Morning Consult/POLITICO: Clinton+4 in poll done yesterday
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:26:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  Morning Consult/POLITICO: Clinton+4 in poll done yesterday
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Morning Consult/POLITICO: Clinton+4 in poll done yesterday  (Read 2957 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 09, 2016, 06:30:24 AM »
« edited: October 09, 2016, 06:37:26 AM by Tender Branson »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Clinton 45%
Trump 41%

Clinton 42%
Trump 38%
Johnson 8%
Stein 3%

The POLITICO/Morning Consult poll was conducted October 8 with 1,549 registered voters and has a margin of error of plus or minus three points. View the trend toplines, trend crosstabs, topical toplines and topical crosstabs at the links.

https://morningconsult.com/2016/10/09/republican-voters-remain-loyal-trump-first-national-poll-video/
JRoby
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 06:33:30 AM »

You can delete my other one
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2016, 06:34:06 AM »

RIP Hillary lol
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2016, 06:34:45 AM »

Funny that Trump's loss is smaller from the video leak than the tax return leaks. 
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2016, 06:35:11 AM »

So pussygate has ZERO impact according to this poll (given that C+4 is totally in line with recent polling).

Honestly, I'm not terribly surprised by this. My initial reaction was that this wouldn't do much damage to Trump, but I started changing my mind after the general freakout associated with it.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2016, 06:35:45 AM »

Its too soon to poll the actual effects of Trump's comments.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2016, 06:35:47 AM »

You can also delete it by clicking the "remove topic" button at the bottom of the post ... Wink
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2016, 06:36:01 AM »

Um - it takes at least 48 hours for big news to filter through. This is psephology 101.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2016, 06:37:03 AM »

trump is a political zombie...unable to really die.

race +4/5 seems right.

Fusionmunster

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2016, 06:37:30 AM »

Um - it takes at least 48 hours for big news to filter through. This is psephology 101.

Seriously, I dont get how long time posters dont get that.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2016, 06:38:36 AM »

I think it might not hurt Trump that much, because people were already expecting these things from him.

They are voting for him for other reasons (and some also because of his sexist views).
JRoby
Rookie

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2016, 06:39:32 AM »

Akin led by one in the PPP poll just after his rape comments, and didn't lead in any poll after that (except for Gravis).

Dems should only be concerned if the polls are like this in a week.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2016, 06:40:15 AM »

I think it might not hurt Trump that much, because people were already expecting these things from him.

They are voting for him for other reasons (and some also because of his sexist views).

The problem is, by the time the real impacts get felt, it'll be blurred with reaction from the debate.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2016, 06:43:50 AM »

So pussygate has ZERO impact according to this poll (given that C+4 is totally in line with recent polling).

Honestly, I'm not terribly surprised by this. My initial reaction was that this wouldn't do much damage to Trump, but I started changing my mind after the general freakout associated with it.

just my thoughts....i saw it as more of the same and was pleased that it terrified the politicians.

clinton still needs to rock this tonight...she is the motivation-underdog after all.
Rand
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2016, 06:45:27 AM »

This poll was done less than 24 hours after the news broke. Half my friends weren't even aware because of college football. It takes a bit longer than one day for the American public to learn of and absorb this story. The real impact will start to show up in this week's polls.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2016, 06:46:48 AM »

The problem is, by the time the real impacts get felt, it'll be blurred with reaction from the debate.

True.

Today's debate could be really ugly though, which means it could drag both candidates down.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2016, 06:49:48 AM »

The video footage can quickly be contained then, since the townhall debate tonight could quickly shift the narrative, seems like Trump got lucky with the timing of this release, imagine if it had been released say a couple of days after the final debate, he would have no hope of turning this around.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2016, 06:53:29 AM »

The video footage can quickly be contained then, since the townhall debate tonight could quickly shift the narrative, seems like Trump got lucky with the timing of this release, imagine if it had been released say a couple of days after the final debate, he would have no hope of turning this around.

Thats one way to look at it.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2016, 06:56:24 AM »

the general opinion is, that the clinton campaign has more of the stuff......or wants to neutralize wikileaks. if the latter...they are freakingly successful.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2016, 06:59:17 AM »

F-ck your country if what came out on Friday doesn't move the polls. It would be so, so shameful.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2016, 07:02:08 AM »

If this poll is even remotely close to reality, I'll echo the words of Reverend Wright from several years ago. If Donald Trump is still that close, this country should not exist anymore and it should break apart. I won't say it directly but I will say God damn you that support Trump.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2016, 07:03:28 AM »

This poll was done less than 24 hours after the news broke. Half my friends weren't even aware because of college football. It takes a bit longer than one day for the American public to learn of and absorb this story. The real impact will start to show up in this week's polls.
They specifically ask people of this, and ask them to evaluate the video and ask them how it affects their opinion of Trump. Basically, the takeaway from the poll is that 80% of the people know about the story, most don't like it, but very very few of the republicans wnat Trump to drop out or the GOP to abandon Trump and it doesn't seem to affect very many in terms of how they are going to vote. A sizable majority of republicans felt that this is just how men talk in private about women.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2016, 07:05:47 AM »

I won't say it directly but I will say God damn you that support Trump.
Trump supporters do indeed deserve to rot in hell (at least those of his supporters who aren't just morons, but actually know better), but not really because of this video. Trump has said and done far far worse. He is a threat to the survival of human civilization and this video has nothing to do with this.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2016, 07:06:08 AM »

They specifically ask people of this, and ask them to evaluate the video and ask them how it affects their opinion of Trump. Basically, the takeaway from the poll is that 80% of the people know about the story, most don't like it, but very very few of the republicans wnat Trump to drop out or the GOP to abandon Trump and it doesn't seem to affect very many in terms of how they are going to vote. A sizable majority of republicans felt that this is just how men talk in private about women.

That makes it essentially a flash poll.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2016, 07:07:23 AM »

Can people CHILL. THE. F***. OUT.

You'd think people have never read polling before.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies