Sessions on Trump: Grabbing a woman not sexual assault
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 08:39:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Sessions on Trump: Grabbing a woman not sexual assault
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Sessions on Trump: Grabbing a woman not sexual assault  (Read 2645 times)
tinman64

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.57

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 10, 2016, 05:17:41 PM »

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2016/10/grabbing_a_womans_genitals_not.html#incart_2box

Alabama Sen. Jeff Sessions said grabbing a woman's genitals – an act graphically described by Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump in a 2005 video tape – does not necessarily constitute sexual assault.

In comments to the Weekly Standard, Sessions, one of Trump's most vocal supporters, said he was not sure if the actions the GOP nominee described would constitute assault.

"I don't characterize that as sexual assault," Sessions said. "I think that's a stretch. I don't know what he meant."

"So if you grab a woman by the genitals, that's not sexual assault?" the reporter asked Sessions.

"I don't know," the senator replied. "It's not clear that he — how that would occur."
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 05:18:58 PM »

I'll bet Senator Sessions commits not-sexual assault all the time!
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2016, 05:19:36 PM »

What the heck?
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2016, 05:20:40 PM »

He's a very nice man. Ive met him. this is a silly and sexist gaffe, but I seriously doubt Senator Sessions has ever assaulted someone. He's very shy and humble.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2016, 05:22:30 PM »

Already planned on giving to Sessions's primary opponent if he gets one since he endorsed Trump in the primary. Now, I'll make doubly sure to do so.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2016, 05:32:46 PM »

What is the point of comments like this? They do nothing for the discussion and are just meant to be mean. Respect our leaders, regardless of policy or gaffe.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2016, 05:33:54 PM »

What is the point of comments like this? They do nothing for the discussion and are just meant to be mean. Respect our leaders, regardless of policy or gaffe.

I wish your party had showed a modicum of respect to Barack Obama during his Presidency. But because they didn't, I don't want to hear any BS about "respect our leaders"
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2016, 05:35:27 PM »

He's a very nice man. Ive met him. this is a silly and sexist gaffe, but I seriously doubt Senator Sessions has ever assaulted someone. He's very shy and humble.

I bet that's why he likes to wear a white hood, because of his shyness.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2016, 05:35:58 PM »

Unless he's saying this is sexual battery, it makes no sense.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2016, 05:38:32 PM »

This is the average white American male. He's happy to normalize and even glorify physical and emotional domination, violation, and abuse of everyone that isn't him.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2016, 05:40:15 PM »

This seems really stupid. I'm almost ready to assume that he intended to say that Trump's specific comments [to Billy Bush] on their own were not sexual assault, and just misheard the question. How on God's green earth you come to the conclusion that the actual act isn't sexual assault is beyond me.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2016, 05:42:51 PM »

I wish your party had showed a modicum of respect to Barack Obama during his Presidency. But because they didn't, I don't want to hear any BS about "respect our leaders"
Go through my atlas posts. I always refer to Pres. Obama as such and Sec. Clinton as such.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2016, 05:45:08 PM »

How on God's green earth you come to the conclusion that the actual act isn't sexual assault is beyond me.

He is from Alabama.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2016, 06:00:45 PM »

I don't have any particular beef against Sessions, although I obviously disagree with his Trump endorsement, and haven't seen any particular scandals associated with him.... although I'm sure y'all will fill me in on the details as needed.

Regardless, made sure to post this on FB and flag my brother and sister-in-law that have been living in 'Bama for the past five years, and his attention has been distracted since my brother is the first in the family ever to get a PhD as of today, so they haven't been paying too much attention to politics in recent months....
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2016, 06:02:59 PM »

Is this another Akinism?
BoAtlantis

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2016, 06:08:25 PM »

If Hillary was accused of having done that to a man, Republicans would jump all over it. Why don't they just man up instead of putting their party first?
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2016, 06:20:02 PM »

Would it be sexual assault if Trump did it to Sessions' daughter?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2016, 06:29:45 PM »

This is the average white American male. He's happy to normalize and even glorify physical and emotional domination, violation, and abuse of everyone that isn't him.

there is nothing normal about that sentiment even amongus middle aged white males. nor is jeff sessions a typical representative of our species by any means.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2016, 06:30:48 PM »
« Edited: October 10, 2016, 06:32:43 PM by Meclazine »

The term sexual assault refers to sexual contact or behavior that occurs without explicit consent of the victim.

That should be pretty basic.

Technically, if women were happy being groped on the pussy by Donald Trump, then it would not constitute sexual assault.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2016, 06:33:06 PM »

Go through my atlas posts. I always refer to Pres. Obama as such and Sec. Clinton as such.

Pyro did say "Senator Sessions"....
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2016, 06:35:07 PM »

It is insanely bigoted to generalize in such a manner. I don't support it when it used to target minorities and I don't support it when it targets White folks either. Senator Sessions' defense of Trump's comments are disgusting and ungentlemanly, but your vitriolic racism has no place.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2016, 06:40:03 PM »

Why am I not surprised in the slightest?
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2016, 06:48:12 PM »

It is insanely bigoted to generalize in such a manner. I don't support it when it used to target minorities and I don't support it when it targets White folks either. Senator Sessions' defense of Trump's comments are disgusting and ungentlemanly, but your vitriolic racism has no place.

It is, at the least, the dominating culture of American white men. Every poll shows that a heavy majority of white men support of every action Trump takes, from demanding we remove other races, oppress Muslims, increase systemic violence on blacks, the lessening of women into rightless playthings, the normalization of rape and sexual assault, on top of the ignorance, resorting to violence to solve political problems, and the regular request to his supporters to oppress voters in minority districts through threat of violence.

This is what a majority of white men in America believe. That's not something to be joked about. That's how far they've gone, that's the threat the heavy majority culture of them is. That's reality.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2016, 06:52:40 PM »

Right, and water isn't actually wet. I mean, I don't know what exactly constitutes wetness.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2016, 06:54:12 PM »

It is, at the least, the dominating culture of American white men. Every poll shows that a heavy majority of white men support of every action Trump takes, from demanding we remove other races, oppress Muslims, increase systemic violence on blacks, the lessening of women into rightless playthings, the normalization of rape and sexual assault, on top of the ignorance, resorting to violence to solve political problems, and the regular request to his supporters to oppress voters in minority districts through threat of violence.

This is what a majority of white men in America believe. That's not something to be joked about. That's how far they've gone, that's the threat the heavy majority culture of them is. That's reality.

Show me one credible poll that shows that a heavy majority of white men support any of that. Otherwise, you're simply talking out of your bum. That isn't reality, you are as delusional as the bunker-dwellers rambling about Black thug culture. You're uninformed, you're a racist, and you give liberalism a bad name.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies