UT: Y2 Analytics- Tie (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:05:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  UT: Y2 Analytics- Tie (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: UT: Y2 Analytics- Tie  (Read 8402 times)
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« on: October 12, 2016, 09:23:13 AM »

My dream scenario would be for McMullin to win Utah, force an EC deadlock, and get the House to elect him president.  Maybe only a 0.1% chance, but I can dream, right?
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 11:09:51 AM »

My dream scenario would be for McMullin to win Utah, force an EC deadlock, and get the House to elect him president.  Maybe only a 0.1% chance, but I can dream, right?
That would be like Kasich getting the Republican nomination for winning Ohio. A dream of liberal Republicans, but a pipe dream.

If the election goes to the House, Trump wins. Republicans have more state delegations.

Depending on the makeup of the Senate, you could theoretically get VP Kaine.

If the election goes to the House, then the Senate is almost certainly a Republican hold, and elects VP Pence. There are too many #NeverTrump House Republicans for Trump to possibly carry it, but there are also too many Trump loyalists for anyone to. There would be no winner and Pence would win the election. (I can provide a long version of this with likely House election results and names of #NeverTrump Republicans, but a quick look at Wikipedia would provide the same thing).

Any Republican could win in the House. But Trump cannot. And McMullin isn't running as a Republican, so that option is right out.
The Constitution gives one vote to each state, not proportional based on number of Reps in the delegation. In that scenario, Trump will take the majority of state delegations and win the Presidency, either by states voting as to whom the people voted for or voting as partisans.

The smaller rural states trend Republican.

The Constitution limits the choices to the top three contenders. So likely, it will be Trump, Hillary or Johnson in that scenario. McMuffin is poling nowhere near Johnson (or even Stein) right now.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Source: http://history.house.gov/Institution/Electoral-College/Electoral-College/

In this scenario, it would be Trump, Clinton, and McMullin, as he would have 6 electoral votes to Johnson's 0 (or even just 5 if he somehow won NM).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies