ABC News/Washington Post National Poll: Clinton+4
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:25:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  ABC News/Washington Post National Poll: Clinton+4
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
Author Topic: ABC News/Washington Post National Poll: Clinton+4  (Read 6978 times)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: October 16, 2016, 12:10:06 PM »

Not to be hyper-technical, but the margin of error applies to the values of each given choice, not the percentage margin.  That is, the finding is Clinton at 47% +/- 4%, and Trump at 43% +/- 4%.  It's not a 4% lead +/- 4%; the MoE is bigger than that.  This poll is, in fact, within MoE.
voter1993
Rookie
« Reply #126 on: October 16, 2016, 12:28:22 PM »

Hope this is a change for trump doing well hillary i s a crook and a mess i'm glad this is my first ele tion and votinf trump nobody young i know likes her.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #127 on: October 16, 2016, 12:29:26 PM »

Hope this is a change for trump doing well hillary i s a crook and a mess i'm glad this is my first ele tion and votinf trump nobody young i know likes her.
Hard to get to know Clinton supporters when you never leave your parent's basement.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #128 on: October 16, 2016, 12:33:48 PM »

Hard to get to know Clinton supporters when you never leave your parent's basement.

Especially if your parents basement is in Moscow.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #129 on: October 16, 2016, 12:38:52 PM »

Especially if your parents basement is in Moscow.

Please, young Russians know English much better than this chap.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #130 on: October 16, 2016, 12:42:42 PM »

So we have two polls conducted in the same time span that show Clinton +4 and +11. Averaging them gets us to +7.5, which is about where she stood right before the debate. So this would suggest that the race has remained stable.
voter1993
Rookie
« Reply #131 on: October 16, 2016, 12:58:05 PM »

i'm 23, i'm sure u say this since hillary said this about bernie supporters, i work on wall st in manhattan Smiley more successful than you at the gas station
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #132 on: October 16, 2016, 12:59:09 PM »

i'm 23, i'm sure u say this since hillary said this about bernie supporters, i work on wall st in manhattan Smiley more successful than you at the gas station
Well it's easy to get a job scrubbing toilets on the trading floor.
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #133 on: October 16, 2016, 12:59:33 PM »

If we change nothing at all for the non-white groups from 2012 (optimistic for Trump to say the least; the +24 among Hispanics in this poll for Clinton is obviously a downward statistical fluctuation), and match the margins for college and non-college whites in this poll, you would need to increase non-college white turnout by 30% in order to match the topline numbers (and/or decrease college white turnout accordingly).  There's no real evidence that that's happening.

On the flip side, if you increase Clinton's two-way support among Hispanics to 80% (in line with other polling) and don't futz with turnout in each demographic, this would correspond to a 10.5% win for Clinton (2012+NC+GA+AZ+NE-2), according to the 538 demographic calculator.

rafta_rafta

« Reply #134 on: October 16, 2016, 04:08:24 PM »

Trump just tweeted that he hrc is down 11 points with women voters in the poll
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #135 on: October 16, 2016, 04:12:51 PM »

No, he's down 8 with women.
rafta_rafta

« Reply #136 on: October 16, 2016, 04:17:19 PM »

No, he's down 8 with women.

yup

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/787760670590791680

It's scary that a guy who plays fast and loose with the truth and basic verifiable facts could become president
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #137 on: October 16, 2016, 04:18:07 PM »
« Edited: October 16, 2016, 04:21:26 PM by iBizzBee »

It's times like these I think there should be a basic intelligence test before voting. If you can't spell 'election'; maybe you shouldn't be allowed to 'votinf' one.
voter1993
Rookie
« Reply #138 on: October 16, 2016, 04:21:22 PM »

I can see you are bitter young people don't like the crook we are making her lose, i cannot wait!
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #139 on: October 16, 2016, 04:22:43 PM »

I can see you are bitter young people don't like the crook we are making her lose, i cannot wait!

Young 21-year old urban professional checking in; I'm voting for Hillary. So are most of my friends. #AnecdotalEvidence
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #140 on: October 16, 2016, 04:23:50 PM »

Are you by any chance related to that guy?

voter1993
Rookie
« Reply #141 on: October 16, 2016, 06:12:28 PM »

Young 21-year old urban professional checking in; I'm voting for Hillary. So are most of my friends. #AnecdotalEvidence

You are from Oregon.. Portland i'm assuming aka liberal weed smoker life. Trump is the lesser of two evils.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #142 on: October 16, 2016, 06:16:40 PM »

Most of the young people I know are either bernie or busters or are for Clinton. Very few of the Bernie or Busters are landing on Trump (the count exactly is one), most are landing on not voting.

Driving around this city, I have found few Trump signs, being outnumbered by Clinton signs. There are some Johnson signs, almost equal to the amount of Trump signs. I acknowledge Trump probably wins this state, but the enthusiasm is very small compared to 2012 when Romney completely DOMINATED Obama in terms of signage.

That may just be Tulsa trending Democrat though, as it has been.
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #143 on: October 16, 2016, 07:00:18 PM »

You are from Oregon.. Portland i'm assuming aka liberal weed smoker life. Trump is the lesser of two evils.

Southern Oregon actually; and while I'm in favor of pot being decriminalized, I actually don't smoke it. Thanks for making sweeping generalizations though. Face it, the silent majority is with #MadamePresident!
voter1993
Rookie
« Reply #144 on: October 16, 2016, 07:05:35 PM »

Southern Oregon actually; and while I'm in favor of pot being decriminalized, I actually don't smoke it. Thanks for making sweeping generalizations though. Face it, the silent majority is with #MadamePresident!

The same generalizations that i live in a basement when that's laughable Smiley.  Are you gay as well?
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #145 on: October 16, 2016, 08:21:32 PM »

The same generalizations that i live in a basement when that's laughable Smiley.  Are you gay as well?

That I made? Not last time I checked; and attempting to bring sexuality into a discussion about polls? So what if I was? Irrelevant and also quite classy of you, keep throwing things against the wall until something sticks, eh? You've learned quite well from your supreme leader.

I'll see you November 8th; until then this is pointless. Wink
voter1993
Rookie
« Reply #146 on: October 16, 2016, 09:15:02 PM »

I'm asking because i am as well. I am voting for trump because of the supreme court... i. An careless if hillary wins it's not like anything she wants will get through congress. The republicans will win in 2020
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #147 on: October 16, 2016, 09:19:25 PM »

I'm asking because i am as well. I am voting for trump because of the supreme court... i. An careless if hillary wins it's not like anything she wants will get through congress. The republicans will win in 2020

Good for you! #YoungGayDivasWithMoneyForTRUMP High Five, boo!
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #148 on: October 16, 2016, 09:48:36 PM »

Good for you! #YoungGayDivasWithMoneyForTRUMP High Five, boo!
LOL
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #149 on: October 16, 2016, 10:04:06 PM »

If you want to vote for a man whom has every intention of choosing a supreme court whom will overturn marriage equality and whom has chosen a running mate whom openly supported laws that allowed businesses to discriminate against gay people then go ahead; self hate is a very sad thing, and I for one enjoy having my civil rights protected.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies