway Patrol detail did a lot to enable Bill's affairs. So, driving him to a TV Reporter's apartment would be much less than they had to do in terms of booking hotel rooms and arranging clandestine liaisons with other women.

But, as I said, unless Hillary somehow abetted or assisted Bill with this behavior, it shouldn't matter for the election.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2016, 04:40:02 PM »

Blah blah blah nobody cares what Bill did or didn't do except braindead rednecks. He isn't running. Plus the cost of making him pay for his "sins" is electing a racist stupid ugly orange maniac. Drumpf kids always think we'll conveniently forget that part. Hell no, we won't.

I don't give a crap if Bill raped Mother Theresa twenty years ago with Hillary holding her down. They are 10,000,000,000 times better for this country and human civilization than the clueless orange maggot who also knows a thing or two about rape.
I feel like you got the Orange County arsonist's profile.
Arbitrage1980
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2016, 05:03:16 PM »

Both Trump and Bill Clinton have sexually assaulted women. I have no doubt about that. Now, many people will say that it's irrelevant because Bill is not on the ballot. I'm not quite sure I agree with that.

First, if we are to take sexual assault charges seriously, it should not matter whether the accused is running for political office or not. Assault is assault, and someone who is found guilty needs to be punished.

Second, Hillary has made it explicitly clear that if she becomes President, Bill will have a major role to play in terms of policy. We don't know exactly what such a role would look like, but we can assume that Bill is not going to sit around and bake brownies. This then raises the question of whether we want a rapist to be in a position of power.

Third, this brings to the forefront the hypocrisy of the liberal media, the same media that argued that Bill's sexual transgressions and women's accusations are not pertinent to his ability to do the job of President while arguing that they disqualify Trump from the same office. The media also tells us that we should automatically accept at face value all of Trump's accusers while ignoring Clinton's.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies