WA-KOMO News: Clinton +17/+16 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:25:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  WA-KOMO News: Clinton +17/+16 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WA-KOMO News: Clinton +17/+16  (Read 1780 times)
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« on: October 07, 2016, 04:36:11 AM »

Hey Alcon, what do you think is more likely: Hillary flipping Whitman county, or Trump flipping Cowlitz?  And who wins WA-3? 
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2016, 03:53:16 AM »
« Edited: October 08, 2016, 03:55:56 AM by Fuzzybigfoot »

Hey Alcon, what do you think is more likely: Hillary flipping Whitman county, or Trump flipping Cowlitz?  And who wins WA-3?  

That's a great question.  I have a really rough spreadsheet model that currently gives Clinton +1.4 in Whitman and Trump +0.5 in Cowlitz.  Pullman turnout is a pretty big x-factor, though.  I'd say Whitman if pressed, but Cowlitz will definitely veer right on the PVI.  A few weeks ago, I would have given Trump better than even odds for Mason and Pacific, and probably Grays Harbor at the worst of it (plus Clallam, although that's always a swing county).

My model has Trump +0.5 in WA-3 and Clinton +1.2 in WA-8, which I'd actually argue isn't an awful district for Trump (unlike the old WA-8).

I don't expect a sea change in the results outside of the educated suburbs, but that's enough to make King County really nasty in my model (66-25 Clinton, with Seattle 78-11).

This is a pretty hasty model based on past election input, the primary, some demographics, etc., so it's really just for fun.

What do you think?  I honestly have been skeptical of the Clinton +11-12 average for WA.  Clinton +14 or so feels more realistic, and I wouldn't be shocked if it were higher.

Gun to my head, I probably would've picked Trump to win WA-3.  Given recent events, I'm not so sure.  As for WA-8, I would've guessed Hillary 49%-46%.  
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies