Who won the debate?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 05, 2024, 11:56:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Who won the debate?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9
Poll
Question: Huh
Clinton (I support Clinton)

Clinton (I support Trump)

Clinton (I support Other)

Trump (I support Clinton)

Trump (I support Trump)

Trump (I support Other)

Tie (I support Clinton)

Tie (I support Trump)

Tie (I support Other)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 280

Author Topic: Who won the debate?  (Read 12961 times)
pikachu
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: October 09, 2016, 10:59:51 PM »

Ben SmithVerified account
‏@BuzzFeedBen
In the spin room, Nigel Farrage just compared Trump to a "silverback gorilla." "He dominated her."

That's how "Alpha Males" speak.

Is Nigel Farage really an alpha male?
Higgs

Political Matrix
E: 6.14, S: -4.17

« Reply #151 on: October 09, 2016, 11:00:08 PM »

Trump, and he performed way better than in the last debate.
BoAtlantis

« Reply #152 on: October 09, 2016, 11:03:11 PM »

I think many people overestimated the expectations game. As most of Atlas and the pundits said, the poll does confirm people think Trump vastly outperformed expectations. But they still give Hillary a crushing win regardless.

I am a bit surprised (pleasantly) that the average American was able to acknowledge that someone can outperform expectations but still lose decisively.

Agreed, I'm shocked. Trump does better with audience that prefers demagogues and WWE style debate. Only intelligent and knowledgeable audience would think Hillary won.
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #153 on: October 09, 2016, 11:04:57 PM »

Ben SmithVerified account
‏@BuzzFeedBen
In the spin room, Nigel Farrage just compared Trump to a "silverback gorilla." "He dominated her."

That's how "Alpha Males" speak.

Is Nigel Farage really an alpha male?

If you want to get specific he's more of a "sigma male":

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheRedPill/comments/2uk7x3/are_you_alpha_beta_omega_or_another/
yawa
Rookie
Belarus
« Reply #154 on: October 09, 2016, 11:15:16 PM »

Trump cannot win in principle. But as he perfomed much better than in the first debate his supporters declare him a winner.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #155 on: October 09, 2016, 11:16:14 PM »

Hillary, but not as strongly as the first debate because Trump just didn't relent. But that was also a negative for him - he hardly ever discussed the questions asked.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #156 on: October 09, 2016, 11:16:57 PM »

Looking forward to when Trump falters all throughout the third debate and the cultists brazenly declare that "THIS time, he ACTUALLY won"... good grief!
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #157 on: October 09, 2016, 11:18:21 PM »

67% of people in this thread support Clinton. I knew it.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #158 on: October 09, 2016, 11:34:45 PM »

67% of people in this thread support Clinton. I knew it.

It's a smart forum. Wink
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #159 on: October 09, 2016, 11:40:05 PM »

when I read the talking head comment that Hillary won by not destroying Trump so badly that he'll leave the race, I thought that was some of the stupidest TV commentary ever. Then I saw the massive blood of elected officials in endorsing Trump and asking him to withdraw as the GOP nominee. Now I wonder if that might be true after all! The very last thing Hillary wants to happen at this point is for Trump somehow to be convinced against all signs of his ego size to actually withdraw and have to go head-to-head against Pence instead.
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #160 on: October 10, 2016, 12:43:25 AM »

Trump, narrowly. He was able to get under Clinton's skin and will be able to perpetuate the idea that the media is out to get him. The moderators lack of control and subsequent attempts to regain it will hurt Clinton.

Don't you get tired of writing such terrible @analysis?
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #161 on: October 10, 2016, 12:54:31 AM »

There is nothing wrong with disagreeing with Pence, I mean having a Public & Private Stance should be disqualifying - I mean Clinton disagrees with her own self & has a fraudulent life! But then you have a monster like Trump who shouldn't be running anyways.

There was also nothing wrong with having Clinton investigated again - Absolutely right thing to say, the Jail comments were too much of an overkill.

Overall Trump won narrowly but it is nowhere near enough - This is not just the tape but the whole garbage stuff he has done for 1 year including Muslim ban etc which is finally catching up to him.

Trump is over & can't recover IMO - You could see it today - It is over for Trump - He should quit with dignity - This was his best debate, he came much better prepared although he shouldn't have attacked the mods & interrupted so much.

I also think he absolutely missed everything on the Wikileaks, an absolute disaster, that could have seriously damaged Clinton & he went on a stupid rant about Putin!
SirMuxALot

« Reply #162 on: October 10, 2016, 12:58:02 AM »

a major party nominee just promised to jail his political opponent if he wins.

So it's wrong for a President to apply the law to politicians in the opposite party?

Denny Hastert (R), Michael Grimm (R), and Rick Renzi (R) will be glad to hear that!
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

« Reply #163 on: October 10, 2016, 01:00:11 AM »

Watching it right now. I thought Hillary killed him on the Pussygate question. At this moment it is hard to imagine how anybody could think that Trump won this, but I will continue watching.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

« Reply #164 on: October 10, 2016, 02:54:03 AM »

Done watching it. Admittedly, I was impressed that Trump managed to hold it together for 90 minutes after pussygate. He wasn't rambling as much as in the first debate.

If you look at it objectively, there is no question that Clinton won big on substance. Her answers were coherent and thoughtful, while Trump was spewing his usual nonsense. The problem is that the public are idiots and won't be able to see this. From that perspective calling it a draw probably isn't entirely wrong. And a draw helps the pussygrabber.
Southern Delegate matthew27
matthew27
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -1.22

« Reply #165 on: October 10, 2016, 03:16:24 AM »

Meaning that she was
1. More presidential
2. Had much more detailed and well thought out plans and ideas. Probably at least 10 times more thought out and with good knowledge on each topic.
3. Was far calmer and far more on her feet
4. Set the right tone and had the right stances
4. Stayed on topic...Trump lied and want off topic nearly on every question.

I'd say Hillary won this one
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #166 on: October 10, 2016, 03:23:33 AM »

Trump is absolutely losing the spin war. Again.
ursulahx
United Kingdom

« Reply #167 on: October 10, 2016, 04:44:45 AM »

Just finished watching it. Thought it was basically a draw. Don't think either candidate will have attracted new voters to their side. And that basically means a win for Clinton. But a lot depends on the narrative that emerges in the next few days.
Southern Delegate matthew27
matthew27
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -1.22

« Reply #168 on: October 10, 2016, 05:02:30 AM »

Who would agree with me that Hillary did better this time then the last debate? I thought her performance on the issues were better and with more heart.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #169 on: October 10, 2016, 05:08:51 AM »

Who would agree with me that Hillary did better this time then the last debate? I thought her performance on the issues were better and with more heart.

I think her answers were actually stronger and much more passionate. But with the angry orangutan lurking around, it made it hard.
Panda Express

« Reply #170 on: October 10, 2016, 05:14:13 AM »

Well, it's official. All the polls are saying Hillary won. 2-0 undefeated baby. Better luck next time Trump supporters.

Rand
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #171 on: October 10, 2016, 05:19:06 AM »

She gave more passionate answers and focused more on substance rather than personal attack this time, but Donald had the best zingers. I can't help but think her subdued performance was intentional. Perhaps they wanted Donald to perform better in round two so expectations are higher for him in round three, which means they're saving the KO for that debate. OR they believe The Pussygrabber is done and wanted to play it safe, which the possibility of more controversial tapes could play into.
rafta_rafta

« Reply #172 on: October 10, 2016, 05:34:18 AM »

two answers stood out for me - the Obamacare response and the one where she outlined the Syria plan.

That stood in sharp contrast to the wordsalad that Trump used to respond. It was clear that when it comes to policy he is totally clueless.

The muslim answer was worrisome too - the lady asked how they would combat islamophobia. Trump immediately went to ISIS. Clinton for her part addressed the question
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #173 on: October 10, 2016, 05:45:01 AM »

People have to realize that tonight could have ended Trump's candidacy realistically. Clinton could have given the knockout punch & failed.

In the end Trump saved his campaign & candidacy for doom & lives to fight another day with a Fox Debate coming up & more Wikileaks coming up which will be taken up in a Fox Debate.

Trump had some bad moments & bad lines, but also had some really good lines, strong responses. He has some fantastic responses including the Tax response which could have damaged him but he spun it really good.

Minimum Wage, Climate Change, Deportation Force, Killing families of Terrorists to Trump's Big Billionaire Tax cuts - There were so many issues other than the Trump comments & Clinton could have hammered & damaged him - Trump looks to be winning on the economy or looks very strong which is horrible - He should be destroyed there - Hillary is enjoying the dirty campaign which is only gonna make this race close as she is almost equally hated!
ursulahx
United Kingdom

« Reply #174 on: October 10, 2016, 05:45:52 AM »

Remember Clinton doesn't want Trump to bottom out too soon. If she's going to knock him out, best to do it in the third debate (where she has the best chance anyway).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies