HRC's Secretary of State
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 04:34:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  HRC's Secretary of State
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: HRC's Secretary of State  (Read 1197 times)
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2016, 11:12:11 PM »

Barack Obama would be a good choice.

Nah... though I hope she nominates him for chief justice next time a vacancy pops up.
Dear gosh...

Actually since he taught Constitutional Law, maybe just maybe we'd get some constructionism out of him.
I don't want ANY partisan politicians on the court. Period. Even if he/she agrees with me on >90% of issues.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2016, 11:25:47 PM »

Nah... though I hope she nominates him for chief justice next time a vacancy pops up.
Dear gosh...

Actually since he taught Constitutional Law, maybe just maybe we'd get some constructionism out of him.
I don't want ANY partisan politicians on the court. Period. Even if he/she agrees with me on >90% of issues.
Where does the "partisan politician" line end? Ron Klain? Sandra Day O'Connor, a former state senator? Hunter Biden?
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2016, 11:57:09 PM »

Dear gosh...

Where does the "partisan politician" line end? Ron Klain? Sandra Day O'Connor, a former state senator? Hunter Biden?
O'Connor served as an Arizona judge after her tenure in the state Senate. I prefer the justices be from federal or state courts. Ex-Attorneys General or state-level judges are fine.

I don't want Governors, Senators, or US Representatives on the court.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2016, 12:12:05 AM »

Susan Rice would be a terrible and very polarizing choice. All the indications have been that she'll go for a non-controversial professional: Wendy Sherman is very possible, as are Strobe Talbott, Bill Burns (my personal preference), or James Stavridis. None should have an issue getting confirmed, and I look forward to movement away from nominating politicians to this post.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2016, 03:39:58 AM »

Webdy Sherman I think, an unsurprising but qualified choice.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2016, 04:38:19 AM »

I've heard she may pick Kerry simply because he's the most experienced to deal with Syria; since he's been working on it for the the last 24 months. I saw him get floated as an envoy to the region- but I'm not sure if he'd accept that
PRESIDENT STANTON
United States

« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2016, 08:15:30 AM »

Either John Kerry is retained or John Podesta will get the nod; Republicans will likely kick up a fuss over Podesta; my guess is it that Kerry gets to keep his job. Susan Rice, will face opposition as she did in 2013, over Benghazi, same argument applies.
Obama as Chief Justice? He will likely have a long wait, John Roberts is very likely gonna hang around for another 10 to 15 years; Hillary could easily put him (Obama) on Supreme Court to fill Scalia vacancy; Garland won't be renominated by Hillary.
She can't nominate Bill, due to the anti-nepotism rules in place.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies